Gtown-ish

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    True or not it is irrelevant to our position. You're simply using it as a battle cry to belittle our position.

adjective​

1. enforced or compulsory:
      forced labor.
    2. strained, unnatural, or affected:
      a forced smile.
    3. subjected to force.
    4. required by circumstances; emergency:
      a forced landing of an airplane.

Number 2 and 4 fit.
    #4 describes the Hobson's choice. Forced by circumstances. Like all the developers lobbying for greater control through associations.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    True or not it is irrelevant to our position. You're simply using it as a battle cry to belittle our position.
    I am trying to get you guys to acknowledge that forcing landowners to only be able to sell the complete bundle of rights is taking rights that they have. No law was passed to allow that, it was considered a normal part of ownership.

adjective​

forced labor.
      a forced smile.
    3. subjected to force.

Number 2 and 4 fit.
    So it is similar to a forced smile or forced plane landing? :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nor would you get 10% to support it if it weren't for a company who unilaterally created it.
    They all agreed to it when they bought in and signed that they would abide by the covenants. My neighborhood is very proactive in being sure the covenants are delivered to new buyers before their closing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am trying to get you guys to acknowledge that forcing landowners to only be able to sell the complete bundle of rights is taking rights that they have. No law was passed to allow that, it was considered a normal part of ownership.
    Really? Care to look up mineral rights?

I'm trying to get you to acknowledge that it is your opinion. It is my opinion that property rights are inseparably from the property.

So it is similar to a forced smile or forced plane landing? :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
    Required by circumstances has very wide applications. Surely your vocabulary is mature enough to get that. Right?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And you've cherry picked many of the findings.
    Are the things I posted not in the surveys?

It's not relevant what the general population says about HOA's when you are considering a claim that most people don't like HOA's. Something like 80% of new neighborhoods have HOA's. So what do you do about conflicting surveys?

There's some good and bad reported by the stats if you're a Karen. If you insist that only the residents of HOA's get to have their opinions counted, why is it that slightly less than half of HOA residents say they'd live in another HOA neighborhood?
    If I was asked that question I would say I don’t want to live in an HOA because I want land out. Different folks have different values and circumstances do vary as to the desire for an HOA. I believe if asked if they would want an HOA in a neighborhood of .17 acre lots the results would be different than for a neighborhood of 2 acre lots.

I think you just like to look at stats that agree with you.
    I see it all and majorities like their HOA.

What we have is, many polls disagree, and the numbers need an analysis that is unbiased. Neither of us are that person. The difference between us is that I recognize that I am biased against HOA's and that is largely influenced with my experience living in an HOA and being on the board of one.
    Also, internet surveys are notoriously bad.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are the things I posted not in the surveys?
    I keep giving you the opportunity to scrounge up an ounce of intellectual honesty. What you did, is exactly what cherry-picking is. You pick out the stuff that is advantageous to you, while leaving out the stuff that isn't.

If I was asked that question I would say I don’t want to live in an HOA because I want land out. Different folks have different values and circumstances do vary as to the desire for an HOA. I believe if asked if they would want an HOA in a neighborhood of .17 acre lots the results would be different than for a neighborhood of 2 acre lots.
    Didn't you say earlier, when asked what you consider a "small lot" for the purposes of determining when an HOA should be imposed on a home. Didn't you say something like 5 acres? Was that you who said that?

But, your point is what it is, and is why I said something to the effect that you don't know how to read surveys.

I see it all and majorities like their HOA.
    This is untrue.
    Also, internet surveys are notoriously bad.

So the surveys you posted are notoriously bad?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I keep giving you the opportunity to scrounge up an ounce of intellectual honesty. What you did, is exactly what cherry-picking is. You pick out the stuff that is advantageous to you, while leaving out the stuff that isn't.

You cherry picked a 14% stat that other parts of the survey rebutted.
    Didn't you say earlier, when asked what you consider a "small lot" for the purposes of determining when an HOA should be imposed on a home. Didn't you say something like 5 acres? Was that you who said that?
    I probably personally want an HOA for sure under 5 acres depending on the set up. 5 acres in the country no, in a subdivision probably. As for others, I believe if asked if they would want an HOA in a neighborhood of .17 acre lots the results would be different than for a neighborhood of 2 acre lots.

This is untrue.
    So now you know what I have seen?

So the surveys you posted are notoriously bad?
    Surveys are notoriously bad because respondents are self selected.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You cherry picked a 14% stat that other parts of the survey rebutted.
    I gave the stats from the article, including the 14%.

I probably personally want an HOA for sure under 5 acres depending on the set up. 5 acres in the country no, in a subdivision probably. As for others, I believe if asked if they would want an HOA in a neighborhood of .17 acre lots the results would be different than for a neighborhood of 2 acre lots.
    You're sure. Because you've kinda been all over the place. Can we lock that in as your final answer?

So now you know what I have seen?

When you claim to see all, it doesn't even matter how well you analyze the product of your omnipotence, I can claim with complete confidence that it's nonsense.

Surveys are notoriously bad because respondents are self selected.
    Then why should you put any stock in yours?

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We have already acknowledge that. What's your point? HOA creation is not an ability they should have save for very limited circumstances which have been acknowledged and discussed.

Way to read the example rather than the definition. You're not fooling anyone by using the obvious when it supports your position and drawing lots of dotted lines when it doesn't.

adjective​

forced labor.
      a forced smile.
    3. subjected to force.

Number 2 and 4 fit.

If I went door to door with a petition to eliminate the HOA I wouldn’t get 10% to sign it in my neighborhood.
    Nor would you get 10% to support it if it weren't for a company who unilaterally created it.
    They all agreed to it when they bought in and signed that they would abide by the covenants. My neighborhood is very proactive in being sure the covenants are delivered to new buyers before their closing.
    What does this reply have to do with the context of petition signatures in support of dissolution or creation? On the matter of petition signatures, I bet you'd struggle to get 10% to sign on to a change to the covenants. You should try it sometime and tell us how many actually sign on and what change you attempted.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I bet you'd struggle to get 10% to sign on to a change to the covenants. You should try it sometime and tell us how many actually sign on and what change you attempted.
    We did it easy as I told you it was, we made all rentals not allowed. It was a few years ago but I do recall we had no nay votes but a few did not respond.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    99/100 people who live in HOAs, are democrats.

1/2 of of all HOA fans want to get out of living in a HOA.
    99% of people said they want to live on a ten thousand acre estate and in a house with 24 bedrooms, 32 baths, and 24 hour maid service.

in other news 57% of HOA members said it has made their lives easier where they really can afford to live…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom