• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    99% of people said they want to live on a ten thousand acre estate and in a house with 24 bedrooms, 32 baths, and 24 hour maid service.

in other news 57% of HOA members said it has made their lives easier where they really can afford to live…
    Yes life should be easier.

That's like the argument for mail in voting, online voting, early voting......

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I want to sell the mineral rights to my property, but the HOA says I can't.

See? They took my rights away.
    Nope, you willingly gave up those rights when you agreed to buy property with covenants in an HOA. If someone “took” your rights you would have owned them in the first place, but you didn’t, you never owned the mineral rights therefore there were no rights to have taken…

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Please explain how that is hypocritical?
    You seem to have no issue stripping the property rights of owners while demanding the rights of sellers be respected above all (since you find it to be in your favor anyway).

An owner of a home should have the right to lease that home out to one of their children, no? I mean, especially in this economy and given the fact that you already have restricted the rights of everyone in the neighborhood to some extent, now you felt the need to take it further and strip another right away from owners.

How is that not taking ownership rights from someone?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You seem to have no issue stripping the property rights of owners while demanding the rights of sellers be respected above all (since you find it to be in your favor anyway).

An owner of a home should have the right to lease that home out to one of their children, no? I mean, especially in this economy and given the fact that you already have restricted the rights of everyone in the neighborhood to some extent, now you felt the need to take it further and strip another right away from owners.

How is that not taking ownership rights from someone?
    If you never had a piece of bubblegum how can I take it away?

Buyer buys home in HOA with covenants, bylaws, and restrictions. One of those is that if a supermajority wants to make the covenants and restrictions more or less restrictive they can. The buyer has never had the right that the supermajority cannot make those changes because they never got those rights when they bought the property. So nothing is taken. Something was changed but no rights were stripped. There is a difference.

As for the rental issue, very few renters take care of property the way owners do. Then there is a big deal over the short term rental issue across the country. People and companies alike are buying houses to make them hotels, in residential neighborhoods. Big fight over this in Carmel is all over the news, so big both the HOA and city are involved, so it is not a small issue.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    99% of people said they want to live on a ten thousand acre estate and in a house with 24 bedrooms, 32 baths, and 24 hour maid service.

in other news 57% of HOA members said it has made their lives easier where they really can afford to live…
    And only 49% of them said they’d want to live in a HOA neighborhood again.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    By taking away his right to ever have bubble gum. Face it. You don’t like bubble gum and so, like Grinch stealing Christmas, you’re stealing Phylodog’s bubble gun in perpetuity.
    Precisely. He's gone on and on for over a week attempting to justify his desire to control the property of others for personal gain. First it was supposed to be ok because the law allows it, but the law allows mutilating the genitalia of minors with mental health issues so that's not really solid ground. Then we had surveys and stats to show us how overwhelmingly loved HOAs are and how INGO is just a bunch of ignorant hicks, until surveys and stats showing a different perspective were posted then all of a sudden surveys and stats became notoriously unreliable.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    By taking away his right to ever have bubble gum. Face it. You don’t like bubble gum and so, like Grinch stealing Christmas, you’re stealing Phylodog’s bubble gun in perpetuity.
    I keep hoping that eventually, Mike will begin to like bubble gum and his heart will grow 3 sizes that day.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Idunno. Once a gum grabber, always a gum grabber. :dunno:
    It's OK, him and the HOA know what's better for you than you do.
    After all, better to pay for an oil change instead of just doing it yourself like a commoner.
    Or worse, you stupidly picked the wrong color door.
    Thank goodness they'll make all your decisions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom