• Status
    Not open for further replies.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I can see people say that BS until they have cancer or other major health issues and the competent doctors are 100 miles away and true experts are 500 miles away. And if you folks are not evaluating doctors with more scrutiny than your Harley mechanic you need to reevaluate priorities…
    Not everyone fears death. Not everyone chooses to go into debt hundreds of thousands of dollars so they can cling to their materialist existence for a few extra miserable weeks or months.

As with the HOA issue however, I wouldn't expect you to understand a differing perspective. I won't even bother trying to convince you that your perspective doesn't make you smarter than everyone who doesn't share it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not everyone fears death. Not everyone chooses to go into debt hundreds of thousands of dollars so they can cling to their materialist existence for a few extra miserable weeks or months.
    I don’t fear death, I know where I am going. But if you think there are not big variables in healthcare in different areas you need to look deeper. Although our healthcare is likely to get worse in some parts of it, particularly long wait times, the technological improvements are simply amazing.

A Viet Nam vet friend that volunteers to counsel vets with the serious health issue he went through said he would not need a transplant today like he did 25 years ago.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As with the HOA issue however, I wouldn't expect you to understand a differing perspective. I won't even bother trying to convince you that your perspective doesn't make you smarter than everyone who doesn't share it.
    I am not the one that does not understand the differing perspective, it is you that cannot look beyond his own bias and desires to see what others may want. Then you rail about taking the freedoms of others.

I understand individualism, the desire to have full control of one’s own land. It actually is my natural inclination. I want that when I get five acres or more . Can you understand why I want to trade some freedoms in neighborhoods with close proximity?

I do not want to live in a tight neighborhood where many of the houses have RV’s and boats in the drive and yard. I don’t want to live on a small neighborhood lot where people restore cars in the driveway. I don’t want to live in a neighborhood where the actions of others can decrease my property value or my peaceful enjoyment of my property. Can you understand that without name calling and saying I’m taking someone’s freedom?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can see people say that BS until they have cancer or other major health issues and the competent doctors are 100 miles away and true experts are 500 miles away. And if you folks are not evaluating doctors with more scrutiny than your Harley mechanic you need to reevaluate priorities…
    :rolleyes:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am not the one that does not understand the differing perspective, it is you that cannot look beyond his own bias and desires to see what others may want. Then you rail about taking the freedoms of others.

I understand individualism, the desire to have full control of one’s own land. It actually is my natural inclination. I want that when I get five acres or more . Can you understand why I want to trade some freedoms in neighborhoods with close proximity?

I do not want to live in a tight neighborhood where many of the houses have RV’s and boats in the drive and yard. I don’t want to live on a small neighborhood lot where people restore cars in the driveway. I don’t want to live in a neighborhood where the actions of others can decrease my property value or my peaceful enjoyment of my property. Can you understand that without name calling and saying I’m taking someone’s freedom?

Said another way that's just as accurate as the way you said it, you want the right to restrict other people's rights.

I don't think you're any more likely to convince people that have a stronger sense of individualism than you to go along with it. So, you do you. Collect yourself with all the karens and live in bliss. But I think it's fair for suburban municipalities to restrict what power karens have on HOA boards.

If I were GPOTUS, I would be a benevolent dicktater, and allow you to have your HOA fifedom, but HOA's would only be allowed in the desert, and with strict parental supervision to ensure no karens oppress residents.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t fear death, I know where I am going.

Confidence in an outcome has no real bearing on the outcome. It either happens the way we expect or it doesn't. We can put all our beliefs in one hand, and **** in the other, and see which one fills up first. But, you might be right. :dunno: If I'm right we'll never know it. When you're dead, might as well be a bug splat on the windshield. If you're right we know.

:):

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Said another way that's just as accurate as the way you said it, you want the right to restrict other people's rights.

I don't think you're any more likely to convince people that have a stronger sense of individualism than you to go along with it. So, you do you. Collect yourself with all the karens and live in bliss. But I think it's fair for suburban municipalities to restrict what power karens have on HOA boards.

If I were GPOTUS, I would be a benevolent dicktater, and allow you to have your HOA fifedom, but HOA's would only be allowed in the desert, and with strict parental supervision to ensure no karens oppress residents.
    Clearly you cannot understand a different points of view and respond without name calling.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Clearly you cannot understand a different points of view and respond without name calling.
    Oh. I do "understand a different points of view." The way I said it is just as accurate as the way you said it.

Not all people who want to be in an HOA are karens. People have expressed that their boards don't have karens, and they're fair about things. But, karens are attracted to positions of authority like flies on ****. I think municipalities should restrict HOA's authority so that they can cause no harm.

That's just a difference of opinion between us. But you act like if I disagree with you, it can only be that I must not understand something that you do. However, our real issue is that we just don't agree.

So I'll stick to planning my actions when I ascend to GPOTUS. I'll outlaw HOA's throughout my kingdom, but for your sake, I'll create an HOA zone in the desert. Hey. You want an HOA. Take it or leave it.

I'm gonna decree one more thing. I'm gonna ban karens too. If someone is convicted of being a karen, upon first offense he will sentenced to groveling before the entire neighborhood in attendence, through the most popular easement in the neighborhood for ******** their dogs and not cleaning it up.

Second offence she will be forced to squat at the exaust port of the loudest car/motorcycle in the neighborhood as the owner revs the engine.

Third offense, will be deemed a chronic karen. All chronic karens, male or female, zhers and zhims, will be sent to live in Los Angeles California to live in a community made up only of karens.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I understand just fine, I just don’t agree. As I’ve mentioned, it’s a difference in values and not a difference in intelligence or understanding. I don’t dislike HOAs out of ignorance, I dislike them out of principle.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh. I do "understand a different points of view." The way I said it is just as accurate as the way you said it.

Not all people who want to be in an HOA are karens. People have expressed that their boards don't have karens, and they're fair about things. But, karens are attracted to positions of authority like flies on ****. I think municipalities should restrict HOA's authority so that they can cause no harm.

That's just a difference of opinion between us. But you act like if I disagree with you, it can only be that I must not understand something that you do. However, our real issue is that we just don't agree.

So I'll stick to planning my actions when I ascend to GPOTUS. I'll outlaw HOA's throughout my kingdom, but for your sake, I'll create an HOA zone in the desert. Hey. You want an HOA. Take it or leave it.

I'm gonna decree one more thing. I'm gonna ban karens too. If someone is convicted of being a karen, upon first offense he will sentenced to groveling before the entire neighborhood in attendence, through the dog **** in the most popular dog run in the neighborhood.

Second offence she will be forced to squat at the exaust port of the loudest car/motorcycle in the neighborhood as the owner revs the engine.

Third offense, will be deemed a chronic karen. All chronic karens, male or female, zhers and zhims, will be sent to live in Los Angeles California to live in a community made up only of karens.
    It is interesting you never mention specific limitations of an HOA you object to, just a constant whine about mythical karens that have some magical power. It would seem a man of so many words would not be at a loss to combat the Mrs Kravits of the neighborhood. Le’s ask a couple of specific questions.

Are you good with RV’s opinion half the drives, even if that drive is twenty feet from your house?

Are you good with a guy restoring cars or repairing vehicles, running compressors, welders, grinders, etc, again, twenty feet from your living room or bedroom?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I understand just fine, I just don’t agree. As I’ve mentioned, it’s a difference in values and not a difference in intelligence or understanding. I don’t dislike HOAs out of ignorance, I dislike them out of principle.
    And you have every right to not agree and I am glad you have that choice. I hope you respect my values and are glad I have that choice and support the right of landowners to sell their property as they wish without restrictions on how they can sell it.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    And just who forces others? I’m sure you will blame the free market, private landowners, and private developers, just like others here have, as you say, countless times. No matter how many times you and they say it, it still is not true.
    I have a beautiful home picked out. I’m forced to join the hoa to buy the home…. They have no option to allow me to buy that home and not be in or subject to hoa rules.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have a beautiful home picked out. I’m forced to join the hoa to buy the home…. They have no option to allow me to buy that home and not be in or subject to hoa rules.
    The seller can only sell just what they own, they bought the home without the right not to have an HOA, a seller cannot sell something they do not have, so while disappointing to you that seller does not have that right and no one is forcing you to buy anything.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The seller can only sell just what they own, they bought the home without the right not to have an HOA, a seller cannot sell something they do not have, so while disappointing to you that seller does not have that right and no one is forcing you to buy anything.
    But I’m being denied to buy the home without strings. To enjoy that home, I’m being forced to take the hoa with it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So what you're saying is, someone is restricting that owner from selling it the way they see fit... interesting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom