• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    I had to go to the skating rink last night to pick up my son and his friends. I was OCing my G17. I checked their list of rules on the wall. Nothing there about weapons. So in I went. While I waited on my son to find his shoes, I was questioned by lots of kids. "Are you a cop?" "Why do you have that gun?"

One young lady told me it was "scary." The fact that I am 6' 5" and 270 might also make me "scary." :D

The ladies at the concession counter also asked. I gave them the line I stole from someone here on INGO, "I carry my gun because cops are too heavy." A minute later the owner came up. The concession stand ladies pointed out my Glock. He said, "Yeah, I saw it. So?"

So I got to talk to some nice folks and hopefully didn't permanently emotionally scar some teenage skaters.:D

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    The usual weekend yadda ya for me. Walked to McDonalds, then to Walgreens to make a purchase and then checked out the redboxdvd station outside. No MWAG call this time apparently.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Started out at KFC, then onto a picnic at German Park on Meridian, then the Speedway at Co. Line and 31. One guy came up behind me and asked "Is that a 9?", I responded with "40", he says "Awesome... Glock?" .. "Nah, USP." .. "Nice. You in the army or something?" "Nope." "Oh wow, 'cause that's an expensive gun."

Then onto CVS for some milk. Yum.

chiggins83187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Whitestown
    i had to go digging for this thread...no one has OC'd in 2 days?!

i got gas at the marathon on 106th/michigan rd last night and when i went to pay the guy at the register asked if it was the new Glock. we had a brief conversation (another customer came in) about what he had. it was an awesome experience as it was my 2nd time to OC and it was a good response!

although i noticed the guy behind me in line stood back a little bit :)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to Walgreens yesterday evening.* One of the younger high-school aged employees followed me around a bit, then joined the cashier while I was checking out.* He asked what kind of gun I had.* The female cashier, probably 17, asked why I had it.* Then she went on a rant about how she doesn't trust guns because her friend's dad's gun dropped twice and fired, oh and he's a cop, oh and etc etc... So uh, yeah.
    Went to gas station afterward.* There wasn't anyone there except the cashier/worker.* I probably shouldn't have gone in, because he was a little edgy, but I was as nice and courteous as always.*
    Today went to Arby's for lunch.* Plan to go again on the way home (free Beef 'n Cheddar Wednesday :D )

edit: uh, pardon the asterisks. Weird copy/paste from iPhone. Will fix when I get home :p

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Went to Walgreens yesterday evening.* One of the younger high-school aged employees followed me around a bit, then joined the cashier while I was checking out.* He asked what kind of gun I had.* The female cashier, probably 17, asked why I had it.* Then she went on a rant about how she doesn't trust guns because her friend's dad's gun dropped twice and fired, oh and he's a cop, oh and etc etc... So uh, yeah.
    Went to gas station afterward.* There wasn't anyone there except the cashier/worker.* I probably shouldn't have gone in, because he was a little edgy, but I was as nice and courteous as always.*
    Today went to Arby's for lunch.* Plan to go again on the way home (free Beef 'n Cheddar Wednesday :D )

edit: uh, pardon the asterisks. Weird copy/paste from iPhone. Will fix when I get home :p

Are you serious!?!?!?! I didn't hear about this! Wow, Arby's here I come!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They've been doing a different free item all summer... like... buy a small drink and get this free. Today was Beef n cheddar.

Stopped at Arby's on the way home. Stood for three minutes without a single person acknowledging me. Saw them prepping food without gloves. Left.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Subway today. Some lady next to my getting a drink was with her kid, probably 4 years old. This lady was unbelievably slow, and talking to the kid the entire time (sure, that's nice, but don't KEEP asking the kid questions and holding everyone up when he's not answering you.) Anyway, as she was getting her drink she looked over at my hip (I was looking across the eating area at the time), then slowly looked back at her drink. She stopped, told the kid "Let's use the one on the other side of the store", and walked over there. Wow. Pretty obnoxious and sad, to me at least.

I got pulled over on the way to work this morning. Officer was very nice, asked if I had anything in the car he should be aware of, I told him I had my USP 40 in my bag, he asked for license, then went back and checked my stuff. On the way back, yelled for me to show him my hands out the window, then approached and told me he appreciates me letting him know and for cooperating. Verbal warning, apparently I was tailgating the people in front of me a bit too close =/

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    You know out of nearly 60 stinking pages of OC and 100's if not 1000's of places visited we should have at least had one of us singled out and shot by a BG by now for not CC'ing! :dunno:

Come on folks get with the program! One of us is going to have to take one for the team soon or the CC'ers might just have to change their theory!!! :laugh:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    One of us is going to have to take one for the team soon or the CC'ers might just have to change their theory!!! :laugh:

It's someone else's turn.

For years now I have paraded around OCing. Most days I am targeted and shot several times. Various locations but always the same. They immediately take me out and then rob the joint or at least get my place in line for fountain drinks. Just lately I am starting to have days where I am not targeted and shot. Perhaps word is getting out that even unreasonable people can make reasoned choices and if they just wait a few minutes, I will leave.
    IDK but keep up the good work.:yesway:

(from another thread)

:D

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Currently in CO. Went to Gander Mountain, King Soopers, Verizon store and Auto Zone.

Guy in Auto Zone inquired about carrying. He asked about the legality and where you can/can not carry. Talked for a bit. When I was checking out he came up to the register with another guy. Asked me to show him that I was OC'ing and tell him it was legal. The guy didn't believe you could carry like that and lost fifty bucks to the other guy on the bet.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Currently in CO. Went to Gander Mountain, King Soopers, Verizon store and Auto Zone.

Guy in Auto Zone inquired about carrying. He asked about the legality and where you can/can not carry. Talked for a bit. When I was checking out he came up to the register with another guy. Asked me to show him that I was OC'ing and tell him it was legal. The guy didn't believe you could carry like that and lost fifty bucks to the other guy on the bet.

The guy who lost the money must have been one of the transplants from California.
    I lived in Colorado Springs for awhile, OCed everywhere and never got a second glance. Many people carried back in the early 90's when I was there.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Carried to the bookstore at the Purdue North Central campus in Westville to buy my Econ book. Plenty of stares, but no one was injured.

Washed the car because it's a nice sunny day, and I might have plenty of sunshine to drive around with the top down this week.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    The guy who lost the money must have been one of the transplants from California.
    I lived in Colorado Springs for awhile, OCed everywhere and never got a second glance. Many people carried back in the early 90's when I was there.

Maybe he used to be a Hammond police officer. They still think it is CC only. :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom