• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Was at Deep River County Park in Hobart or wherever for a few hours. Holster worked out from under my shirt and I just left it for the last half hour, I don't even know if anyone noticed.

Yeah, that's the thing. Even when I OC, most people never even realize I'm carrying. I'm pretty sure that's common to all of us. I guess Indiana is alright after all. Mostly, anyway.

cowboywitek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Noblesville IN
    I just OC for the first time today!!!! of course I only went to a gas station (stayed outside) and to CVS where I picked up some boxing gear from indoorsoccerfrea... I'm just not used to it, and I dont want to be the guy who gets hammered by an LEO because the LEO dosent know the laws... now maybe if I got some other guys to do it with me?? (I know now I'm being paranoid!)
    TW

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Yesterday, I OC'd at Cagney's, White Castle, and Wally World in Shelbyville. I was asked if I was a cop by a guy at White Castle, and we had a conversation about carry and current laws, including the recent INSC ruling about cops.

I thanked his son for his service when I found out he is currently serving Army at Camp Atterbury. He told me he was a combat engineer and would be happy to blow things up and build it back for me.

The older gentleman said he had his LLTCH, but didn't carry regularly. It sounded to me that he wasn't sure about the legality of OC and my carrying and conversation might have just convinced him to do so more often.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    Took a newbie shooting at MCF&G, then went to King Ribs on 16th street. Really got the "EVIL" eye from a guy when we entered. Later as he was leaving he'd Pulled his badge out of his shirt on the chain. Oh well, BG's don't OC full size USPs, do they??:dunno:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I OC'd by accident today. I always CC but decided that I wanted to be more comfortable on my hour and half drive home from my Dad's(I wasn't planning on making any stops), so I put my OWB holster on my hip at 3 o'clock. After I left his house I decided to go past Mom's gravesite, when I got to the cemetary two men were working on setting a headstone foundation. I decided to go ahead and get out of the car and maybe they wouldn't notice me. Well that would have been too easy. They both said Hello and then glanced at my hip, looked at each other with odd expressions on their faces and then back at me again. I went on to Mom's gravesite and they gathered their tools and left. I figured I'd be getting a visit from the main caretaker or police in short order. I ran through my head, gun laws and the rules of the cemetary. Couldn't think of anything I was doing that was illegal or against the rules. I stayed about half a hour and the men passed twice in their truck.
    Wonder if I would have gotten the same reaction if I was a man?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    All over town while on duty. I played with a Doberman the size of a pony. Made peace with the dog that's been chasing my car every day for the past year. Gave a frightened child a sticker. Looked for a lost pet. And talked to a very nice gentleman about his garden. Nobody said anything about the gun.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    All over town while on duty. I played with a Doberman the size of a pony. Made peace with the dog that's been chasing my car every day for the past year. Gave a frightened child a sticker. Looked for a lost pet. And talked to a very nice gentleman about his garden. Nobody said anything about the gun.

It sounds as if you live in Shangri-La or Mayberry. Glad you had a nice day at work:)

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yesterday. The Nora License branch, Chase bank Castleton, and Harbor Freight. Just getting some errands done.

Open Carry on my right hip. Not a word was said. That was the first time I have OC'ed in the bank. I kind of wondered how things would go, but it went well.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Guy at Starbucks noticed my new 1911, and talked a bit about it. One of the ladies that works there jumped in and said she has quite a few guns herself...

Kroger a couple times, just because I can.

Parking garage at work... while not really "OC", I did show my new toy to some guys I work with.

Gas station, car lot, and Subway

leasure_glock34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    I open carried today at Walmart, Owen's, BP Gas station, and in McDonald's... Most of the time, I feel like I am being stared at by people... I have only had one person say something to me and that was at WalMart a few weeks ago, and that person thanked me for carrying because it made him feel much safer knowing that there were law-abiding citizens out there that carried handguns...:):

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Today Greenwood was on the schedule. Cycle Outfitters, Border's, Flower Factory, Old Time Pottery, Wal-Mart, McAllister's Deli.

Told the wife that I wasn't going to go eat at Hooter's today, especially that one. She still wanted wings and we considered Wing Stop and McAllister's. McAllister's won, but we'll go to Wing Stop at some point. Perhaps they'll be less concerned with carry status. We'll see.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Today Greenwood was on the schedule. Cycle Outfitters, Border's, Flower Factory, Old Time Pottery, Wal-Mart, McAllister's Deli.

Told the wife that I wasn't going to go eat at Hooter's today, especially that one. She still wanted wings and we considered Wing Stop and McAllister's. McAllister's won, but we'll go to Wing Stop at some point. Perhaps they'll be less concerned with carry status. We'll see.

Which Wal-Mart did you go to? The one on 31, or the one at Co. Line and Emerson? I've never seen anyone else at the Co.Line Walmart =/

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    I haven't gotten the nerve up to completely open carry although I commonly OWB carry with just a T-shirt covering it. I'll call this semi-OC. hahaha Most of the time it's pretty obvious that I have a gun on as my T's tend to be more on the fitted side and the barrel of the 1911 usually sticks out the bottom. But the biggest reason is I only have a Fobus holster and quite frankly am a little embarrassed by this. hahahaha Once I get around to forming a OWB Kydex holster for it I will most likely go full out OC.

Kydex?? Both are equally embarrassing!!!! Get some leather man!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom