• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Started off going past my office, then to Marathon, BBandT Bank, Mark's Feed Store, Walmart, Thorton's Gas Station all in Louisville and then Dollar General, JayC Food Store on my way home tonight. Had a few comments, especially in Louisville. People tend to ask me if I'm a LEO and when I say no, they usually just smile and say OK.

Tonight I had a man say to me, "No body's gonna be messin with you!" as we were walking into the gas station, which I ignored, but then he asked about OC and having a license. I explained to him that in Kentucky you didn't need a license to OC, but that I was from Indiana and I had a license to either OC or CC. Our conversation had a lot of people looking at us, so I was glad when another cashier opened up so I could get my receipt and get back on the road again.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    He must have been a very trustworthy looking guy, or you are a trusting person. Not questioning your judgement, just making an observation that I would feel uncomfortable disarming myself and handing my piece to a total stranger. Plus its just been ingrained in me never to unholster in public unless its "for real". Maybe its just my suspicious nature coming to the surface, but...

I work in mental health, and in dealing with all sorts of folks, I have kinda learned to get a vibe for folks pretty quickly. He came across as very respectful, was genuinely curious, and a nice guy overall.

It didn't hurt that he was there with his female sig other, who appeared to be pregnant, and he probably looked to be about an inch shorter and about 80-100 lbs lighter. I figured that even with an unloaded weapon, if push came to shove, I could handle anything he threw at me.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Sorry been busy so behind on my posting this. Last week at the cardiologist's office for a consultation. Didn't even think about what I was going to have done. Older nurse never blinked when she pulled up my shirt to put the patch cables on. The younger nurse who was questioning me didn't react as well. No police were called.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Interesting...B and N has a no gun policy...I have been. I carrying mine twice a week since it opened 10+ years ago...I have CC'd by never OC'd....while having a friendly chat with two of the managers (friends) I asked and they quickly and seriously told me the no gun policy. We shared and left...I will continue to CC as usual.

GONZO!!!

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Interesting...B and N has a no gun policy...I have been. I siting mine twice a week since it opened 10+ years ago...I have CC'd by never OC'd....while having a friendly hat with two o the managers (friends) I asked and they quickly and seriously told me the no gun policy. We shared and left...I will continue to CC as usual.

GONZO!!!

Translation? Anyone? :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom