• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

kcaskey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    If possiable I CC. When I OC I feel like I'm saying "Look at me". Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with OC, Just feel like everbody is watching me...

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    The Water Gets Deeper Here

If possiable I CC. When I OC I feel like I'm saying "Look at me". Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with OC, Just feel like everbody is watching me...

Me too! But, it gets better the more you do it. Find a holster/pistol thats not too obtrusive and OC once in a while.

Just remember, there are some tactical disadvantages to OC that mainly involve real time onsite intel. It is, however, way more convenient that an IWB. Just brave it once in a while. Its like swimming in deep water. Keep working at at.

Personally I think the social and psychological advantages of OC far outweigh the technical disadvantages. I encourage it and do it whenever possible.

I do it in the car all the time to/from work and when I get out at the gas station, etc where there is not much close contact with other people. Also in Rural Kings and Wal Marts, restaurants.

I know your paranoia, however, I've never caught anyone giving me the stare or ever had anyone make a comment. Regardless, I feel it too.

As someone once said on here, "Most people just assume you're law enforcement." Guess what? They're right. We're all law enforcement!

Good luck! Enjoy your freedom.

-NR

chiggins83187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Whitestown
    I did my 'first' OC last night. I've OC'd before, but when on my way to/from armed security jobs, so I have always been in my uniform...anyway, I got gas at The Admiral (Crawfordsville) last night. I was nervous b/c it's a small store, and thought they might freak. But, I usually fill up there every Sunday night so I've become a regular to the guy at the counter, and thought I'd try it out. No problems! :rockwoot:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm visiting my family in CO. I OC'd in a lil town called Byers. I went into a lil coffee shop and after standing at the counter for about 10 minutes I get yelled at. "HEY YOU A COP"? I drop my head and think to myself here we go. I turn to the guy and say no sir, just a citizen. He then gets this huge grin and says, right on, I wish more people would carry. We bashed I6BO for a few minutes and I went on my merry way.
    I'll see if it goes the same in Aurora and Colorado Springs.

Oh yeah I also OC'd on my way out to Greeley for the GSSF match.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Valpo Post Office. They now have a sign up that says no firearms, with sections 1 and 2 of 930 printed on it. Too bad they "forgot" 4d.

Town and Country for some yogurt and blueberries. Yum.

All around Lowell, while I did a valve adjustment on my Honda.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I got gas at The Admiral (Crawfordsville) last night. I was nervous b/c it's a small store, and thought they might freak.

There's a few of us in here in C'ville that keep them used to seeing armed citizens.

That Admiral typically has the cheapest gas price in town, too.:yesway:

chiggins83187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Whitestown
    There's a few of us in here in C'ville that keep them used to seeing armed citizens.

When I made the decision to OC, I thought to myself 'I wonder if ATM has de-virginized them to OC..."

That's pretty much the only place I go for gas, b/c it's always cheaper!

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Valpo Post Office. They now have a sign up that says no firearms, with sections 1 and 2 of 930 printed on it. Too bad they "forgot" 4d.

Town and Country for some yogurt and blueberries. Yum.

I know I posted this other places but I thought I would post it here as well since it was brought up again. It is my own personal campaign against the post office.

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > § 930

§ 930. Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities
    (a) Except as provided in subsection (d), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal facility (other than a Federal court facility), or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.
    (b) Whoever, with intent that a firearm or other dangerous weapon be used in the commission of a crime, knowingly possesses or causes to be present such firearm or dangerous weapon in a Federal facility, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.
    (c) A person who kills any person in the course of a violation of subsection (a) or (b), or in the course of an attack on a Federal facility involving the use of a firearm or other dangerous weapon, or attempts or conspires to do such an act, shall be punished as provided in sections 1111, 1112, 1113, and 1117.
    (d) Subsection (a) shall not apply to— (1) the lawful performance of official duties by an officer, agent, or employee of the United States, a State, or a political subdivision thereof, who is authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of any violation of law;
    (2) the possession of a firearm or other dangerous weapon by a Federal official or a member of the Armed Forces if such possession is authorized by law; or
    (3) the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful purposes.

(e) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal court facility, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.
    (2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to conduct which is described in paragraph (1) or (2) of subsection (d).

(f) Nothing in this section limits the power of a court of the United States to punish for contempt or to promulgate rules or orders regulating, restricting, or prohibiting the possession of weapons within any building housing such court or any of its proceedings, or upon any grounds appurtenant to such building.
    (g) As used in this section: (1) The term “Federal facility” means a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties.
    (2) The term “dangerous weapon” means a weapon, device, instrument, material, or substance, animate or inanimate, that is used for, or is readily capable of, causing death or serious bodily injury, except that such term does not include a pocket knife with a blade of less than 21/2 inches in length.
    (3) The term “Federal court facility” means the courtroom, judges’ chambers, witness rooms, jury deliberation rooms, attorney conference rooms, prisoner holding cells, offices of the court clerks, the United States attorney, and the United States marshal, probation and parole offices, and adjoining corridors of any court of the United States.

(h) Notice of the provisions of subsections (a) and (b) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal facility, and notice of subsection (e) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal court facility, and no person shall be convicted of an offense under subsection (a) or (e) with respect to a Federal facility if such notice is not so posted at such facility, unless such person had actual notice of subsection (a) or (e), as the case may be.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Had a pretty nice OC today. Went to the Kroger at 31 and Worthsville in South Greenwood. I used to work there long, long ago... and it's still full of the same people that worked there back then.

Grabbed a 12-pack and made my way to the self checkout. Two of the guys that I knew from before talked to me for a while, noticed my USP 40, had a nice discussion about it. One jokingly put it: "Gotta get 'em now before the libs take 'em away, right right?", hehe..

After that, went to the Marathon gas station on Emerson and Main. Opted to go in, just to see what it's like. I hear bad stories on hear about gas stations, so I got curious.

Even before I walked in they were watching through the glass :P

As I was just about done checking out, he said "You a detective or somethin'?"
    I responded: "No, I just work IT."

Hahaha.

dmpxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009

Very true, but it has too much water in it for my '68 BBC SS chevelle. So, I will never go there, no matter how cheap the gas is.

I hope I will see you at WHCC soon.

Cheers, D

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Downtown indy, around the circle, Inside Chase Bank, Inside Borders. No one said a word.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    I know I posted this other places but I thought I would post it here as well since it was brought up again. It is my own personal campaign against the post office.

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > § 930

(3) the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful purposes.

And until one of the many government lawyers can articulate to me how having a LTCH and carrying a firearm is not lawful carrying for a lawful purpose, I will continue to carry my weapons in the Post Office.

Psst, does my PTSD freebie still stand if I am brought to trial?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went up to the Keystone mall, to the Apple Store, then to Fry's Electronics.

Security walked right by me at the mall, so apparently they don't care?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Well ATFConsumer and I went to Wilbur Wright and of course we OC'd there, but afterwards we went to Applebee's in New Castle.
    We got a table right away, if anyone noticed we were carrying it wasn't evident.
    Our waiter came over and took our drink orders and he said "I just have to ask......... what is INGO tactical? :D :ingo: Yeah we got asked about our hats and that was it. :laugh::laugh:
    Great service and I'm sure we will be back.

medic67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Columbus IN
    I carried on the way to work today, stopped at the Circle K on the way. Two CPD officers were getting their coffee, both spoke then went right back to talking.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The big farmer's market/amish place south of Mishawaka, a bike shop, McDonalds, and Play it Again Sports.

Nobody cared.

Edit to add: I was also CCing
    :draw:

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    A&W in Lafayette for lunch, and two car lots. Interestingly, both salesmen took immediate note of the gun, and both asked. One merely asked what I was carrying, the other asked if I ever caught any crap for OC'ing. Told him the truth... he was one of only a handful to ever say anything about it. He said he carried concealed, and we had a good conversation about guns and planes. He was curious about whether or not one needed a LTCH to OC. He really is only the third person to ever say anything about my gun when OC'ing, and all three have been salesmen of one sort or another.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom