• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This thread you started has absolutely, and I mean absolutely nothing to do with this question.

I dont think anyone has argued that if you sign a contract to live somewhere, under certain rules, that it is illegal. Can definitely say its BS but not illegal. Your title says it all, "Why do so many on INGO hate HOAs" and you've been given countless reasons why and handed statistics showing the majority of people don't like them. Plenty of proof and reasons why so many wouldn't want to live in one.

Maybe you should've started a thread about why YOU love HOAs? It looks like you and firecadet would be the only 2 in it. Haven't seen much support of them by most members comments.

I for 1 will never live in one. Never have, never will. I dont need members only walking trails, we have one very close. I dont need members only golf course, we have one very close. I dont need members only tennis or basketball courts, we have those very close. If I wanted these things I'd probably just use the local city ones or join a country club. I dont need a members only pool, (and I don't see that being much different than a community pool, still got people you don't know and kids pissing in it) I've got my own, and can count on 1 hand how many use it, and how its been maintained.

Oh and home has doubled in value in the last 15 years without an HOA, but that story probably belongs in the property tax thread
    The point is germane because they are all types of retaining control after giving up ownership of the property. Which has been a sticking point for many. I was pointing out other types of selling property while retaining rights.

The driver of the thread is not just hate of HOA’s, but the contention they should not exist which takes the rights of owners away to sell property as they wish and buyers to buy what they wish. There are a lot of platitudes about freedom but it is only freedom as a few describe it.

I am glad you have what you want, I have what I want, some just can’t seem to allow what I want to exist, I certainly am not in any way saying you should have wha I want.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Sure. That's a compromise. Or just life....

Did you have to move out right then? Did you get kicked out? I'm guessing no to both...

If you agreed to the HOA, you agreed to the HOA...
    I was temporarily staying with my wife at her house out of the county after I sold my previous house, I did not have much time to move back within the county.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    To whom? People hoping to impress others by saying they live there?
    Not sure how you got that from what I posted. Not to "impressive" to live on a 1/4ac in a vinyl village, but to each their own.
    I have family that try to brag about living in carmel. What they say after that I couldn't tell you.
    Funny, you couldn't pay me to live in the land of roundabouts (no offense to anyone there, just not my thing).

Desirable neighborhood as in people want to move there / live there, based on what I've heard from multiple realtors and friends...

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I was temporarily staying with my wife at her house out of the county, I did not have much time to move back within the county.
    Everyone's situation is different and a like a snowflake, unique. There is rarely a one size fits all solution, which is why I think it's great we have all these options to chose from...

And, I did the oil change, brake job in the garage, winterized the boat on the street and never got a letter. So yes, I'm getting a better understanding of the Karen's you had to deal with. I wouldn't have lasted 15 years before I got the hell out of there.

My wife and I just drove through a neighborhood in Perry Twp over the weekend. We looked at way back when. Yep, we wouldn't have stayed there long at all...

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Not sure how you got that from what I posted. Not to "impressive" to live on a 1/4ac in a vinyl village, but to each their own.

Funny, you couldn't pay me to live in the land of roundabouts (no offense to anyone there, just not my thing).

Desirable neighborhood as in people want to move there / live there, based on what I've heard from multiple realtors and friends...
    You said most desirable neighborhood in town.

What part has you confused?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    You said most desirable neighborhood in town.

What part has you confused?
    I answered your question. I was not speaking about Carmel. I was speaking about a subdivision that is the "most desired in town" based on what I've heard from realtors, friends, and seeing how quickly houses sold vs neighboring subdivisions... not a town.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Something not even on the topic of HOA amenities, you pulled a news article about a racist HOA out of your back pocket. Obviously, that struck a nerve with you years ago if you had it ready and waiting...

So please. Answer the question.

How the F does RACE or even INCOME enter a discussion about HOA private property vs city owned, public property?!

Private property @repeter1977, either you stand for it or you don't. You missed my entire point last night, focused on some racist HOA that had zero to do with the topic at hand...

View attachment 361496
    Because the racist HOA was racist. Pointing out why people don't like it, so obviously again you've missed it. I understand though because it was explained in both my post and the story, so it's easy to see why you couldn't comprehend it.
    And standing against HOAs is standing for private property. This was already proven on here too, but again, you can't comprehend it.
    And the Bye was because you were leaving. Apparently not though because not only is your reading comprehension abysmal but apparently you are just typing random things too. So, bye again although I doubt it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And standing against HOAs is standing for private property. This was already proven on here too, but again, you can't comprehend it.
    No, it is standing against the freedom of some sellers to sell the way they wish, some buyers to buy as they wish and the only way to accomplish what you want is to strip them of their freedom so you can perceive you have freedom of ownership but are taking away the very freedom you claim to cherish but you can’t comprehend it.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    No, it is standing against the freedom of some sellers to sell the way they wish, some buyers to buy as they wish and the only way to accomplish what you want is to strip them of their freedom so you can perceive you have freedom of ownership but are taking away the very freedom you claim to cherish but you can’t comprehend it.
    You can't even comprehend your own topic so you should probably stop there until you are willing to answer.

Why ask a question you don't want the answer to?

Answer that and I'll answer your question, yet again because the stories and videos posted previously were too hard for you.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Because the racist HOA was racist. Pointing out why people don't like it, so obviously again you've missed it. I understand though because it was explained in both my post and the story, so it's easy to see why you couldn't comprehend it.
    And the Bye was because you were leaving. Apparently not though because not only is your reading comprehension abysmal but apparently you are just typing random things too. So, bye again although I doubt it.
    So you're against private property owners ensuring their private property (HOA pool, ponds and tennis courts) are for their residents exclusive use only.

Got it.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    So you're against private property owners ensuring their private property (HOA pool, ponds and tennis courts) are for their residents exclusive use only.

Got it.
    I'll answer that when you answer mine. I know you can't so , bye.
    Funny, thought you were done, but still can't leave

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    This is a classic example of Real World vs a make believe utopia, as some may call it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There are companies that are actually in the business of doing this. Many seniors sell this way to get needed money for things and still get to keep their home until they die. Individuals may buy this way to get a property they want before others can get their hands on it.
    That's kinda irrelevant to the discussion of HOA's. Developers buying land, subdividing it, and attaching HOA requirements to the deeds isn't the same thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom