Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    This thread is a slow moving train wreck.

What questions? When did I ever stand for racism?
    You can't even comprehend your own topic so you should probably stop there until you are willing to answer.

Why ask a question you don't want the answer to?

Answer that and I'll answer your question, yet again because the stories and videos posted previously were too hard for you.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    This thread is a slow moving train wreck.

What questions? When did I ever stand for racism?

Wait. Let me see if I got this right.

We're discussing HOA pools, ponds, tennis courts. Maintained by residents funds of a specific subdivision and only for that subdivision residents. While your discussing PUBLIC, taxpayer funded parks, etc.

You then post an article that has nothing to do with the topic at hand (just that it's about a HOA).

Help me understand where in this it discusses that a subdivision pool, tennis courts, or ponds maintained by HOA funds are public, not private property?

Here's an except from the legal filing...

Screenshot_20240624_214449_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

No where in the legal filing do I see a pool, park, walking trail, tennis court, pond, etc.

No where in our discussion was race discussed. So please, help me understand...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We're discussing HOA pools, ponds, tennis courts. Maintained by residents funds of a specific subdivision and only for that subdivision residents. While your discussing PUBLIC, taxpayer funded parks, etc.
    At no point, save for a couple of specific posts, has this thread been exclusively about HOAs covering pools, tennis courts, walk paths, etc.. HOAs are not restricted to those subdivisions and many exist without any amenities.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Back on #568 I answered your question. I will repost it.

I knew the answers from previous hijacks of threads but put all this in one place.

Have you got your answer troll?
    No. That's not an answer troll. If you knew the answers, why would you ask the question? Why wouldn't your post be "The virtue of HOAs". If you did that the discussion would be going entirely different, but then you wouldn't be trolling.
    So, your answer is trolling. Got it. Then don't be mad you got what you wanted.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    At no point, save for a couple of specific posts, has this thread been exclusively about HOAs covering pools, tennis courts, walk paths, etc..
    Have you seen my specific back and forth last night? That was about that specifically.

I'm still waiting for how it's racist for private property to be restricted for residents only...

Careful @phylodog, if you don't open your nice rural place up for public hunting, your bound to get called a racist as well...

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You certainly do not value personal freedom, and even the constitutional value of freedom of association if you are still saying property owners should not be able to pick and choose what property rights they wish to sell and which to retain and place restrictions on the use of their property. No one is forced to agree to any of those they can buy another property.
    You keep saying it. Doesn't make it any less a copout than the last time.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Apparently you missed where @phylodog was in support of HOAs that provide amenities (just that part of the HOAs, not the restrictive covenants, which I can understand)...
    Nope, caught that. Laughing because you still didn't comprehend the article I posted and why, then use it in a completely unrelated context acting like you won a point. My point was people were upset about a racist HOA.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's kinda irrelevant to the discussion of HOA's. Developers buying land, subdividing it, and attaching HOA requirements to the deeds isn't the same thing.
    It isn’t? They are using somewhat similar legal procedures retain rights to the property the new owner does not have as I see it. It also began by some saying that only sales that all property rights transferred to the new owner should be allowed. I was giving examples of other ways that property can be sold to a new owner while the previous owner still has rights.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    So you can't answer the literal topic of the thread? That makes everyone in here the troll? Nope. You got it backwards troll. Thanks for proving us all right.
    Hahaha hahaha.

Why Do So Many On INGO Hate HOA's?

I couldn't tell you. I'm for giving people a choice to join a HOA if they so chose, isn't that why so many gave their lives in defense of this nation - so we have the freedom to make choices like that (and others).

Don't want to live in a HOA community then don't, simple as that. It's a long, drawn out, expensive process to buy a house, HOA or not should be no surprise...
    My point was people were upset about a racist HOA.
    Why the F do I care if people are upset about a racist HOA? How does that have anything to do with our discussion besides it being a HOA? Might of well said the sky is blue...
    It isn’t? They are using somewhat similar legal procedures retain rights to the property the new owner does not have as I see it. It also began by some saying that only sales that all property rights transferred to the new owner should be allowed. I was giving examples of other ways that property can be sold to a new owner while the previous owner still has rights.
    The  law doesn't matter to many on here it seems...

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hahaha hahaha.

Why Do So Many On INGO Hate HOA's?

I couldn't tell you. I'm for giving people a choice to join a HOA if they so chose, isn't that why so many gave their lives in defense of this nation - so we have the freedom to make choices like that (and others).

Don't want to live in a HOA community then don't, simple as that. It's a long, drawn out, expensive process to buy a house, HOA or not should be no surprise...

Why the F do I care if people are upset about a racist HOA? How does that have anything to do with our discussion besides it being a HOA? Might of well said the sky is blue...

The  law doesn't matter to many on here it seems...
    I'm for giving people the choice too. But this is about what people don't like, then you get mad and attack them because they aren't as enlightened as you think you are.

You are proving the point HOAs aren't always voluntary. Thank you.

I really trying to break this down for you. Racist HOA is bad. People think racist HOA is bad, hence the entire point of the thread. You and everyone else should care about racist practices unless you'd like them turned against you one day.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    You are proving the point HOAs aren't always voluntary. Thank you.
    Who forces people to join a HOA? You don't have to buy a home in a HOA, plenty of other homes out there for sale. Not sure why this is hard for folks to understand...

If the home is in a newer subdivision, there's a very good chance it's in a HOA, so if you don't want a HOA, move right along. If it's a rural property with acreage, it's likely not in a HOA.
    I really trying to break this down for you. Racist HOA is bad. People think racist HOA is bad, hence the entire point of the thread. You and everyone else should care about racist practices unless you'd like them turned against you one day.
    Where did this thread become about the racist HOA? Racism is bad, doesn't have to be just a racist HOA. Nothing racist about a HOA provided amenity either..

Nothing racist about the HOA I was a part of...seems like you're taking the exception and making it the rule...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom