Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is absolutely no government involvement in a private HOA. A private business agreement between consenting adults is not government. The only time government is involved is if there is a breech of the contract and one party has to sue the other to perform as they agreed to.

Why the need to redefine a private contract?
    That’s ridiculous. Contracts have no meaning, good or bad, without the power of government.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Should be obvious that I don’t care what you do, even if you’re my neighbor.
    Good. Then you don’t care if me and my neighbors have an HOA? You don’t care if I set up my land to have a HOA? You believe landowners should have the right to set deed restriction, covenants, and create HOA’s? Many here want to take those rights away from landowners.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Good. Then you don’t care if me and my neighbors have an HOA? You don’t care if I set up my land to have a HOA? You believe landowners should have the right to set deed restriction, covenants, and create HOA’s? Many here want to take those rights away from landowners.
    It makes me sad but it’s none of my business

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You guys keep digging and digging, it’s getting hard to see you down in the hole. First taking landowner rights was freedom, now contracts are the heavy hand of evil government. :wow:! :lmfao: :wallbash: :blahblah:
    Perspective my friend. We're likely at two ends of a tunnel.

If an HOA were genuinely an HOA then so be it but they are most definitely not. They're created unilaterally by lawyers for big companies and then handed to the homeowners. You know this, you want this, because you know that no group of homeowners would come together and actually properly agree on the restrictions that are handed down.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If an HOA were genuinely an HOA then so be it but they are most definitely not.
    So some landowners be damned, only certain landowners can create an HOA.

They're created unilaterally by lawyers for big companies and then handed to the homeowners.
    I doubt ANY HOA can be created without lawyers as it is a legal function. It is not ”handed” to homeowners they agree to it being a part of the deed when they buy and when the developer no longer owns a large percentage of lots it control I’d handed to homeowners.

You know this, you want this, because you know that no group of homeowners would come together and actually properly agree on the restrictions that are handed down.
    If the HOS’s are as unpopular as you suggest why is it so hard?

The point was that taking landowner rights is taking freedom, and they are saying contracts are the heavy hand of evil government.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Have you not said that the heavy had of government should make it illegal to sell land without the complete bundle of rights? How would you enforce that, oh yes, the courts. :lmfao::wallbash::lmfao:
    The law shouldn't need to make it illegal to sell land for a home without the right to park your truck on it. The problem is that the Karen's of the world have gotten away with it. Hell, most laws shouldn't need to exist, but they do.

I only popped back in to point out another of your fallacies. I'm not the one that made this claim.
    There is absolutely no government involvement in a private HOA.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom