• Status
    Not open for further replies.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Took a nice walk in the park with baby and my wife. Then, got a soda and lotto ticket at the local BP.

A group (or is it a gaggle) of punky teeny-boppers got a rise out of it (Dude, whisper whisper, point, whisper). Said hello to several other families out for their walks. The gas station was a non-event as usual.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Chinese buffet in Mooresville, then the 2nd hand children's store next door, Speedway for a soda, and then back home. Meant to stop at the auto parts store, but forgot my list.

As busy as that buffet can get, I'm surprised I've not seen another OC-er (other than LEO) there.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well I'm getting a little more bold.

OC'd to Sam's Club to get my tires rotated and balanced. Ate dinner there as well as did some looking around.

Then went to Glenbrook Square and bought some clothes at JC Penney. All with a PX4 on my hip and a P11 tucked in my belt. I got great service with a smile. I did get a group of people visiting from Italy to do a double take. But they didn't mention anything during our small talk in line.

I'm digging OC, it seems people aren't uncomfortable around me (at least yet). I dress nicely and am always cordial.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Well I'm getting a little more bold.

Then went to Glenbrook Square and bought some clothes at JC Penney. All with a PX4 on my hip and a P11 tucked in my belt.

And you didn't get beat down by the Mall Nazi wannabe cops (Mall Security)? I'm impressed. When I lived in that area, they were quick to kick out anyone carrying in the mall. Maybe they're backing off a bit now.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Starbucks yesterday. Not many other places this week. Got in a wreck on Sunday, so I don't have my own car to transport it around in when I'm at work. booo... I feel naked.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Got nothing against OC. But I have yet to do it very much. Some how I feel if I open carry I'm telling the BG:" Hey I'm the good guy with the gun shoot me first!" Maybe I'll change some day. :dunno:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Got nothing against OC. But I have yet to do it very much. Some how I feel if I open carry I'm telling the BG:" Hey I'm the good guy with the gun shoot me first!" Maybe I'll change some day. :dunno:

Got nothing against CC. But I don't do it very much. Some how I feel if I conceal carry I'm telling the BG:" Hey I'm an easy mark, pick me! Pick me!" Maybe I'll change some day. :dunno:

;)

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Seymour Powersports (Suzuki dealer), Dan's Cycle Sales (Yamaha dealer), Hardee's (meh on the new turkey burger, had to buy a beef burger to go just to make up for eating it), a local second hand media store, and Marsh to buy meat for the grill tonight.

I think I've definitely changed the type of bike I'm looking to buy after today's scouting trip.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Trader Baker's, Kroger and Papa John's in Shelbyville this evening.

I actually felt a pang of sorrow for the "security" guard at Kroger. He was only armed with a mini flashlight and a phone.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    No where...

Drill Weekend. One of the Nancy-Boy New Army National Guard MSGT's attempted to give me grief for having a 12 Gauge in my Truck in the Armory Parking Lot though does that count?!

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Was at Deep River County Park in Hobart or wherever for a few hours. Holster worked out from under my shirt and I just left it for the last half hour, I don't even know if anyone noticed.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    No where...

Drill Weekend. One of the Nancy-Boy New Army National Guard MSGT's attempted to give me grief for having a 12 Gauge in my Truck in the Armory Parking Lot though does that count?!

I've had my handguns in the car while I was parked at the Marine Corps Officer Selection Station at Fort Ben and at the Naval Marine Corps Reserve Center, both in Indy. I've decided that since I definitely don't want grief with them while I'm trying to get in, I'm not gonna press my luck—I disarm before I get there and rearm after I leave, and I don't mention it to anybody there. I know my OSO knows I carry, though, because I was OC'ing when I met him for the first time, at a coffee shop in Warsaw. I think I might've even posted about that in this thread; it was back in January.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom