• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BulletSponge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy.
    I'm not a fan of OC. I would never let anyone know that I have a firearm on me and doing it on purpose just seems stupid. You need to keep in mind that there are people out there that would kill you and your family just to get your firearm. I know that some of you think that this is cool,and that doing this gives you a feeling of power but you give up much more than you gain.
    If you would take some classes in firearm disarming you would never have your gun in the open after the class. You can be disarmed at the drop of a hat. If I'm out and I see someone with a gun in the open the first thing I think of is, they have no training and they just got there CCW in the mail today. Most of the time I can tell they know nothing about firearms buy looking at the firearm and the holster. When I see someone with there firearm in the open, and just the slightest thing seems out of place I'm ready for a gun fight and I never let them out of my sight. You my think that I'm just running my mouth but I have CC'ed for 30 years and believe me, you give up much more than you gain. If you OC you run the risk of having someone kill you or someone else with your own gun. If they will kill for $10.00 worth of dope they will kill for that gun. Sorry if I upset anyone but I'm taking this as a safety issue for all our members.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Back to the subject of the thread....

Thursday May 20, 2009:

Menards in Greenwood
    Grand Rental Station (asked if I were a cop, but then talked quite a bit about how this world is getting crazy and it's a good idea to carry)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'm not a fan of OC...

BulletSponge, please bring this to an existing on-topic debate thread or start your own. I especially would love it if you read an old one first so you don't rehash too many things or end up looking silly. Debate and opinions are certainly welcome in the right place. If you didn't OC today, this may not be the right place.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ah, yet another addition to my ever-increasing IGNORE list.

I'll be carrying openly everywhere I go on my way from home down to Kentucky later today to "celebrate."

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Ah, yet another addition to my ever-increasing IGNORE list.

I'll be carrying openly everywhere I go on my way from home down to Kentucky later today to "celebrate."
    How do you ever get to read anything with your ignore list. I bet that by now your list rivals the phone book.:D Don't worry I will be sure to quote further posts so that you will not miss anything.;)

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Yesterday. WalMart. and Huntington bank. CC in Sams Club. Getting ready to head to Teachers Credit Union.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    How do you ever get to read anything with your ignore list. I bet that by now your list rivals the phone book.:D Don't worry I will be sure to quote further posts so that you will not miss anything.;)

Thank you, Mister Helper!

Actually, it saves me a lot of time and aggravation. If there are too many gaps in a topic, I don't bother reading it anymore.

Life is simple!

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Today. Two different wal marts. Sears hardware. CC in Greeenwood Mall of course. Will be OC'ing tomorrow at the bowling pin shoot of course.:D I've only shot pins once before. Can't wait to do it again.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    If nothing else, the WalMarts of Indiana ought to be getting pretty used to seeing a holstered weapon on people.

We (the wife and I) decided to go to dinner at the Mexican restaurant in Brownsburg, then across to WalMart for some extra groceries in case we do manage to make it to our campsite this weekend. A few glances I think, but nothing else until I took the groceries out to the vehicle. A guy at the back of a van I just passed says "Hey guy, you can open carry in this state?" I said "Yep, and own full auto stuff, too." I heard him tell his wife as he climbed in the van "that's it, we're moving to Indiana". He had an Illinois license plate, I noticed. Poor fellow. One state line away from relative freedom, and can only dream.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    How the hell did a OC vs CC debate get in here? We seriously need better security.

I OCd Tuesday for the first time outside of a gun-related store (I did it in Gander a few weeks ago). I carried through the CVS in Kentland and a few people did a doubletake but no words exchanged. Yes, I know the thread says "today" but I've been travelling.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    Went to Wal-Mart in Schererville...
    Cool, I live less than 5 min. away from there :rockwoot:

Went to a Chinese buffet in Schererville...

Are you talking about the one in the strip mall, a few hundred feet from Hooters?

Good to know these places have been, sort of, 'desensitized' to OC, if I ever decide to do it once I get my permit, haha :D

Good posts, guys.. I enjoy reading these. Especially any stories that go along :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I arrived at my hotel in Kentuck Thursday night, there were a group of range officers for the match in the parking lot. After they greeted me, they started heckling me about the number of guns I was carrying, but it was brief. They were all from southern Kentucky and part south.

Then I saw a couple of the ROs from Michigan. They're the ones that tend to be nervouse nellies about open carry. They freaked-out the first time they saw me doing it a few years ago, but now they just ... notice.

It's interesting that the only negative reactions I've ever received about open carry have been from other shooters/gun carriers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom