• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

darwin-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    My son in law carries with an IWB holster, but doesn't cover it up. He was at the Frankton Heritage Days this evening. a woman called the cops when she saw the gun. It sounds like the police officer was nice about it. He told my son in law that Indiana isn't issuing lifetime permits any more. Is this true?

Oh, I emailed my state representative about open carry issues in general and with permit holders getting harassed by police officers. I also sent him a link to the Indiana section of the Open Carry website. He said he'd check into it. He's a democrat, but very firmly supports the 2nd amendment.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Speedway for my morning caffeination, where the cashier asked me "Is that real?" Then off to Subway for a meatball sub that induced some quality guilt. The guy at Subway ended up giving me double meat for free.

Heading out to Fort Wayne tonight. Anything I should know?

By the way, I bought a DeSantis holster yesterday for my XDm (girlfriend "stole" my Uncle Mikes), and I take back any good things I've ever said about UM holsters. This DeSantis blows it out of the water.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington

By the way, I bought a DeSantis holster yesterday for my XDm (girlfriend "stole" my Uncle Mikes), and I take back any good things I've ever said about UM holsters. This DeSantis blows it out of the water.

Do you have the 9 or 40? I OC my XDm 40 in a Blackhawk SERPA. I haven't used a OWB leather holster yet.

I've OC'd a couple times in Ft. Wayne without any issues, and haven't read about any problems with FWPD and OC'ing yet. I'm not aware of any firearms policies at Glenbrook Mall, if you plan on going there, but I have only CC'd there.

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Speedway for my morning caffeination, where the cashier asked me "Is that real?" Then off to Subway for a meatball sub that induced some quality guilt. The guy at Subway ended up giving me double meat for free.

Which desantis did you get? I like the Tuck This holster, but I also have a speed scabbard for one of my revolvers.

I OC'd @ Hobby Lobby in Mishawaka. I went there to get some foam so I could make up some handgun cases out of some stuff I have lying around.

There was a guy there as I was getting my kids out of the car. He was putting his keys in his pocket and I saw that he had a Ruger LCP clipped to the outside of his front pocket. His t-shirt covered it up when he went inside the store though.
    was that any of you guys?

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Do you have the 9 or 40? I OC my XDm 40 in a Blackhawk SERPA. I haven't used a OWB leather holster yet.

I've OC'd a couple times in Ft. Wayne without any issues, and haven't read about any problems with FWPD and OC'ing yet. I'm not aware of any firearms policies at Glenbrook Mall, if you plan on going there, but I have only CC'd there.

I have the XDm 40.

I bought the left handed thumb break scabbard. Only left handed one in stock for the XD's. Purchased it from Blythes in Valpo. They're great people for everything but ammo. Cut the price from $70 to $55 and gave me the belt badge holder I found for my girlfriend for free.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Wal-mart this morning picking up my boy's birthday cake and party goodies.

County Market for more party goodies.

My boy's birthday party :D

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    OC'd at Mounds State Park. All through the city of Anderson on a long bike ride (past by several city and county LEO's). Wally World Anderson. McDonald's, Goodwill, and Tai Smile II in Muncie!

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I went through the local Pick 'n Flick (oops... County Market) last night. The price of cookie dough and soda there launched a devastating assault on my wallet, but none of the people I saw seemed to care about my G23.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    walmart, meijer , applebees , The teacher store , autozone....where someone asked about it.....he was former marine and asked what i carried. We had a cool conversation about he favorite handgun and all sorts of stuff....nice guy. I also took a walk with the dog passed what seems to be the swat/police training depot or somethin by my house....there were a bunch of out there and they saw the dag my gun and me and didnt say a word...Ive noticed the only people who see our firearms usually are maybe a few kids that are curious or ex police/military....BTW i carry a full size 1911 on a bladetech paddle holster.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    After my basic pistol course we went and ate at the Max & Irma's on 71st & 465. I usually try to sit with the gun to the inside of the booth, but the front door would have been behind me. No funny looks and nobody said a word.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Haven't updated here in a while, but every day has been the typical places. Kroger, Walmart, Best Buy, various Starbucks, various Fast Food, various drugstores and gas stations.

Been a while since I updated, and in that time I've not encountered any issues or comments for the most part. One guy in Starbucks "noticed it for the first time" and discussed it with me. Told me what he carries, as well as what type of Remington he has at home. Asked if I carry for Enforcement or what... I just said "personal", and he nodded with a smile.

To be honest, I'm craving some real cop interaction. Every time a sherrif or someone drives by in a parking lot, I always turn my OC side to them in a non-chalant way, hoping they stop and talk to me. I guess I'm doing it right... because carrying is getting boring XD

I've been speeding a bit... but not enough to get a ticket.... Man there's something wrong with me o.o

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    :popcorn:

cowboy.gif

:):

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    He wants to interact with us because we are so cool. I mean, who wouldn't want to hang with us? I can't say that I blame him. I would want to interact with me as well.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    He wants to interact with us because we are so cool. I mean, who wouldn't want to hang with us? I can't say that I blame him. I would want to interact with me as well.

I reckon LOL. Frankly, unless I'm having a beer with them at my house, I want them to leave me alone and go chase bad guys! I OC now and again, but I don't go sticking my hips out at the cops. Heck, you do that and they take note, you got no room to complain. Not that I want to discourage anyone from OC'ing, I'm just trying to understand the logic in baiting the cops.

Speaking of OC'ing, just got back from picking up my boy from school. He had a student council meeting (I'm still so proud of him for wanting to get involved like that) and couldn't take the bus home. Walked the puppy up so Sean go show her to his teacher. Not wanting to bait the cops (MWAG standing across the street from a school with a puppy and all :D), I CC'd there. Vest was the WRONG choice for today's humidity, so once we were away from the school I stripped it off and OC'd home.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom