• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I believe because the only two people who love them some HOAs won't take **** no for an answer
    Is it because the ANTIs want them gone, which is the antithesis of freedom?

So much for not giving two ****s what your neighbor down the street is doing, unless that guy wants to join a HOA. Then it's F no, he can't do that!

Good to know all but a handful of folks in this thread will never buy a retirement condo in Florida...

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    It is nicknamed a condo but single family attached.
    That's not bad. My mom was paying about $300/mo at hers (similar - condo/4 single family attached homes with garages per unit).

It was great for her, no maintenance or upkeep required. But she sold it and now I'm the guy that gets the call to handle exterior stuff...

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

So much for not giving two ****s what your neighbor down the street is doing, unless that guy wants to join a HOA. Then it's F no, he can't do that!

Good to know all but a handful of folks in this thread will never buy a retirement condo in Florida...
    No one cares if YOU want to be in an HOA, it's forcing others to. It's been said it here countless times.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Nope. If I retire before my time is up I might move to a more retirement friendly state than the US. No condos no HOA’s, definitely no Florida.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No one cares if YOU want to be in an HOA, it's forcing others to. It's been said it here countless times.
    And just who forces others? I’m sure you will blame the free market, private landowners, and private developers, just like others here have, as you say, countless times. No matter how many times you and they say it, it still is not true.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Nope. If I retire before my time is up I might move to a more retirement friendly state than the US. No condos no HOA’s, definitely no Florida.
    It's good you have that choice, however I didn't mean moving.

I could easily see us having a getaway place down south, which is much easier to manage if it's a condo or HOA type place.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Naaa, they will stay at a hotel where someone else controls EVERYTHING. :lmfao::wallbash::lmfao:
    Why would "they" do that? I may just move back to Missippi. They were pretty retirement friendly back then. Before I made such a decision I would make sure tho. Plenty of cheap land to buy and build on. I'd rather die in the sticks than live any amount of time in a condo. But you do you.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Why would "they" do that? I may just move back to Missippi. They were pretty retirement friendly back then. Before I made such a decision I would make sure tho. Plenty of cheap land to buy and build on. I'd rather die in the sticks than live any amount of time in a condo. But you do you.
    No HOA's on Sardus Lake Dr.

1000000457.jpg

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Says the guy who was on the HOA board LOL.

Who said live there full time? Plenty of my folks in my circle have second/winter places in Florida. Go down for a bit in the winter, fall, or spring, then come back home.

I did the second/vacation home thing for a bit, until stars aligned and we decided to move there. Taking care of two properties gets tiring, but having someone else take care of the exterior/lawn at one of the homes sounds fantastic...

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A big consideration many overlook is healthcare. Central Indiana has excellent healthcare the sticks of Mississippi may not…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Says the guy who was on the HOA board LOL.
    Did you miss the purpose of my stint on the board? I was the party of 'NO'.

Who said live there full time? Plenty of my folks in my circle have second/winter places in Florida. Go down for a bit in the winter, fall, or spring, then come back home.
    Not my style.
    I did the second/vacation home thing for a bit, until stars aligned and we decided to move there. Taking care of two properties gets tiring, but having someone else take care of the exterior/lawn at one of the homes sounds fantastic...
    Like I said, you do you.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Oh **** healthcare. We don't have healthcare in this country, we have organized wealth extraction.
    My birth moms family has been in rural Mississippi for a few hundred years now, I've never heard any of them complain about not having good healthcare.
    Lower middle class and the poors have some of the best healthcare in America.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh **** healthcare. We don't have healthcare in this country, we have organized wealth extraction.
    I can see people say that BS until they have cancer or other major health issues and the competent doctors are 100 miles away and true experts are 500 miles away. And if you folks are not evaluating doctors with more scrutiny than your Harley mechanic you need to reevaluate priorities…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I can see people say that BS until they have cancer or other major health issues and the competent doctors are 100 miles away and true experts are 500 miles away. And if you folks are not evaluating doctors with more scrutiny than your Harley mechanic you need to reevaluate priorities…
    Well, Indiana is number 41 on the best hospitals in the usa, if I catch the cancer, I'm heading to DelMarVa for healthcare.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/health-care

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    INGO is very lucky to have the breadth of the knowledge you share here…
    A big consideration many overlook is healthcare. Central Indiana has excellent healthcare the sticks of Mississippi may not…
    You should have asked for some of it years ago, I would have pointed you to get a one of those good Trade Union Jobs that are out there.

Reading is Fundamental....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom