Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Where did I make a comment about "legal concept" or "hard to understand".
    My comment was to try to keep the insults down.

Also.
    I did not quote you, or direct it to you.
    It is a general statement.

To EVERYONE throwing around "troll".
    I posted a definition of troll. I don't really see anyone "trolling" in this thread on either side.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly correct, have I not made it clear that I personally do not want covenants and deed restrictions on land I buy? I only want it in small lot subdivisions.
    So you don't want restrictions for yourself. Aren't you dragging down other people's property values?

You just want people who buy small lots to be restricted. Do they get a choice?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So I was in the ambivalent camp for HOAs when we bought our house, but good luck finding a new house not in an HOA subdivision now a days.

Our next door neighbor has had a revolving stream of cars at his house since we moved in last December. I honestly thought it was a dealer house TBH (and a ballsy one at that given the location .5 miles from the cop shop).

I do some googling over the weekend and turns out this ******* is running his house like a mini hotel and has each one of the rooms in his house for rent and has had them for rent since closing.

Idk about any of you but I am not living next to a freaking transient hotel, the HOA is putting a lien on this assholes house and he is being booted from the community. Yes our covenant explicitly prohibits rentals like air bnbs

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    So I was in the ambivalent camp for HOAs when we bought our house, but good luck finding a new house not in an HOA subdivision now a days.

Our next door neighbor has had a revolving stream of cars at his house since we moved in last December. I honestly thought it was a dealer house TBH (and a ballsy one at that given the location .5 miles from the cop shop).

I do some googling over the weekend and turns out this ******* is running his house like a mini hotel and has each one of the rooms in his house for rent and has had them for rent since closing.

Idk about any of you but I am not living next to a freaking transient hotel, the HOA is putting a lien on this assholes house and he is being booted from the community. Yes our covenant explicitly prohibits rentals like air bnbs
    Damn, didn't you build that house?!

In before the haters say you should just deal with having that as a neighbor, HOAs are bad, mmmkay. HOAs are bad...

Glad it sounds like it's working out in your favor and hope the new neighbors are better...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    People disagree with your opinion. That doesn't make them stupid. Do you understand that?
    They are actually disagreeing with the law that allows landowners to sell land as the landowner wishes. It is more like tilting at windmills because they will not work to change the law to what they want they just want to complain…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Glad you have a good way to deal with this frap without just being on your own…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They are actually disagreeing with the law that allows landowners to sell land as the landowner wishes. It is more like tilting at windmills because they will not work to change the law to what they want they just want to complain…
    Here's the thing about opinions. They're based on ought, not is. You keep harping on the right of the land owners to take the rights away from other land owners. The whole thing about rights is they sometimes collide, and you have people on both sides wanting the government to decide that their right should prevail. It's a copout to leave it to the naysayers to change the law since it's what you want. And the law being what you want doesn't mean the law is correct. It just means it is what it is. But the copout part is it being unlikely for that law to change. Like most others, people are just apathetic.

Given the polling, there are more people who think my way about it than thing your way about it. Yet the law is what it is.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    The top post is trolling behavior in my opinion. Because I don’t want certain activities in my neighborhood and want to live with others that have the same values a pox on my house. Got it
    Disagreement isn't trolling. Sorry you haven't figured that out. Wishing things that you don't believe happened to others happens to you isn't trolling either.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You keep harping on the right of the land owners to take the rights away from other land owners.
    Do you even read before you post?

They are actually disagreeing with the law that allows landowners to sell land as the landowner wishes.
    Who is taking ANYTHING. Nobody! The landowner has the right to sell whatever rights they wish to sell and no one has the right to tell them what they have to sell. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything either, it is fully the buyers choice what to buy.

It is a lie to say anyone is forced to buy anything.

It is a lie to say a landowner is in any way doing anything “take the rights away from other land owners”.

Why are you pushing lies?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Don't want people restoring cars, hope you enjoy cutting the grass by hand because lawnmowers are too loud for your neighbors. Hope you get fined and a house lien too because the finest for everything are turned against you. I hope every HOA nightmare story posted on here happens to you and when you cry, everyone on the planet reminds you that you voted for it. I hope your HOA goes anti gun and the police seize your property because you wanted your HOA.
    Disagreement isn't trolling. Sorry you haven't figured that out. Wishing things that you don't believe happened to others happens to you isn't trolling either.
    The top post is not disagreement, it is a personal attack but I’m not the type to report others that lack the skills to navigate a forum, but I will call them out as to what they are.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    The top post is not disagreement, it is a personal attack but I’m not the type to report others that lack the skills to navigate a forum, but I will call them out as to what they are.
    As opposed to your actual personal attacks? Yes, on here alone you've personally attacked others including me.
    Again, mine wasn't trolling. Sorry but it's not.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Do you have anything on the topic besides feelz?
    Already have been, not surprising you ignore it though. Besides, the only one using feelings over facts is you. Facts against the HOA don't care about your feelings which is why you've been ignoring it, pretending it didn't happen like that despite articles, videos and personal accounts. See, you are still trolling.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Already have been, not surprising you ignore it though. Besides, the only one using feelings over facts is you. Facts against the HOA don't care about your feelings which is why you've been ignoring it, pretending it didn't happen like that despite articles, videos and personal accounts. See, you are still trolling.
    What facts you got? You are in the dream world group that wants to take landowners rights…

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    What facts you got? You are in the dream world group that wants to take landowners rights…

Besides, HOAs take rights, not the other way around. Repeating lies don't make them true.

Plenty more HOA horror stories

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Besides, HOAs take rights, not the other way around. Repeating lies don't make them true.

Plenty more HOA horror stories
    HOA’s can certainly exceed the covenants they are created by because some people are bad. But HOA’s cannot take rights away without exceeding the covenants they are created by legally. No one is forced to join an HOA, they do it voluntarily.

It was already pointed out the article headline and story are refuted by the attorneys quoted in the latter paragraphs. This is using anti-gunner tactics of trying to paint the broad group that operates efficiently for what the bad apples do.

Can you find a story about a rogue HOA in Indiana?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom