kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Cool.
    You know you can OC in Michigan, right?

Here is what I was told. You can OC in Michigan, but if the police get complaints they will slap you with a misdemeanor disturbing the peace charge.

I can not confirm the accuracy of that statement. I chose not to risk it for one weekend and, sadly, concealed while in Michigan.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Here is what I was told. You can OC in Michigan, but if the police get complaints they will slap you with a misdemeanor disturbing the peace charge.

I can not confirm the accuracy of that statement. I chose not to risk it for one weekend and, sadly, concealed while in Michigan.
    Yes, that's entirely possible, but michiganopencarry.com (or .org, I don't remember) and the michigan guys on opencarry.org are doing their best to fight the local police that have a problem with open carry. My brother has been keeping me up to date with what they've been doing. Every time there's an incident, they've been having walks and BBQs in the town where the incident occurred, and letting the police chiefs know ahead of time that they'll be there. Nothing has happened during any events.

Sorry, now back to regular Indiana OC...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    There was a customer that OC'd in my store in Evansville yesterday. He walked in found what he wanted and paid for it. I asked what he was carrying. He told me a Ruger 9mm. He said he liked the fact that he had never had a problem with it. I agreed that when pulling the trigger a bang is the desired outcome. No screams, just me smiling from making a little profit! :)

:+1: rep'd :yesway:

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    Walgreens here in Nora at approx 22:45. Walked in and greeted the gentleman at the register, he said good evening as well. Walked back to the back and grabbed my drinks and went to go check out. Took my wallet out carefully as i was walking up to the register trying not to alert the guy. He smiled and asked if i was off duty. I told him i wasnt a cop and proudly and legally carry. He asked what i had and we spoke for a minute about the semi-recent robbery there. Said he has a Glock 23, told him he was lucky, wish i had the money for that and bid him good night. Happy to see understanding and appreciative people in my neighborhood.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Went to Kingsbury range with a friend today and then we went to Jimmy Johns on Ridge Road in Highland for lunch. No problems :)

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Thought I would give Chief Farrer from Pendleton a second chance. Carried in downtown Pendleton walking with wife and family and then to the park. Approx. an hour or 2 total, no problems at all!

Thanks Chief! (sincerely)

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Last weekend I OC'd all night.. I went to Borders Books, Outback Steakhouse, Back to Borders books for coffee and then out to the AMC theater behind the Greenwood mall for a movie. All OC and not one question or comment.

Oh and I was OC'ing my full size stainless 1911 in a Blackhawk serpa holster.

Defiantly got some looks from the kids hanging out at the theater, but again no comments or questions the entire night.

I have come to find this to be the norm, at least for me..

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Is your trip to the Bikeshop related to https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-oh_oh_oh_ssss_ouch_ouch_ouch.html#post576639

Hope you're healing well! Last time I went over the handlebars, it was because of a Canada goose charging me. (I hate geese.)

Nope it's a different bike. That little trick you linked to was so much fun I decide to get my road bike slicked up a little and see if I couldn't do it again only faster.:D

Not really, it is a different bike though more for riding on pavement. That other crash didn't hurt the stupid bicycle at all.

Friday I open carried to the Maple Street Resturaunt. I don't know who it was I saw, but I saw "you" tugging on your untucked Tshirt trying to hide a big old hog leg in there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom