• Status
    Not open for further replies.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I was OCing in the Speedway at 10th and N. Mitthoeffer. I've been in there more than 20 times in the last couple of months. I was buying a cup of coffee. I was wearing a shirt and tie and dress slacks and OCing a RIA full size 45 in a leather pancake holster. A guy was standing behind me and said, "AHHH Sweet! I didn't knowed they got 'em like cat where day go through da belt. All I gots is a shouda ho'sta." He made the motion like he had a shoulder holster on. I said "Yes. They have them at Pop Guns on Post Road. And walked away. I didn't feel like have a long protracted conversation about ho'stas in that neighborhood. How can you not know that they have holsters that go through the belt?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hah, just ran out for a couple bottles of whiskey and some coffee (great combo, yeah?)

Went into the liquor store on Main street near Emerson. Had a good long talk with the guy working there about guns, apartment defense, etc. I walked out with my stuff, a guy standing at his car stopped me and asked if I was an officer. I said "Nah", he said "So just protection, I get it!" He complimented me on my Colt 1911, said it looks very nice.

Drove to the Starbucks Emerson and Main. Couple guys there that are gun guys. They asked me how my Colt was treating me, and complimented it, said they really want to get one. Talked about the safety features on it for a bit. The lady working there kept saying "Guns are scary... guns are scaaaary". She's funny :P

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Wally world in Noblesville.

^Must have been bored.

My company is practically a show and tell most home station drills.

Nah,
    Just one of those E-8's who has never been anything other than a Guardsman and yet to make a Deployment in 22 years...

You know the type, the Douchebag... ;)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Starbucks and Sam's Club, both Greenwood. Customer at Starbucks leaned around and asked "Is that a Kimber?" Said it's a Colt, and he said it looked like his friend's Kimber.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    This weekend I OC'd a bunch in Bedford and Heltonville. Dollar store, Walmart, Goodwill, gas station, garbage drop off, and my gf's house. Nary a word about my sidearm, save from the gf's aunt and sister who hadn't seen me OC before.

Side note: My gf took me to see where the tornadoes touched down in Bedford. Wow. That was the closest I'd been to observing tornado damage before. One hit Fort Wayne a few years ago, got a restaurant and a Best Buy or something I think, but I'd never checked out the damage. It was just astounding the damage that wind could do! Trees snapped off midway up the trunk, splintered and jagged. Other trees—BIG trees—pulled out from the roots. And WIDE swaths of destruction through wooded land. Not to mention houses and other property damaged. A blessing nobody was killed by the Bedford tornadoes, especially considering thr damage and death toll from the Joplin tornadoes which were only a couple days apart.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    I OCed all over South Bend and Mishawaka. Also had some business at TCU on McKinley Ave. No issues.

Had a friend ask me - "Is that legal?". It seems most people think either carrying is illegal or carrying is legal only concealed.

Lots of misinformation out there, its our job to show the people - its legal and safe.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I open-carried for the first time today!

But it barely counts as it was around "one of us". It was 90 degrees today and I simply didn't wanna deal with ANY kind of covering garment. So I just didn't cover up my SP101 snub in it's Galco high ride. But the only place I visited was Murphy Custom Gun-leather (outskirts of Evansville/Darmstadt). Dan Parmenter is my go-to guy for FFL transfers from Gun Broker.

I just got a 3 inch SP101 to complement my Summer Carry 2 incher.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Circle K on Gladstone and Owen's Bend Park for some fishing today...

Didn't catch much, nothing worth keeping, but had fun doing it, and got the kinks almost worked out of my new rod and reel...

zcsmith464

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Noblesville
    Opened carried into an apartment complex today, woman steps out of her car, in shock, and says " excuse me, are you a police officer or something," I responded "nope, just came back from the range." Topic was dropped from conversation.

jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    Does anyone OC on a regular basis in Terre Haute? I don't think I have ever seen anyone that wasn't law enforcement. I want to when my permit shows up in the mail.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Does anyone OC on a regular basis in Terre Haute? I don't think I have ever seen anyone that wasn't law enforcement. I want to when my permit shows up in the mail.

When I went to college there, I OC'd all the time (except when on campus, of course). Just be sure you don't OC in a city park before the preemption law takes effect on 1 July! I had an interesting experience with that last September. You can probably find the thread I started about it if you look at threads I've started.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom