• Status
    Not open for further replies.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    On Fri, Sat, Sun, I OC'd in Monon on my property. I also OC'd in Monticello at the Best Western Sunday at about 1am and Sunday at 10am. You know, to check out.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Fort Wayne Logan's restaurant, Smith Field airport, Gander Mountain, GI JOES Army/Navy store, then back in Decatur to Chinamart (Walmart) and my local BP before returning home.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Today in WalMart on Emerson and I465, again. Speedway on Southeastern and Arlington. No problems or comments.

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    Home, in car to work. I work at a high school. Park on the street and lock it in the trunk. Local LEO knows I carry. He encourages me to CC instead of OC.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    in-laws, hospital, store with my wife and kids and then had a undercover cop come up and ask if i would pull my shirt over it so no one would get alarmed i responded with i thought i was aloud to oc and he said yes but the store manger has asked to do that so no one freak out so i did ( btw he was very polite and i give him much respect for the way he handled the whole thing, gas station then home.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Today....Wal-Mart, and my office downtown...of course I'm the sole proprietor of an IT Consulting Business, so I can make the rules for my office yeah! Unfortunately, several looks. The lady that is at the front desk in the lobby always stares at it when I come in with it on my side. *sigh* if only she found me as fascinating and enticing as my side arm.

Great story. I wonder if you are experiencing what women feel when guys start at their breasts :laugh: :cheers:

Next time tell her... "Hello, my face is UP HERE!"

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Great story. I wonder if you are experiencing what women feel when guys start at their breasts :laugh: :cheers:

Next time tell her... "Hello, my face is UP HERE!"

A follow up on this one... So I've been wearing to my office every day I go in. The owner of the building has seen and talked to me a few times, never mentioned. So it is a good thing.

Today, I took a different stairwell, as I often take the stairs to get some blood flowing and relieve stress. When I got to the first floor, the door said if you open it, an alarm will go off...OK...so I go back each floor of stairs on the way to my floor to see if there is a crossover floor, no luck. But there was some construction being done on one of the floors, and I walked through that door and interrupted to construction guys working asking if I could pass through because I couldn't find the cross over floor. The sheepishly ask where I was from, and I said the sixth floor.

They let me pass, I take the usual stairs down to the first floor and stand outside and enjoy the nice weather. I guess while I was standing out there, the two construction works came (right behind me?) to the front desk and told the girl that some guy with a gun came onto the floor from the stairwell and they were frantic about it I guess. She pointed at me outside and said "him?" and they said yes, and she laughed it off and said I was tenet. End of story.

I only know this because she was laughing and telling me how I scared them when I came back in from the outside. The moral of the story? Its nice to see people getting use to the fact that I choose to exercise my 2nd Amendment right.

What I think is kind of humorous about these guys being freaked out is that I'm an IT Consultant, and today was business casual for me, so this big bad scary guy with a gun was wearing his brown dress shoes, khakis and long sleeve button up shirt...with a glock 19 in my sharp looking fobus holster on my side. Odd. I could see if I was wearing my pants down my waist with boxers showing and hoody and "ghetto" carrying... I guess a gun no matter how professionally kept, disturbs people.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    A follow up on this one... So I've been wearing to my office every day I go in. The owner of the building has seen and talked to me a few times, never mentioned. So it is a good thing.

Today, I took a different stairwell, as I often take the stairs to get some blood flowing and relieve stress. When I got to the first floor, the door said if you open it, an alarm will go off...OK...so I go back each floor of stairs on the way to my floor to see if there is a crossover floor, no luck. But there was some construction being done on one of the floors, and I walked through that door and interrupted to construction guys working asking if I could pass through because I couldn't find the cross over floor. The sheepishly ask where I was from, and I said the sixth floor.

They let me pass, I take the usual stairs down to the first floor and stand outside and enjoy the nice weather. I guess while I was standing out there, the two construction works came (right behind me?) to the front desk and told the girl that some guy with a gun came onto the floor from the stairwell and they were frantic about it I guess. She pointed at me outside and said "him?" and they said yes, and she laughed it off and said I was tenet. End of story.

I only know this because she was laughing and telling me how I scared them when I came back in from the outside. The moral of the story? Its nice to see people getting use to the fact that I choose to exercise my 2nd Amendment right.

What I think is kind of humorous about these guys being freaked out is that I'm an IT Consultant, and today was business casual for me, so this big bad scary guy with a gun was wearing his brown dress shoes, khakis and long sleeve button up shirt...with a glock 19 in my sharp looking fobus holster on my side. Odd. I could see if I was wearing my pants down my waist with boxers showing and hoody and "ghetto" carrying... I guess a gun no matter how professionally kept, disturbs people.

Great story :yesway:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Mc Sports in Bloomington and the steak place across the highway. Had my 3913 stuck in my hip pocket.

Does that count? I didn't go out of my way to make a special effort to "educate" any one, just ate a meal and looked around the stores. Only complaint is mine, all the prices are too high.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    OCed to Walmart the other day and had a guy I knew from school who works there ask me about getting a LTCH. I told him about how to get it and then emailed him a link to INGO later that night. He's already applied for his LTCH! :rockwoot:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I OC'd all over Lafayette, and West Lafayette today. Dick's, Wal-Mart on the east side, Sears, Bar Barry, Ra-Comm, Kirby Risk, Rural King, Menard's, Lowes, and Wendy's at the Mall.

The only incident was at Wendy's.
    There I was sitting there eating my lunch. I had my Palm Leaf umbrella on. When this little girl, probably around 4 yrs old, asked me if I was a cop. I told her no I am not a cop. Then next she asked me why I had a gun.
    I asked her if she had ever seen a cowboy in a movie without his gun. She said nope. And all ended well.

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    Lets keep this going!

OC'd today at the Croy Creek Traders Fair (They are open on Sats now!!!) BTW, lots of guns for sale there when its not raining. Its east of Brazil about 5 miles. Good deals sometimes. Then I OC'd for an hour or so in WalMart and at AdvanceAuto in Brazil. Then home the rest of the day. I did take it off (I was carrying my S&W Mod 59) while I changed oil in my Explorer. Rolling around on the ground grinding my gun into the dirt is just not smart. I put it back on when I was done with the drain and filter swap, just so you know.

:)

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Valpo Walmart and Speedway again.
    Crown Point BMV (I hate going to Lake County)
    Out to the range in Kingsberry :D

No one actually cares that I OC, so I'm not changing my style.

mattfoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wayne Co.
    I havent OC'd in any stores for about 3 weeks after this happened at the Richmond walmart. I still OC on walks and in the yard, but I need to get my nerve back.

I parked the car and my wife and I pushed two carts that were in our parking spot into the store. I had the cart with my 14 month old son in it. My wife and I are talking as we enter the store proper from the cart corale.

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "Hey, hey,hey, hey you!!"

Me: "Excuse me?"

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "Is that a GUN?" {Proper emphasis added}

Me: "Yes, ma'am."

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "A REAL gun??"

Me: "Yes, ma'am."

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "Oh no, what do I do? What do I do? Do I call somebody? Do I need to call the service desk? " {Flailing of frail arms also commenced at this time}

Walmart Greeter Lady #2: "Well if he's an officer, I guess its ok."

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "Are you an officer?"

Me: "No ma'am. But I am permitted by the State of Indiana to carry a handgun."

Walmart Greeter Ladies #1 & #2: {Silence}

Me: "I have carried in here before without any problems."

Walmart Greeter Lady #2: "Well, you probably had your coat over it."

Me: "No. {Pause} Like I said, I've carried in here before and not had any trouble. {Pause} I have a permit."

Walmart Greeter Lady #2: " Well, I guess he does have it in a holster."

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: {Stares}

Walmart Greeter Lady #2: "Well, I guess its ok. " {Makes a gesture for me to continue}

Me: {I continue into the store to join my family waiting for me}

We saw Walmart Greeter Lady #1 on the way out, but didn't say anything to her.

ETA: I was carrying an XD 9SC in a serpa level 2

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Don't worry, they're probably more frightened of you, than you are of them.
    :rockwoot:
    Rep for oc.

If you think so, you don't know the little old ladies I do. Tic em off an they'll go Chuck Norris on your ass with their canes and walkers, if your lucky, if not they'll give you a good talking to. I'd rather face a rabid pit bull with aids.:eek:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom