• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I OC'd for a little while today at Kruse (the ACD Festival)...I don't know how long because it was totally by accident. Does that count?:dunno:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Went to the Kruse auction today and as always, I was carrying. I always carry concealed, OWB just with a cover shirt or vest or something tossed on over it.
    Well, at some point I was fiddling with my camera and its case (which was on a strap slung over my shoulder) and when I looked down, I realized that my cover garment was flipped way back and caught on the back side of the holster...like it sort of tucked itself behind it.
    My guess is that it happened the first time we were walking past the helicopter landing pad when the wind kicked up from the blades. If that's so, I walked around for a couple hours like that.
    While I readjusted things, I just sort of scanned around to see if I'd been getting any dirty looks or inciting any panic...and nerp. Not so.:yesway:

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I did not

I did not open carry any place today. This is why I have a license that allows me to conceal my weapon. If I needed to open carry, I would move to Texas or Arizona, you don't need any license there.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I did not open carry any place today. This is why I have a license that allows me to conceal my weapon. If I needed to open carry, I would move to Texas or Arizona, you don't need any license there.

Might want to double check your facts.:):

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Here in Indiana, you need the same license to conceal your firearm that you need to carry it openly. The License to Carry Handguns doesn't specify how you carry it..

I OC'd at the gas station today, and to and from work. And to my neighbor's house to check out the tent they set up for their boys and our's to camp in tonight.

ABolt243

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Shelbyville, IL
    It's my understanding that just across the river in KY, OC is accepted, understood by the LEO's and practiced. I'm sure there are some unenlightened Kentuckians someplace though.

AB

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    There was a customer that OC'd in my store in Evansville yesterday. He walked in found what he wanted and paid for it. I asked what he was carrying. He told me a Ruger 9mm. He said he liked the fact that he had never had a problem with it. I agreed that when pulling the trigger a bang is the desired outcome. No screams, just me smiling from making a little profit! :)

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    After CC all weekend in Michigan I uncovered once across the Indiana border. My family and I stopped at a Ryan's in Fort Wayne. As we were making our way to our table we notice four guys at a table down the isle really giving us the big eyes. I went to the buffet to get my food while my wife watched our daughter. I returned and my wife went. While there, she overheard a man (from the big eyes table) talking to a manager. He asked if it was legal to just carry a gun around. My wife walked over, said it was her husband who was carrying, yes it is legal and he has a license to carry. The matter was settle amiably and the man went back to his table.

My wife was a little ticked that he "just went and told on you like that." I said, "He didn't know the law and you educated him. You did a good job. He didn't pursue it any further so all is well." +1 for my wife.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    HWGA... :dunno:
    After CC all weekend in Michigan I uncovered once across the Indiana border. My family and I stopped at a Ryan's in Fort Wayne. As we were making our way to our table we notice four guys at a table down the isle really giving us the big eyes. I went to the buffet to get my food while my wife watched our daughter. I returned and my wife went. While there, she overheard a man (from the big eyes table) talking to a manager. He asked if it was legal to just carry a gun around. My wife walked over, said it was her husband who was carrying, yes it is legal and he has a license to carry. The matter was settle amiably and the man went back to his table.

My wife was a little ticked that he "just went and told on you like that." I said, "He didn't know the law and you educated him. You did a good job. He didn't pursue it any further so all is well." +1 for my wife.

Cool.
    You know you can OC in Michigan, right?

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    OC'd @ Battell Park in Mishawaka for the Tea Party Express stop there.

Mrs CCE OC'd my XD40. :rockwoot:
    It was her first OC and she enjoyed it!
    :patriot:

Nobody seemed to care that we had guns. Had people taking pics of our cute kids though.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Turkey Run State Park, Ryan's Steak House, Deluxe Doughnuts, Gas America And Meijers Anderson (had a employee ask if I was a policeman when I replied no and asked why he stated "Oh, it's OK I have my life time permit but they won't let me carry while at work. Just happy to see someone else carrying), Tai Smile II, Marsh Super Markets, WalGreens, Muncie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom