jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So now contracts are bad. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
    Why not just be honest about what people say. Someone makes a statement. And then you completely jack it out of shape and say something ridiculous.

I obviously didn’t say the concept of contracts are bad. I said the meaning of contracts, whether good or bad—which is up to the reader to decide, is useless without government. If you can’t enforce it, it’s scratchy toilet paper.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    There is absolutely no government involvement in a private HOA.
    Even that is not absolute.

It the HOA borders govt land then you have indicated support for Govt involvement.

Who know how many other exceptions there could be to absolutely?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You guys keep digging and digging, it’s getting hard to see you down in the hole. First taking landowner rights was freedom, now contracts are the heavy hand of evil government. :wow:! :lmfao: :wallbash: :blahblah:
    I think you forget why government was brought up. You’re the one who is pissed off because the government stepped in and said, no, you can’t prevent people from parking their trucks in their own driveways.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The law shouldn't need to make it illegal to sell land for a home without the right to park your truck on it. The problem is that the Karen's of the world have gotten away with it. Hell, most laws shouldn't need to exist, but they do.

I only popped back in to point out another of your fallacies. I'm not the one that made this claim.
    You are just distorting the truth of what was said. “There is absolutely no government involvement in a private HOA.” That is unequivocally true. Your stretch of the imagination that courts to enforce contracts is laughable.

Land ownership itself is not possible without government approving the deed and holding it for you to prove you even own your land. Should we do away with those laws? Should we do away with courts to settle contract disputes?

At the end of the day you are desperately trying to find validation for a fever dream but cannot get there without taking others rights so you can have your dream…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why not just be honest about what people say. Someone makes a statement. And then you completely jack it out of shape and say something ridiculous.

I obviously didn’t say the concept of contracts are bad. I said the meaning of contracts, whether good or bad—which is up to the reader to decide, is useless without government. If you can’t enforce it, it’s scratchy toilet paper.
    This is the point that started the government rabbit hole.
    This is the entire point of an HOA, to bring the weight and threat of the government into private property issues like parking. Otherwise there is no point to a contract whatsoever, they are all ultimately enforced by the government.
    With honest folks that follow their agreements, there is absolutely no “weight and threat of the government” involved at all, those of their word will follow through. It is a completely private matter. It is a distortion to say otherwise based on the availability of courts to settle contractual disputes. The courts are available for even disputes that don’t have a contract, like a neighbor doing something, so an HOA has no government involvement.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

With honest folks that follow their agreements, there is absolutely no “weight and threat of the government” involved at all, those of their word will follow through. It is a completely private matter. It is a distortion to say otherwise based on the availability of courts to settle contractual disputes. The courts are available for even disputes that don’t have a contract, like a neighbor doing something, so an HOA has no government involvement.
    Nonsense. If those wanting to control the property of others were't looking for the threat of government enforcement they would't demand people sign a contract. You want to portray it as some innocent agreement that most everyone wants and benefits from while ignoring the realities which show them for what they actually are.

At this point I could care less. I just find it entertaining to keep the debate going long enough to see what piece of garbage logic you'll try to apply next to justify your desire to control others.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are just distorting the truth of what was said. “There is absolutely no government involvement in a private HOA.” That is unequivocally true. Your stretch of the imagination that courts to enforce contracts is laughable.

Land ownership itself is not possible without government approving the deed and holding it for you to prove you even own your land. Should we do away with those laws? Should we do away with courts to settle contract disputes?

At the end of the day you are desperately trying to find validation for a fever dream but cannot get there without taking others rights so you can have your dream…

You really think it’s a stretch of the imagination that courts enforce contracts? :lmfao:

Okay. So you sell me some land and put it on the deed that I have to face mecca and pray 5 times a day. I think, well he’s giving me a good price for the land, I’ll buy it and then just tell him to **** off, because I’m not doing that. You know, because the courts/government don’t enforce contracts.

So after I get all settled in you see me mowing my grass instead of praying towards mecca. You stop and call me on it. I tell you nah. **** off. You say, but we had a deal. I tell you where and how far up that place to put your contract. Whatcha gonna do about it? Courts don’t enforce contracts in your world of lala land.

Okay. Now apply that to your claim that the government has nothing to do with contracts. Apply that to HOA’s. If it weren’t for government, no one would obey the HOA rules. No one would keep contract agreements.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t like government taking freedom away like some here do.
    Okay. Fine. I’m okay with government limiting contracts to what is reasonable. Should government limit your freedom to contract with a minor? Should the government limit your freedom to contract with someone who hS no practical choice, especially when you lobby to make those choice restrictions ubiquitous?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That’s a copout. If there is no enforcement, I guarantee nearly everyone in thst neighborhood is gonna tell the karens running the hoa to **** off about truck restrictions.

They can now anyway because the local government bitch-slapped the karens. It’s like you’re getting upset because the karens can’t harass homeowners with trucks

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nonsense. If those wanting to control the property of others were't looking for the threat of government enforcement they would't demand people sign a contract. You want to portray it as some innocent agreement that most everyone wants and benefits from while ignoring the realities which show them for what they actually are.

At this point I could care less. I just find it entertaining to keep the debate going long enough to see what piece of garbage logic you'll try to apply next to justify your desire to control others.
    If people were not liars they wouldn’t need contracts, a handshake would do it. But alas today many people are liars.

No one is “forced” no matter how many times you guys say it, it is not true. There are other choices. The fact that you guys don’t like the other choices is not reason enough to take landowners right away.

Forced definitions are;

forced​

adjective
    1. obtained or imposed by coercion or physical power

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If people were not liars they wouldn’t need contracts, a handshake would do it. But alas today many people are liars.

No one is “forced” no matter how many times you guys say it, it is not true. There are other choices. The fact that you guys don’t like the other choices is not reason enough to take landowners right away.

Forced definitions are;

forced​

adjective
    Doesn't change the fact that you chose to include falsehoods in your argument again. If you don't want people to call them out stop doing it.

If Karens didn't exist neither would HOAs. They suck and it appears most here agree on that. You've failed to change any opinions from what I can tell.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Government is a group of people ruling over people.

How are HOAs not "government"

Just another layer
    Federal
    State
    County
    Township
    City/town (local)
    And now... HOA
    Except, the HOA is a private government, but sanctioned by the public government. The HOA has no enforcement mechanism other than to use the legal system (government) against homeowners who don't comply.

So yes. For all practical purposes, HOA's act as a government.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Forced definitions are;

forced​

adjective
    :blahblah:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You really think it’s a stretch of the imagination that courts enforce contracts? :lmfao:

Okay. So you sell me some land and put it on the deed that I have to face mecca and pray 5 times a day. I think, well he’s giving me a good price for the land, I’ll buy it and then just tell him to **** off, because I’m not doing that. You know, because the courts/government don’t enforce contracts.

So after I get all settled in you see me mowing my grass instead of praying towards mecca. You stop and call me on it. I tell you nah. **** off. You say, but we had a deal. I tell you where and how far up that place to put your contract. Whatcha gonna do about it? Courts don’t enforce contracts in your world of lala land.
    Our entire society is based on courts to resolve disputes contractual or not. That has nothing to do with an HOA.

Okay. Now apply that to your claim that the government has nothing to do with contracts. Apply that to HOA’s. If it weren’t for government, no one would obey the HOA rules. No one would keep contract agreements.

Not everyone in the world is a liar as in your example. Why do you guys keep supporting liars?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom