• Status
    Not open for further replies.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    It is interesting you never mention specific limitations of an HOA you object to, just a constant whine about mythical karens that have some magical power. It would seem a man of so many words would not be at a loss to combat the Mrs Kravits of the neighborhood. Le’s ask a couple of specific questions.

Are you good with RV’s opinion half the drives, even if that drive is twenty feet from your house?

Are you good with a guy restoring cars or repairing vehicles, running compressors, welders, grinders, etc, again, twenty feet from your living room or bedroom?
    The only neighbors I have are my kid and her significant other. She sets half an acre away on a one acre lot. My house sets completely north on a 1.2 acre lot with me owning 2 acres of ag land behind.
    I think the nearest neighbor is 2.5 to3 acres away. Nothing i Do would significantly bother my neighbors. I have had graduation and wedding parties with pro sound live bands. My neighbors came over for drinks and music.

if my neighbor lived 20 feet from my house I would need an RV because it is not that I don’t like people I just like them better when they are not around.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    And you have every right to not agree and I am glad you have that choice. I hope you respect my values and are glad I have that choice and support the right of landowners to sell their property as they wish without restrictions on how they can sell it.
    You're free to any opinion you wish. I only take issue when you assert that your position is one of superior intelligence or morality. You regularly use derogatory terminology like confusion, don't understand, can't appreciate, etc. to position yourself above the rest of us simpletons who don't appreciate your version or perspective of a topic at hand.

You apparently believe ownership rights should extend to someone after they no longer own something. I believe that once I sell something, I no longer have any rights to it.

The alternative is that you believe like I do, that ownership means whomever had it before no longer gets a say in what happens to or with it but you find the compromise of giving up some of those rights to protect your financial investment, peace of mind, what have you acceptable. I do not.

That is a difference in values, end of story.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do you want to take my freedom away to have an organized neighborhood with an agreement as to how we will live in the neighborhood? Is that not a freedom too?

You don't really have a right to a collective outcome. This shows me you don't actually understand individualism. Of course, I'll grant that maybe you just didn't express yourself well. You're free to restate your position in a way that doesn't sound like you want the right to take away other people's rights. And then when you do that we can properly parse whatever that may mean to you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is interesting you never mention specific limitations of an HOA you object to, just a constant whine about mythical karens that have some magical power. It would seem a man of so many words would not be at a loss to combat the Mrs Kravits of the neighborhood. Le’s ask a couple of specific questions.

Are you good with RV’s opinion half the drives, even if that drive is twenty feet from your house?
    Well, I'm just going to redirect you to the first amendment here. However, I suspect that an RV's opinions are not protected by the constitution. But sure. Let the RV voice its opinion.
    :):

To quote President Trump, I really don't know what [you] said.

Are you good with a guy restoring cars or repairing vehicles, running compressors, welders, grinders, etc, again, twenty feet from your living room or bedroom?

Let's say there were no HOA's. I'll use your own argument. You chose to live next to someone whose driveway is twenty feet from your living room, or bedroom. You should just live with your choices. Right?

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I am not the one that does not understand the differing perspective, it is you that cannot look beyond his own bias and desires to see what others may want. Then you rail about taking the freedoms of others.

I understand individualism, the desire to have full control of one’s own land. It actually is my natural inclination. I want that when I get five acres or more . Can you understand why I want to trade some freedoms in neighborhoods with close proximity?

I do not want to live in a tight neighborhood where many of the houses have RV’s and boats in the drive and yard. I don’t want to live on a small neighborhood lot where people restore cars in the driveway. I don’t want to live in a neighborhood where the actions of others can decrease my property value or my peaceful enjoyment of my property. Can you understand that without name calling and saying I’m taking someone’s freedom?
    You don't understand the difference of perspective, that's why this thread is so long. You absolutely refuse to listen to any other's perspectives. You've name called plenty of people and tried bullying too, so stop playing the victim when it gets turned on you.
    You are trying to take freedoms, and I honestly hope that the rules you want on others be used against you.
    Don't want people restoring cars, hope you enjoy cutting the grass by hand because lawnmowers are too loud for your neighbors. Hope you get fined and a house lien too because the finest for everything are turned against you. I hope every HOA nightmare story posted on here happens to you and when you cry, everyone on the planet reminds you that you voted for it. I hope your HOA goes anti gun and the police seize your property because you wanted your HOA.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    You don't understand the difference of perspective, that's why this thread is so long. You absolutely refuse to listen to any other's perspectives. You've name called plenty of people and tried bullying too, so stop playing the victim when it gets turned on you.
    You are trying to take freedoms, and I honestly hope that the rules you want on others be used against you.
    Don't want people restoring cars, hope you enjoy cutting the grass by hand because lawnmowers are too loud for your neighbors. Hope you get fined and a house lien too because the finest for everything are turned against you. I hope every HOA nightmare story posted on here happens to you and when you cry, everyone on the planet reminds you that you voted for it. I hope your HOA goes anti gun and the police seize your property because you wanted your HOA.
    :wow::chillpill:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But I’m being denied to buy the home without strings. To enjoy that home, I’m being forced to take the hoa with it.
    The seller does not have that right to sell that which they did not buy. Therefore they can only sell that which they own. You can choose to buy what the seller owns, a home with an HOA, or not buy it, no one is forcing ANYTHING.

That is the crux of the disagreement here.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So what you're saying is, someone is restricting that owner from selling it the way they see fit... interesting.
    The owner can only sell what they own. You may wish they owned the lot next door, but if they don’t they cannot sell it to you. There are ONLY TWO OPTIONS here, an owner cannot sell as they wish or subsequent owners cannot sell as they wish. Which one are you taking freedom from? The second owner bought the property with the restrictions they can only sell with restrictions…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The only neighbors I have are my kid and her significant other. She sets half an acre away on a one acre lot. My house sets completely north on a 1.2 acre lot with me owning 2 acres of ag land behind.
    I think the nearest neighbor is 2.5 to3 acres away. Nothing i Do would significantly bother my neighbors. I have had graduation and wedding parties with pro sound live bands. My neighbors came over for drinks and music.

if my neighbor lived 20 feet from my house I would need an RV because it is not that I don’t like people I just like them better when they are not around.
    So you clearly do not an HOA, in my opinion…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The seller does not have that right to sell that which they did not buy. Therefore they can only sell that which they own. You can choose to buy what the seller owns, a home with an HOA, or not buy it, no one is forcing ANYTHING.

That is the crux of the disagreement here.
    If there were no HOA's, no one is forcing you to buy a home next to this guy:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because they do, that is the law. Change it if you don’t like it.
    He said "should". So obviously not making an is statement. So you've been trying to argue that rights do extend after someone sells their land, and that it should. But you really haven't made the case for why, nor have you admitted that there should be practical limits to that.

You might argue, what about the guy who puts up a big chunk of land for sale, but doesn't want a pig farm there because he would have to live near it. Well, why can't I say, he shouldn't have sold it if he doesn't want a pig farm there. You want to use the hobson's choice to justify your HOA. Well, it goes both ways.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There are ONLY TWO OPTIONS here, an owner cannot sell as they wish or subsequent owners cannot sell as they wish.
    I can sell as I wish. Now whatcha got? That wasn't really the point though. You've repeatedly said that people that are against HOAs are wanting to take away the freedom of someone selling their property how they wish. Yet you are asserting that the HOA can take away the freedom of how someone sells their property. You don't see the contradiction?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Apparently some do not buy homes with covenants they can live with, I did. As I said before, and this post proves it you are a troll.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Clearly you cannot understand a different points of view and respond without name calling.
    Apparently some do not buy homes with covenants they can live with, I did. As I said before, and this post proves it you are a troll.
    Well Mike, I'm not so sure repeter1977 is the Troll in this thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom