• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I havent OC'd in any stores for about 3 weeks after this happened at the Richmond walmart. I still OC on walks and in the yard, but I need to get my nerve back.

I parked the car and my wife and I pushed two carts that were in our parking spot into the store. I had the cart with my 14 month old son in it. My wife and I are talking as we enter the store proper from the cart corale.

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "Hey, hey,hey, hey you!!"

Me: "Excuse me?"

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "Is that a GUN?" {Proper emphasis added}

Me: "Yes, ma'am."

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "A REAL gun??"

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "Oh no, what do I do? What do I do? Do I call somebody? Do I need to call the service desk? " {Flailing of frail arms also commenced at this time}

Walmart Greeter Lady #2: "Well if he's an officer, I guess its ok."

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "Are you an officer?"

Me: "No ma'am. But I am permitted by the State of Indiana to carry a handgun."

Walmart Greeter Ladies #1 & #2: {Silence}

Me: "I have carried in here before without any problems."

Walmart Greeter Lady #2: "Well, you probably had your coat over it."

Me: "No. {Pause} Like I said, I've carried in here before and not had any trouble. {Pause} I have a permit."

Walmart Greeter Lady #2: " Well, I guess he does have it in a holster."

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: {Stares}

Walmart Greeter Lady #2: "Well, I guess its ok. " {Makes a gesture for me to continue}

Me: {I continue into the store to join my family waiting for me}

We saw Walmart Greeter Lady #1 on the way out, but didn't say anything to her.

ETA: I was carrying an XD 9SC in a serpa level 2

OH NO! Now I've got to get out my permit and the constitution and study them. I don't remember what it says about that holster requirement and I've been sticking my 3913 in my pocket for years now. Hope I don't get a ticket for it from the walmart greeter lady. LOL

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I havent OC'd in any stores for about 3 weeks after this happened at the Richmond walmart. I still OC on walks and in the yard, but I need to get my nerve back.

I parked the car and my wife and I pushed two carts that were in our parking spot into the store. I had the cart with my 14 month old son in it. My wife and I are talking as we enter the store proper from the cart corale.

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "Hey, hey,hey, hey you!!"

Me: "Excuse me?"

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "Is that a GUN?" {Proper emphasis added}

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "A REAL gun??"

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "Oh no, what do I do? What do I do? Do I call somebody? Do I need to call the service desk? " {Flailing of frail arms also commenced at this time}

Walmart Greeter Lady #2: "Well if he's an officer, I guess its ok."

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: "Are you an officer?"

Me: "No ma'am. But I am permitted by the State of Indiana to carry a handgun."

Walmart Greeter Ladies #1 & #2: {Silence}

Me: "I have carried in here before without any problems."

Walmart Greeter Lady #2: "Well, you probably had your coat over it."

Me: "No. {Pause} Like I said, I've carried in here before and not had any trouble. {Pause} I have a permit."

Walmart Greeter Lady #2: " Well, I guess he does have it in a holster."

Walmart Greeter Lady #1: {Stares}

Walmart Greeter Lady #2: "Well, I guess its ok. " {Makes a gesture for me to continue}

Me: {I continue into the store to join my family waiting for me}

We saw Walmart Greeter Lady #1 on the way out, but didn't say anything to her.

ETA: I was carrying an XD 9SC in a serpa level 2

too funny!

I dont know if your wally world does this but here our greeters carry them "guns" that scan bar codes for returns..if your waly world does and you ever see her with one you should tell her she needs to holster her weapon as she is making you uncomfortable..if she trys to explain what it is just act stupid and keep messin with her:popcorn:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I have never really open carried until today after reading all these posts I decided to try it as I ran some errands today.

first went to the local gun shop to check out some things{not a word said}

then went to block buster to return some vids and pick up a new one{nothing said}

then went to wally world to pick up a few things and as I was standing in line someone tapped me on the shoulder "hey buddy you got a permit for that thing" I turned around all I seen was a uniformed officer:bat: then looked up as he was laughing and it turned out to be my wifes dad:rolleyes: scared the crap out of me lol he said "un tuck your shirt..noone wants to see your gun" I said "you gonna arrest me if I dont?" "lol..no" so I said "then untuck your shirt..no one wants to see that POS on your side" "uh huh...everyone wants to see a glock!":draw:

was kinda exciting to OC..gonna do it more often I think,felt like I was carrying for the first time tho..I have CC for 6 years now but OC felt like I had never carried before..kept looking down at it and touching/adjusting it...hmm that really does sound kinda pervy:n00b:

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Walmart at 3 a.m. The manager and other employees didn't appear to be startled, but the customer behind me in the checkout line gave me a good 8 ft buffer zone.

Taipan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Greenfield, IN
    O/C in Greenfield

I OC'd all of last week in several grocery stores, drug store, and outside mowing my lawn. I was totally disappointed that no one even openly noticed! <- JK
    People in my neck of the woods don't seem to care enough to even look.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Went to a Chinese buffet in Schererville so I could find more Chinese food to try, so far I like General Tso's. Walked around looking at all the food, no looks at all even though I went up for 3 plates. Then about 5 minutes before my g/f and I left there was a family sitting down at the table behind us. After we left my g/f told me the son, probably around 6 pointed my gun out and the rest of the family freaked. I was clueless as to the whole commotion. Oh sure, I heard voices behind me, so I knew someone was there, didn't sound threatening to me at all. All I heard was a bunch of what I'm guessing was spanish, all I know are the curse words. If I understood a dang thing they said I could've explained the laws in Indiana, as well as America. Makes me think they freaked out about something more than just a firearm.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Today in a couple of gas stations. And to the park in our sub division with my little ones.

A couple of young girls were at the park and I heard one of them say "he has a gun". I turn to look at them and one of them asked if I was a police officer. I told her I wasn't and she asked "why are you carrying a gun then, in a park, with little kids around"? I asked her why she thought I was carrying it. The other young girl chirps in, "to protect you and your kids". (smart girl) I said that is exactly right. The other girl says "but this is a neighborhood, you don't need that here". I asked her why not and she just looked at me. Her friend looks at her and says, "that doesn't mean anything, stuff can happen anywhere".

These girls were middle school age. Turns out the girl that had a clue comes from a family of hunters. The other girl didn't say much else to me but did not act like she was scared or had a problem with me being there. They continued to play and I left before they did.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Walmart at 3 a.m. The manager and other employees didn't appear to be startled, but the customer behind me in the checkout line gave me a good 8 ft buffer zone.

Another good reason to OC...

I have problems with people getting in my personal space. Sounds like OC might be a way to keep all my space to myself!:rockwoot:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Heading home on the Duc right now. The shirt will be flapping. Let's see how many people I scare behind me.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Today, Cabelas in Hammond, all over the store 9lots of clearance items, not much to mention except the half price led clip light I picked up. Not a sideways look. Talked to the gun counter folks about the new ported 642 in the case, looked sweet, but since I wasn't buying today didn't have them take it out.

Target in Munster, again all over the store as the couple items I needed were spread out. As usual a perfect shopping experience, I love the Munster Target. Leave I heard my cashier half whisper to the next cashier "hey, look at that" as I walked off.

Another normal day in NW Indiana open carrying within a mile of the ILL state line.

-I had my bitone XD9 in a serpa retention holster and 2 spare mags in a fobus holster on the other hip.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Well just as I approached the square on the 748s, I had a CP officer pull in behind me and follow me through a school zone, the whole way my shirt held up by wind. He had to have seen but didn't think twice. I passed two other cops in Schererville and CP as well. Neither seemed to care but what I DID notice was noone got closer than two car lengths behind me AFTER they were close enough and then backed off. Scared or respectful? I'm not sure.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I OC'ed for the FIRST TIME today. It was more out of a requirement than just up and making a decision to OC. I was on my way home from work, and had to stop by Rite-Aid in Clarksville, IN Not even one glace... :-) I was slightly self-conscious but nothing of any major consequence.

INGunGuy

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I OC'ed for the FIRST TIME today. It was more out of a requirement than just up and making a decision to OC. I was on my way home from work, and had to stop by Rite-Aid in Clarksville, IN Not even one glace... :-) I was slightly self-conscious but nothing of any major consequence.

INGunGuy

Way to goooooooooooo! :+1: rep for you!

Well just as I approached the square on the 748s, I had a CP officer pull in behind me and follow me through a school zone, the whole way my shirt held up by wind. He had to have seen but didn't think twice. I passed two other cops in Schererville and CP as well. Neither seemed to care but what I DID notice was noone got closer than two car lengths behind me AFTER they were close enough and then backed off. Scared or respectful? I'm not sure.

Nice. Ride your ass while you're on the bike. Well, at least SOMETHING made them back off. Even if it was a firearm.

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    So my last post on this thread was OC'ing for the first time. So I have been OC'ing more and more like yesterday when I went and turned in my key for my previous apartment. She didn't even give me a wierd look. Then we held our first annual textbook shoot, since ISU didn't buy back most of our books.... Afterwards, it was off to IGA in West Terre Haute. The lady mopping kind of kept her distance but never said anything and when I was leaving the checkout, the girl finally noticed as I was waiting on my friends to follow. She gawked at it pretty hard but then just moved on like nothing was wrong... all in all a good experience.. FWIW I was OC'ing my M&P 9 in a bladetech open top holster that came with the gun. So much more comfortable than CC in IWB.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom