• Status
    Not open for further replies.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I get it, but would still have the case looked at, you could get back pay and reinstatement if you win.
    Not really possible for reasons I won't get in to. Far from your typical job or organization, I was given a severance and walked away with no hard feelings towards my employer(s). They were lied to and were unable to see it, they fell for the same illusions as the majority of people in this country. Fear is mighty powerful and fear of death about as strong a motivator as there is for most people. I exchanged my anger for empathy a few years back as far as my personal situation is concerned but I don't expect that from others.

That same employer helped to save my life a year after I was terminated and was under zero obligation to do so. Strange waters have been waded through.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Yeah, that's been covered. You don't get to sue the government unless the let you. Makes perfect sense and is complete ******** but hey, that's the law so it must be moral, right?
    News to me. My involvement with .gov is as limited as possible and the only court involvement I've had is getting speeding tickets kicked.
    Exactly as I said. Yeah, it was in the paperwork that if you enlist you could be forced to take an experimental gene therapy treatment passed off as a vaccine in the middle of a media and government created "pandemic". It was spelled out very specifically like that. There were zero differences between taking a decades long established vaccine versus one brewed up in six weeks. Apples to apples there bud.
    Yep, exactly why I didn't take it. What they did was wrong, but I have no power to fix it aside from voting for Jim Banks who from an article I shared last night, is looking to right those wrongs.
    Your response reinforced my post. You'll allow any evil to thrive uncontested so long as it isn't affecting you. Go along to get along is the recommendation unless you're the one being ****ed over. Don't sweat it, you've got a lot more people on your side than I do.
    What evil?! HOAs aren't evil. We've covered that.

You're twisting this to now include covid and the jab.

My employer didn't force the jab, but somehow it's my fault others' employers did?
    You lost a private sector job or military job over the jab?
    Then why the F bring the military into this?!

As I've said, we were prepared to lose our jobs vs take the jab. We were pretty sure my wifes was out the window, but instead they made her and a few others wear a mask for months when they realized they couldn't afford to lose her.
    Not really possible for reasons I won't get in to. Far from your typical job or organization, I was given a severance and walked away with no hard feelings towards my employer(s). They were lied to and were unable to see it, they fell for the same illusions as the majority of people in this country. Fear is mighty powerful and fear of death about as strong a motivator as there is for most people. I exchanged my anger for empathy a few years back as far as my personal situation is concerned but I don't expect that from others.

That same employer helped to save my life a year after I was terminated and was under zero obligation to do so. Strange waters have been waded through.
    Sounds like you're in a good spot now then. Glad to hear.

I'm sure you are, but just be prepared for the next plandemic as I'm sure another one will happen before long.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    What evil?! HOAs aren't evil. We've covered that.
    That's debatable. Outside of shared amenities, I find it difficult to find virtue behind their intentions.

You're twisting this to now include covid and the jab.
    I was pointing out a common theme in your posts. You readily dismiss wrongs as long as they don't affect you. If you don't personally find a problem with something, then people should just deal with it because that's the way it is. The only legitimate complaints are those you agree with.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    That's debatable. Outside of shared amenities, I find it difficult to find virtue behind their intentions.
    Some find value in getting home to a clear street, not littered with cars, matching mailboxes, well maintained houses, lawns and trees. Yes, you can find that outside of HOA neighborhoods, but why prevent those that want to live there, from living there? Some don't want to see RVs and boats parked in front of or next to houses, and I'm OK with that. I paid the monthly storage charge for years (then even higher fees to leave her in the water). And now that I have land, I no longer have that toy!
    I was pointing out a common theme in your posts. You readily dismiss wrongs as long as they don't affect you. If you don't personally find a problem with something, then people should just deal with it because that's the way it is. The only legitimate complaints are those you agree with.
    Not that I don't care, I can't impact it. I was mistaken that this thread is about how it ought to be, not how it is, legally.

I prefer to live and discuss how it is, and figure out how to succeed in that realm.

If you have issues with your HOA - meet your neighbors and gain their alignment to get the covenants changed. If your stage of life has changed from when you moved in there, maybe move.

We left our HOA neighborhood not due to the neighborhood, but how quickly the town was growing and changing. Me getting pissed or taking a woe is me attitude wouldn't have done a damn thing...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I prefer to live and discuss how it is, and figure out how to succeed in that realm.

Me getting pissed or taking a woe is me attitude wouldn't have done a damn thing...
    That's your choice. Others choose to voice their opinions about things that need to change and some are motivated enough to do something about it. Sometimes these discussions result in people who were previously in one camp converting to another which is where I see the value in these lengthy discussions where we all say the same thing 1200 different ways.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Sure it is, and its my right to voice my opinion that it is pathetic.
    So you're saying you living in a HOA was pathetic? Or that those just starting out as a young married couple and choosing to live in a HOA neighborhood (for a myriad of reasons) is pathetic?

Interesting. To each their own, but I tend not to call the choices others make pathetic.

Glad we can agree to disagree.
    That's your choice. Others choose to voice their opinions about things that need to change and some are motivated enough to do something about it. Sometimes these discussions result in people who were previously in one camp converting to another which is where I see the value in these lengthy discussions where we all say the same thing 1200 different ways.
    WTF needs changed? Outlawing HOAs?

The process to change covenants is straightforward but I doubt you'll get landowners to agree on ending deed restrictions...

I'd wager to bet most in this thread don't even have a dog in this fight, as they don't live in a HOA neighborhood, but they sure as hell want to tell folks how to live. Quite ironic, if you ask me!

Has anyone's mind changed in over 1,500 posts? Doubtful. The haters still hate HOAs (and many want them banned), those who see value in them still want to allow people to live in them (if they freely choose to do so).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom