Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Our entire society is based on courts to resolve disputes contractual or not. That has nothing to do with an HOA.
    Come on Mike. You're not stupid. Stop arguing with stupid points. It has everything to do with the HOA. If the HOA could do nothing to enforce the contract, which they can't without government, then people would not abide by the ridiculous rules. Okay so you're a HOA president. You tell the guy working on his car in his own driveway that he can't do that. And then he says **** you. What are you gonna do if you don't have some government entity like a court? Hmmm?

All the HOA/karens had to do was make reasonable restrictions. Don't let your lawn get unruly. Don't run a brothel out of your home. If you have to have a car on blocks, maybe put it where it's not so noticeable and cover it. Those kinds of things. Reasonable restrictions. But no. You guys have to get right up into people's noses and regulate their max booger size.

Maybe if you were reasonable, HOA's wouldn't be so hated. And anyone who thinks they're not hated probably has their head in such a dark place that they cannot see clearly.

Not everyone in the world is a liar as in your example. Why do you guys keep supporting liars?

I think if someone wants to impose ridiculous restrictions on buyers, it is the buyer's duty as a free person living in a free society, to do what they can to nullify the ridiculous restrictions. Kudos to that local government for bitch slapping the HOA's. Looks to me like they needed it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Come on Mike. You're not stupid. Stop arguing with stupid points. It has everything to do with the HOA. If the HOA could do nothing to enforce the contract, which they can't without government, then people would not abide by the ridiculous rules. Okay so you're a HOA president. You tell the guy working on his car in his own driveway that he can't do that. And then he says **** you. What are you gonna do if you don't have some government entity like a court? Hmmm?
    Notices, fines, liens, none of which require government involvement. If it escalates from there court it is.

All the HOA/karens had to do was make reasonable restrictions. Don't let your lawn get unruly. Don't run a brothel out of your home. If you have to have a car on blocks, maybe put it where it's not so noticeable and cover it. Those kinds of things. Reasonable restrictions. But no. You guys have to get right up into people's noses and regulate their max booger size.
    Who defines “reasonable”? Oh, yes, the landowners with their freedom to create covenants/restrictions and the HOA. A freedom you want to take away.

Maybe if you were reasonable, HOA's wouldn't be so hated. And anyone who thinks they're not hated probably has their head in such a dark place that they cannot see clearly.
    That is not what consistent surveys and even studies say.

I think if someone wants to impose ridiculous restrictions on buyers, it is the buyer's duty as a free person living in a free society, to do what they can to nullify the ridiculous restrictions. Kudos to that local government for bitch slapping the HOA's. Looks to me like they needed it.
    Enjoy the taking of others freedom…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Who defines “reasonable”? Oh, yes, the landowners with their freedom to create covenants/restrictions and the HOA. A freedom you want to take away.
    That's not a freedom. It's a power granted to karens by stupid laws, lobbied for by lawyers to make life complicated, that should be repealed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Except, the HOA is a private government, but sanctioned by the public government. The HOA has no enforcement mechanism other than to use the legal system (government) against homeowners who don't comply.

So yes. For all practical purposes, HOA's act as a government.

"private" government?
    No.

Government.

Town governments used to not get paid. Over time they got paid.
    But, when they weren't paid, they were STILL "government".

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is untrue.
    You still in kindergarten? Many of your posts here look like it. I posted a bunch of them just for you. Heck you were even wrong on the link you posted.

You are distorting the data by taking one subset and basing everything on it. People that live in an HOA are those whose opinions matter, not those that o not want an HOA. Yes, folks do self sort, you guys admit to doing just that. Let’s see what the data, where you got the 14% from says about those that live in an HOA.

While many people living in HOA neighborhoods say they would prefer not to, more strongly or somewhat approve (58%) than disapprove (32%) of how the HOA in their neighborhood is governed. And more say they love or like living in a neighborhood with an HOA (54%) than say they hate or dislike it (34%).”

Hmm, more approve and more say they like it, no wonder you cannot get those votes passed. It also indicates that even your straight up vote would not pass many times.

Residential rules: How Americans view HOAs and their influence | YouGov

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's not a freedom. It's a power granted to karens by stupid laws, lobbied for by lawyers to make life complicated, that should be repealed.
    Really? I bet if you took away the right to sell what parts of property with a law, those that lost it would say you took their freedom. If I went door to door with a petition to eliminate the HOA I wouldn’t get 10% to sign it in my neighborhood.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You really think it’s a stretch of the imagination that courts enforce contracts? :lmfao:

Okay. So you sell me some land and put it on the deed that I have to face mecca and pray 5 times a day. I think, well he’s giving me a good price for the land, I’ll buy it and then just tell him to **** off, because I’m not doing that. You know, because the courts/government don’t enforce contracts.

So after I get all settled in you see me mowing my grass instead of praying towards mecca. You stop and call me on it. I tell you nah. **** off. You say, but we had a deal. I tell you where and how far up that place to put your contract. Whatcha gonna do about it? Courts don’t enforce contracts in your world of lala land.

Okay. Now apply that to your claim that the government has nothing to do with contracts. Apply that to HOA’s. If it weren’t for government, no one would obey the HOA rules. No one would keep contract agreements.
    You kindergarten distorter you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is it not true? It 100% is true but you guys have had this line of thinking for so long it is jarring to see the truth.
    True or not it is irrelevant to our position. You're simply using it as a battle cry to belittle our position.

forced​

adjective
    1. obtained or imposed by coercion or physical power

adjective​

1. enforced or compulsory:
      forced labor.
    2. strained, unnatural, or affected:
      a forced smile.
    3. subjected to force.
    4. required by circumstances; emergency:
      a forced landing of an airplane.

Number 2 and 4 fit.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Really? I bet if you took away the right to sell what parts of property with a law, those that lost it would say you took their freedom. If I went door to door with a petition to eliminate the HOA I wouldn’t get 10% to sign it in my neighborhood.
    If you took the right to take candy away from a baby, those people who took candy away from a baby would say you took their freedom.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Our entire society is based on courts to resolve disputes contractual or not. That has nothing to do with an HOA.
    What power does the HOA have to enforce it's rules? A strongly worded letter from the HOA Karens?

Not everyone in the world is a liar as in your example. Why do you guys keep supporting liars?

Why do you support Karens? See? I can make opinionated claims too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You still in kindergarten? Many of your posts here look like it.

You still retarded? Because many of your posts look like it. See? I can make incendiary comments too.
    I posted a bunch of them just for you. Heck you were even wrong on the link you posted.
    And you've cherry picked many of the findings.

You are distorting the data by taking one subset and basing everything on it. People that live in an HOA are those whose opinions matter, not those that o not want an HOA. Yes, folks do self sort, you guys admit to doing just that. Let’s see what the data, where you got the 14% from says about those that live in an HOA.

It's not relevant what the general population says about HOA's when you are considering a claim that most people don't like HOA's. Something like 80% of new neighborhoods have HOA's. So what do you do about conflicting surveys?

There's some good and bad reported by the stats if you're a Karen. If you insist that only the residents of HOA's get to have their opinions counted, why is it that slightly less than half of HOA residents say they'd live in another HOA neighborhood?

I think you just like to look at stats that agree with you.

While many people living in HOA neighborhoods say they would prefer not to, more strongly or somewhat approve (58%) than disapprove (32%) of how the HOA in their neighborhood is governed. And more say they love or like living in a neighborhood with an HOA (54%) than say they hate or dislike it (34%).”

Hmm, more approve and more say they like it, no wonder you cannot get those votes passed. It also indicates that even your straight up vote would not pass many times.

Residential rules: How Americans view HOAs and their influence | YouGov

What we have is, many polls disagree, and the numbers need an analysis that is unbiased. Neither of us are that person. The difference between us is that I recognize that I am biased against HOA's and that is largely influenced with my experience living in an HOA and being on the board of one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom