• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You yourself say he has to sell with all restrictions in place. The restrictions are part of "the complete bundle". Therefore he is compelled to sell "the complete bundle."
    Restrictions are not rights of the bundle, that may be the disconnect I am not understanding what you are getting at. The bundle has rights to land. The mineral rights, air rights, the right to raise hogs, the right not to have an HOA. If a seller did not get those rights, the seller cannot sell you what they do not own.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So if I sell my house with a deed restriction, it's essentially enforceable for a couple thousand years? How in the **** does that begin to make sense? Man, if someone wants to do something that lasts, build something or do something memorable. What a ****** legacy to leave.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So if I sell my house with a deed restriction, it's essentially enforceable for a couple thousand years? How in the **** does that begin to make sense? Man, if someone wants to do something that lasts, build something or do something memorable. What a ****** legacy to leave.
    How does restricting use leave a “legacy”?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Does the deed specify what is in "the bundle"?
    It usually uses a phrase such as this

“This conveyance is subject to all rights-of-way, easements, agreements, restrictions and limitations of record; and all real estate taxes due and payable after the date of this instrument.”

I got this from a Marion county deed. Your title searcher will give you all the details in your title policy and sellers should disclose them when the property is for sale to prospective buyers.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I've not been keeping up...I live in a house with an HOA. Am I getting kicked out of INGO??
    A few anti's on this thread will march over with pitchforks to save you from your racist HOA. They'll save you from having the freedom to choose to be in a HOA.
    What? He absolutely did. He bought the deed with the restrictions (part of the "complete bundle"). He now wants to sell it without them. Per Mike, he can't be forced to sell the "complete bundle", but clearly he can be forced to sell the "complete bundle".
    He did not. He never owned the items that were restricted in the deed restrictions, so how could he sell them?

If you buy a property and don't own the mineral rights, they were never yours to sell...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    No, we non-HOA people are more of a "live and let live" type. It's the HOA people that'll get ya. ;)
    I am missing a shutter. I've been expecting a letter for like 2 years.

I poured a concrete patio in the back without approval of the architectural committee. Only neighbor who can see it doesn't seem to care.

I may or may not have popped off some suppressed .22's the other day from the "illegally" poured patio. It was the 4th weekend, no one seemed to notice. Not a word on the "Karen complains" Facebook page. Lol

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It usually uses a phrase such as this

“This conveyance is subject to all rights-of-way, easements, agreements, restrictions and limitations of record; and all real estate taxes due and payable after the date of this instrument.”

I got this from a Marion county deed. Your title searcher will give you all the details in your title policy and sellers should disclose them when the property is for sale to prospective buyers.
    Sure sounds like a bundle to me.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I poured a concrete patio in the back without approval of the architectural committee. Only neighbor who can see it doesn't seem to care.

I may or may not have popped off some suppressed .22's the other day from the "illegally" poured patio. It was the 4th weekend, no one seemed to notice. Not a word on the "Karen complains" Facebook page. Lol

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He did not. He never owned the items that were restricted in the deed restrictions, so how could he sell them?

If you buy a property and don't own the mineral rights, they were never yours to sell...
    Again, you're talking about wanting to add things (mineral rights). I'm talking about taking things away (restrictions).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Now THAT sounds like the way a HOA should run. :thumbsup:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Again, you're talking about wanting to add things (mineral rights). I'm talking about taking things away (restrictions).
    OK. No hogs allowed or no fences.

Think that process was shared earlier, get the neighbors and a judge to sign off...

Put a 27' boat in your driveway, unhook it from your truck while you grab lunch. You'll get a letter LOL.

But the F'er with missing siding will skate on down the line...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom