• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gixer454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Logansport
    The grand majority of people are brainwashed by all this "Gun Control" bull**** and feel that guns are evil, unless they are in the governments hands. All I can say is "poor sheep" but honestly...

AMEN brother....AMEN!

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Today I cc from the time I got up til I made a hail mary run to the bathroom on my road trip to tipton, IN. I was sweating before I got there and had to take off my sweatshirt:rockwoot:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Open carried at walgreens today, and lowes last week. One guy was walking with his kid and wife while I was standing in line. Saw me, looked at his kid and said in a joking voice "Oh no, look, he's got a gun!" it was really awkward. lol The cashier started acting strange until I was at the register and acted incredibly pleasant with her, then she smiled and went on with her day with a different attitude toward gun owners. That is why I, 'sometimes', open carry. :)

The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile
    Actually, I didn't start out Saturday by openly carrying. I had a union meeting to attend and, according to our by-laws, we are not allowed to carry weapons to the meeting. So, I openly displayed my empty holster. Since something like his had never happened before at any meeting I have attended, I was expecting some type of questioning from my fellow members and officers.

I was prepared with a speech about the ridulousness of being concerned about an empty holster, but nothing was said, asked, or even given a second look.

Ok, after the meeting, I decided to visit (with my handgun safely tucked into its holster) the Sauder furniture store located near the Lone Star restaurant on Coldwater Road. As an aside, this Lone Star was the one where we had an open carry lunch a good while back.

I walked into the store, was greeted by one of the guys behind the counter, smiled and greeted him back. No problems so far. I'm walking around the store, people are passing me, I'm passing them. Since I was actually there to do some shopping, I was focused on the items I was looking at. Still, no problems whatsoever.

I decided on a piece, went to the counter to see if it was in stock (it was), paid for it and walked out to get my vehicle. +1 to Sauder.

My next stop was the Best Buy over in the Northcrest Shopping Center. Same rouitine - was greeted, smiled and greeted back. I went back to the audio recever section and was approached by a salesperson asking if she could help (which she did). Noticed she looked down at my side. She didn't even blink twice.

I walked around for a bit, comparing this receiver with that one, etc. There were a lot more people in Best Buy than there was in Sauder. Nothing was said, no one ran screaming in horror.

I completed my purchase and started to walk out the door. Just as I get passed the main door, here comes a FWPD cruiser coming up the aisle. I thought "oh crap, here we go." I noticed he parked about 3 cars away and behind me, so I figured he wasn't really there in response to a call.

I reached my vehicle and started to stow away my receiver in the back, all the while I was keeping an ear and my peripheral vision focused in the police officer's direction. And you'll never guess what happened next.

I got into my vehicle and drove off.

I am not completely sure if the officer even saw me, but by the time I had things stowed away and had opened the driverside door, he was already walking past. So, IF he did see me openly carrying, he chose to do nothing about it. +1 to Best Buy, and an honorary +1 to the FWPD.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Open carried at walgreens today, and lowes last week. One guy was walking with his kid and wife while I was standing in line. Saw me, looked at his kid and said in a joking voice "Oh no, look, he's got a gun!" it was really awkward. lol The cashier started acting strange until I was at the register and acted incredibly pleasant with her, then she smiled and went on with her day with a different attitude toward gun owners. That is why I, 'sometimes', open carry. :)

OCers do tend to be extremely pleasant.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Today I OC'd at my sister's while grilling out for my Mother. I took some incoming fire while I was standing flipping the burgers.

It seems my family was determined to engage each other in a Nerf battle.

I did not return fire. My Nerf guns were at home.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I OC'd to the Big Red Liquors in downtown Bloomington on Saturday. I was trying to [STRIKE]rob the place[/STRIKE] find a nice bottle of wine for my mom for Mothers Day. I approached one of the employees and [STRIKE]pointed my gun at her[/STRIKE] asked if she could help me find something nice in my price range. We talked for about ten minutes and she [STRIKE]called the cops[/STRIKE] gave me some good recommendations. She barely glanced at my pistol, never said anything about it, and wasn't uncomfortable in the least. Must have been my [STRIKE]dashing good looks[/STRIKE] charming demeanor. ;)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Over the weekend....
    Hardware store/rental place to get a tiller, Walmart, Kroger, Family express in Monticello.
    Meijer, panda express, and speedway in Merrillville.

No comments, no LEO proning me out, and only got shot twice.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    OC'd for the first time to a BP gas station yesterday morning. No one said anything, though they did get quiet when I walked up to the counter.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    First time OCing at Wally World with my PX4 .40 strapped to my hip. Got a few double takes, but otherwise uneventful. Same thing at the liquor store last night. :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom