• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    It truly is amazing at how many people dont know exactly know what their basic constitutional rights are.

OC is not a "right". 2A gives you the right to keep and bear arms , IE carry a firearm on your person or keep one in your home, it doesn't say anything about what method you may or may not use to bare arms. In the current state of affairs state law defines this.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    It truly is amazing at how many people dont know exactly know what their basic constitutional rights are.

This is true. (Repped :rockwoot: )

If you OC regularly... I don't expect you to be able to recite every IC and case law that would cover your @$$,
    But knowing the basics and even a little common sense sure helps.

Went to a late lunch with a group of friends today at CiCi's Pizza Buffet on the southside of Indy...
    Only got a few head nods (that satisfactory head nod that you do with your bottom lip pressed onto your top lip) :rockwoot:

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Yesterday while getting rear ended at 34th & Meridan. Me driving a 4X4 Excursion Deisel with big trailer hitch, her driving a Pontiac Vibe. Needless to say, I drove home, she didn't. Called IMPD for a report, nice female officer got out of her car, walked up to us on sidewalk, looked at my 9mm in Serpa on right hip, looked up at me, then asked what happened, filed report, never mentioned anything. :yesway:

Today, at Toddy Shoppe LIquors in B-Burg, bought some beer & wine, guy behind counter: You gonna carry that thing after you drink all this?"
    Me: "I just might."
    Him: "Anyone every give you crap for carrying that thing?"
    Me: "Nope."
    Him: "You with the Hot Rods?"
    Me: "Nope, I'm a local."
    Then we discussed the carry laws here & in Arizona, then he said: "Well you come back here anytime you want. As a matter of fact, if you were to come back here Saturday around 1:00 AM, I would appreciate it!" :rockwoot:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'm OCing inside Lucas Oil Stadium.

colts.jpg

I didn't realize how hard it was to take a self-portrait.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Two nights ago, we went over to the in-laws house. I was OCing as I regularly do over there, when we pulled into the drive and noticed that Sockmonkey's grandmother was joining us for dinner. I've carried around her previously, but always CC just to keep the family peace.

I had no cover garment to toss on, and did not desire to untuck my shirt. Guess what, if Gram didn't know I carried, she sure does now.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Rub it in..

If I wanted to rub it in I would have also posted a picture of me OCing in the post office at South/Capitol across from LOS. ;)

What brand of holster is that? It's hard for me to tell from the picture, but looks like a very nice one. I'd like to get one like it.

It was made by INGO member grunt soldier. It is a nice holster and I wear it quite often.

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    Walmart in Westfield...3 teenage boys walked in right behind me...overheard one say "Oh, $#%! look at that" then lots of whispers and giggles...Please tell me I wasn't like that when I was a teenage boy (sigh..I was probably worse)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I haven't gotten the nerve up to completely open carry although I commonly OWB carry with just a T-shirt covering it. I'll call this semi-OC. hahaha Most of the time it's pretty obvious that I have a gun on as my T's tend to be more on the fitted side and the barrel of the 1911 usually sticks out the bottom. But the biggest reason is I only have a Fobus holster and quite frankly am a little embarrassed by this. hahahaha Once I get around to forming a OWB Kydex holster for it I will most likely go full out OC.

Anyway, for today's list of semi-OC:

Bank
    Sports Clips
    Target
    Harbor Freight
    Jo-Ann Fabrics
    The clearance racks at Gander Mountain (on sidewalk)
    Sunbelt Rentals
    Sears

What's wrong with a Fobus holster??

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    OC'd for the first time today. Was meeting a buddy at Gander Mtn to get his bow tuned up and help him sight it in (first bow he's ever owned), then we were going target shooting with pistols and rifle. Figured since we were going shooting, I'd just OC instead of CC. Stopped by Fastenal to grab some safety glasses before heading to Gander, then ran by Carson Arms to grab some .40 ammo for my buddy. Got a couple weird looks at Fastenal by one of the employees there and saw a guy kind of smirk going into Gander, but I'm figuring it was just because I was OC'ing an LC9 instead of a full size gun. :D I'll buy a full size soon enough. It was definitely MUCH more comfortable to OC, no doubt about it.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    OC'd for the first time today. Was meeting a buddy at Gander Mtn to get his bow tuned up and help him sight it in (first bow he's ever owned), then we were going target shooting with pistols and rifle. Figured since we were going shooting, I'd just OC instead of CC. Stopped by Fastenal to grab some safety glasses before heading to Gander, then ran by Carson Arms to grab some .40 ammo for my buddy. Got a couple weird looks at Fastenal by one of the employees there and saw a guy kind of smirk going into Gander, but I'm figuring it was just because I was OC'ing an LC9 instead of a full size gun. :D I'll buy a full size soon enough. It was definitely MUCH more comfortable to OC, no doubt about it.

I see your from TH too. Where do you shoot normally? Glad to hear you had a good day.

Also I OC'd to walmart on 46.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Tonight we went into Shelbyville for some errands. Found out what was wrong with the truck, nothing said at the shop. Then we went to Wal-Mart and walked around a while, grabbed some gas, went to King Buffett for supper and to Cabell's for a milkshake.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom