• Status
    Not open for further replies.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    the only place i have opened carried was the vet's office, which is down on W38th St. i didnt even notice my shirt wasnt covering it until the tech gave me a somewhat awkward look.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Bradi's, Circle K, Wal-mart briefly before pulling my t-shirt over it and looking like I had a gun under a T-shirt LOL.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I open carry every day that I am not working but today I OCed from when I was dressed then to Target, Meijer, Kroger, Speedway gas station, Taco Bell, Liquor Store, Game Stop, Kohls, Sears, Lowes. All in the Avon west indy side.

While at the gas station a mother and her kid were in line behind me and the kid asked if I was a LEO, I told him no that I have a license to carry to defend myself and others around me like your mother and yourself. He smiled and told his mom he wanted to be just like me. So I told him that when he is 18 he can apply for his license and do just the same. His mom looked at me in disgust and told him he will never own a gun as long as she is alive. I wanted to keep my mouth shut but I slipped and stated that it is his RIGHT to defend for his life. She came with a reply of "only law breakers need guns, the police are there to protect us." Then I just held my tongue and politely said "Next time you see a police officer ask him about the view of lawful carry." instead of "True, the police are there to protect and defend, but they arent everywhere all the time, usually they are too late and clean up the mess."

First time ever someone has been rude about it openly to me.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Only law breakers need guns.
    But don't the police have guns?

The police are there to protect us.
    Then why are there still violent crimes?

I know, emotion is rarely swayed by any form of logic. At least you had a positive impact on the youngster.:yesway:

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On Saturday, I sort of OC'd to Meiger (Southport), Fannie May (Greenwood), McAllisters (Southport). I say sort of as it was colder than I thought it would be so I put on a fleece shirt I have, but it doesn't cover my side arm all the way and you can definitly see the bottom half of my gun/holster the whole time.

Total OC'ed at Ruby Tuesday's (Southport).

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Today i only Oc'ed from my house to my girlfriends. Being that is the only place i have been too. Yesterday however i openly carried just about everywhere. Notably at some youth fair thing down town in Muncie. I was helping my g/f's dad run sound equipment and such. I had a few looks but nothing major, the mayor of Muncie didn't even say anything and i was standing right next to her. I did however get some kid about 14? tryin to talk to me as i was walking to my car to get my jacket. I just ignored him and kept walking, reason being he was trying to look like a "gangster" and that should say enough.:D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Today, aside from the usual around the house, it was from Wal-mart to my house by the golf course on a bicycle, up 231.

Haven't been on a bike in years, my butt hurts.

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    My first day OC'ing

So I OC'ed for the first time today. Kind of indifferent about the concept at this point. I figured the best place would be the Terre Haute south Wallmart. The only person that noticed really was the guy at the fishing counter (I believe). All in all it was nice. I was not near as uncomfortable as I figured I would be. Probably going to start OCing more now that it wasn't looked down upon.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    OC'd for the first time today.
    Hallmark store (it's my dad's birthday)
    Subway
    Gas station

I don't think I got any looks, but I wasn't in any store more than 5 minutes.

DiamProducer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Anderson
    Saw 2 people OCing at the Gas America in Anderson. It was nice to see as I myself was CCing because I was on the way to a mall in Indy and we all know how the Simon Nazis like to be.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Saw 2 people OCing at the Gas America in Anderson. It was nice to see as I myself was CCing because I was on the way to a mall in Indy and we all know how the Simon Nazis like to be.

I actually OC at Washington Square once, never had a problem, but I try to go there as little as possible anyhow.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    first (intentional) OC today. i went to walmart, meijer and dick's on my weekly ammo hunt. the manager at dick's asked me if i was LE. i said "just a civilian." he told me he didnt want to hassle me nor did he care, but he was unaware OC was legal in Indiana.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    first (intentional) OC today. i went to walmart, meijer and dick's on my weekly ammo hunt. the manager at dick's asked me if i was LE. i said "just a civilian." he told me he didnt want to hassle me nor did he care, but he was unaware OC was legal in Indiana.

OC-score one for a good guy!!
    Rep added for educating someone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom