• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Thanks for the duck jokes, I needed a couple good laughs today. Haven't been in a bank in years since I've been at a Credit Union. I've always carried, but just started OC'ing there 2 months ago. I go to mine once a week and haven't had any problems. Customers seem to take more notice than anywhere else I OC. It's not a great area and the rent-a-cop is usually parked somewhere in the strip mall lot, usually nowhere close to the credit union.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Today, I OC'd from my car to my apartment! I CC'd while I was downtown, we'll leave it at that. But, when I get in my car I typically hang my gun on my door panel pocket. Today they're cutting grass at my apt complex and the guy weed-eating saw my gun hanging and saw me grab it when I was taking it in and put it on my belt, he kinda stopped and watched me but other than that, nothing! I need to get out more though...

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think if Indygunworks would dress like he did for the class, everyone would just think he's a cop. Just throw on some Ahhhnold sunglasses. I am not sure I COULD open carry a Kel Tec P32. I'd have to attach a magnifying glass off of my hip for anyone to notice. I'll have to save up for a Glock. (not and XD and have IGWs make fun of it.)

Who here OCs TWO at once? I always thought Terry (popguns) looked ready for war carrying two on right side.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Nowhere today, but a few days ago I OC'd at Gander Mtn, Target twice, Home Depot, Lowe's, Menard's, and Walmart. I had no issues. this was my second time OCing and I don't think anyone notices, and if they do they either don't care or stay away.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Toxic Hell(Taco Bell) on Emerson and ?? Close to I-465. Quite a few people noticed. No problems though.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Doctor's office, grocery, Family Video, gas station, mowed the yard.
    Once again, I was neither a target nor the object of overt scorn or panic.:)

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Went to dennys on US 31 and I-465. No problems there. Shopped at WalMart on County Line and Emerson. Had a nice conversation with the guy at the register.

He commented on my pistol and asked if I was a police officer. I told him no I wasn't. Just a citizen. He asked if I had my license. I said yes. He got quiet after that. So I asked him if he had his license. He said no but that he wished he could get one. Turns out he thought they were very expensive and hard to get. He thought you had to have a justifiable reason to carry. Was really suprised when I explained to him that IN is a "shall issue" state and what it meant. I told him what he had to do to apply for one. Next time I'm there I'll make it a point to look for him and see if he's made any progress. Maybe offer to take him to the range.

Another great day for OC!

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I don't understand.Why do you have to brag about open carry?It's legal.Does it make you feel like a cowboy?Is it that it maks you feel special?Yes I open carry at times,but I don't think it's a big deal.I would rather keep it concealed,it's more of a suprise if I have to use it.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I don't understand.Why do you have to brag about open carry?It's legal.Does it make you feel like a cowboy?Is it that it maks you feel special?Yes I open carry at times,but I don't think it's a big deal.I would rather keep it concealed,it's more of a suprise if I have to use it.

You are in the wrong thread if your picking a fight! Read the first post jack not just the title of the thread. If you have something productive to add, by all means pls do so, if not....:scared:

Now I know what you are going to say, But I was just saying or IMO, thanks, heard it, this is about getting pats on the back for baby steps.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Thanks for your .02
    A bit off topic though. Please refrain from thread jacking and trying to turn this into something it was not intended for. Please do feel free to post about any daily OC experiences you have had.

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    You are in the wrong thread if your picking a fight! Read the first post jack not just the title of the thread. If you have something productive to add, by all means pls do so, if not....:scared:

Now I know what you are going to say, But I was just saying or IMO, thanks, heard it, this is about getting pats on the back for baby steps.
    Sorry to offend you,not trying to pick a fight.I reread your post. So.....heres your pat on the back....ATTA BOY!!!:rockwoot::rolleyes:

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Someone's forgotten "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all."

Last night, Lowes Noblesville on 37. No issues.

I don't OC cause I want attention, some kind of wanna be bad ass, or a cowboy. I OC occasionally because in the summer it is much more comfortable. I OC because it is my right and I choose to exercise that right. If someone doesn't feel it is right for them then don't OC and leave me and the ones that do the hell alone.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I am OC'ing right now at Panera Bread on East 82nd Str. I have recieved more "looks" here than anywhere. Sorry to disturb your little bubble of perfect humane homeostasis northsiders *sheesh*......Get over it!

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Wal Mart again in Indy County Line and Emerson. One box of Blazer .40 on the shelf so for $12 I figured why not. Waited for the guy with a key to show up. We talked for a while. Paid for the ammo and left.

I would like to point out that he knew I was carrying and gave me no grief about not being able to sell me ammo because I was armed or saying he had to walk me out of the store. +1 for Wal Mart sporting goods guy.

I did however get stopped by the door police because I had purchased two of those big bouncy balls for my kids and he wanted to see my receipt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom