Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Where did this thread become about the racist HOA? Racism is bad, doesn't have to be just a racist HOA. Nothing racist about a HOA provided amenity either..

Nothing racist about the HOA I was a part of...seems like you're taking the exception and making it the rule...
    My post was why people didn't like an HOA, and then showed a racist HOA saying that might be why.
    I seriously can't barney this down anymore for you. This thread is why people don't like HOAs, and I posted an article about why.
    So, this thread is about why people don't like an HOA and showing there are some racist ones is probably one reason.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    My post was why people didn't like an HOA, and then showed a racist HOA saying that might be why.
    I seriously can't barney this down anymore for you. This thread is why people don't like HOAs, and I posted an article about why.
    So, this thread is about why people don't like an HOA and showing there are some racist ones is probably one reason.
    I see. It wasn't just a response to my post. Got it.

I'll go ahead and see myself out of this anti HOA circle jerk, since I had no major issues when I lived in one and no longer reside in a HOA. Seems kinda odd to me, since I'm sure if you're anti HOA you do not currently live in one.

:ingo:

Remind me not to click on threads started by @Ingomike...

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I have been chuckling about the HOA Skits on YouTube. The guy constantly berating the resident, getting stuff sprayed on him, making threats on the ring camera, showing up with numerous homies and legal backup to try to enforce the RULES.
    What a knucklehead! HOAs are a bunch to deal with too.
    I worked Security for a couple HOA Subdivision and they can be total D-baxx.
    Good luck if it works for you. Never needed their kind in my basic neighborhood.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No. That's not an answer troll. If you knew the answers, why would you ask the question? Why wouldn't your post be "The virtue of HOAs". If you did that the discussion would be going entirely different, but then you wouldn't be trolling.
    So, your answer is trolling. Got it. Then don't be mad you got what you wanted.
    I think I explained the purpose a few pages ago. Mike posted the thread because he wanted to lecture the people who don't like HOA's.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I can see the “private government” part, BUT, they are agreed upon by all parties so thus contractual. And I dispute the point they are more hated than loved because there just is no evidence to back that up other than those on INGO do not seem to have the temperament to participate in them…
    bull**** Mike, I posted research by Pew a few pages ago and in the survey a majority of people who were already in an HOA hated it

I'd look up what post number it was if I actually gave a ****

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's a sentiment. No one has to say it. You've indirectly expressed the sentiment in this and other threads.

A hobson's choice isn't a choice. If you cannot understand that it's not as simple as you try to make it, isn't that beyond discussing?

That's a superficial argument. You've defined extremes to make it an overly simplistic binary.

That's irrelevant to the question of why people hate HOA's. If you sign up for something thinking it'll be fine, but then it turns out not so fine, is it inconsistent to not like what you signed?

Again. Why do more people not like HOA's than like them? Do they just not have a reason? Or did you arbitrarily invalidated all the reasons so that you can be right? It's like with the bicycle thread, and the property tax thread. you think you're right, so you don't listen to why people hate that stuff. You just invalidate it out of hand.

People hate cyclists for a reason. And maybe they take their hatred of the behavior they see too far and apply it too broadly. But you just dismiss it out of hand.

People hate property taxes for a reason. Maybe they don't understand all the details. But they notice that they're getting ****ed, and that it's an unfair tax. But you dismiss their struggles out of hand, and one proponent blamed the poor for their problems because they're not rich.

People hate HOA's for a reason. Maybe they don't understand all the reasons for the existance of HOA's, but you dismiss the reasons they hate them out of hand.

You have no solutions for legitimate complaints about all these topics. But you like the things you like. So you assume everyone else must not like these things because they're stupid. Start listening. Maybe you could actually help people with your vast understanding of these overbearing systems.
    You left out midnight golf/DST - or is it because you're pro-DST that you'll let that one slide?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Agreed. A good HOA does no harm. if the only duties were to collect dues to pay for neighborhood upkeep and they didn't have the authority to harrass people fewer people would hate them. It's not the case that a majority of people would rather not live in HOA's for no good reason. It isn't because they just don't understand. Some cyclists earned universal hate. Some property tax policies earned universal hate. Some HOA's earned universal hate.
    It's worse than that, FireCat is lecturing us about how careful he is to do due diligence yada yada, but he doesn't address the issue that the restrictions he knows about at the time of purchase can change later and become more onerous to him - and the only due diligence that will compensate for that is to be able to predict the future

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We'll agree to disagree. I prefer first hand experience vs random online articles, which you know are never biased...
    Then why is it so difficult to accept that other people have had 'first hand experience' that is at variance with your own. In that case, your default deflection seems to be that you are somehow smarter at making deals which is why you had no problems - couldn't possibly that you agreed with the Karens

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I actually did in San Antonio. I lived on a small rectangle of streets that were in the middle of a huge HOA, but not part of it officially. We could opt in, but I think it really only included the use of their pool basically. I never did.
    If pools are so important to people, why not just buy a house that has one? That would certainly be a private pool

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You didn't explicitly say it, but it seems implied as you have been telling us how HOAs add value. I was challenging the notion that the HOA is adding the value and not some other variable.
    I suspect if HOAs were less universal, and people had equivalent choices for one or the other, the non-HOA houses would likely sell faster

Not sure why peeps are so militantly in favor of something that exists solely to benefit the developer rather than them

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom