Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Yesterday in the Fort. Quizno's and Target. No issues whatsoever. On a side note at Target, there were an overwhelming amount of women shopping there. I didn't catch any eyeballing my "piece" though. Well maybe my wife.....;)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sitting in Expendables 2 right now. No issues so far. Movie starts in 20 minutes.

Let me know if it is worth the theater price, or if I should wait for cable!

Lowes in b-burg, Home Depot in Zionesville (or Carmel. Can't remember who annexed what), and the Hurricane Wings in the 'burg for dinner. Gonna be OC again at my IFWDA Board meeting tomorrow, but I think they are all used to me by now.

@GPIA7R - unless you were open carrying your light saber or Elf ears, you are in the wrong thread. :starwars:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Went to Midas Columbus earlier to get the truck's newest loud noise checked out, no problems OCing, truck needs work.

OC'd at the Bears of Blue River festival in Shelbville, CC'd over at the horse track to watch some harness racing, but returned to OC at the truck stop/Mickey D's to make a pit stop and grab a late snack.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    OC'd at Walgreens and Meijer on 135 in greenwood. Then target on southport road. Southern bowl in greenwood for my daughters 5th birthday party.

As usual, no problemos

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    OC'd at Hucks, Briar and Bean, Donut Bank, Olive Garden, IWLA, Wal Mart, Schnucks (grocery store), and around the neighborhood riding shotgun with my little brother driving the golf cart.

Sitting at the waiting area in Olive Garden a guy (who claims he met me before, and recognized my fiancee from her work) leaned over to me and said "Hey Bro, your heat is showing." I looked down, and looked at him and said, "Yeah, it tends to do that. Alot."

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I had a couple great conversations with people that were brought about solely because I was OC'ing my XD subcompact.

I ate a late dinner at the Panera Bread in Bloomington (I used to work there) and I was helping the employees do little things like mop and vacuum. There was a guy there working on the cooling unit for one of the coolers on the food line. He eventually started asking me about my sidearm and we hit it off right away. :D He commented on how small it is (my pistol! keep your mind out of the gutter) and we had a nice long conversation that covered guns, family members carrying (he needs to get a new gun for his wife), and (unfortunately) a brief meander into politics. He was a really nice guy, and he openly admitted to being "one of those crazy preppers". I asked if he was on INGO and he said he prefers not to have his name on lists. :tinfoil:

Then, when I was coming home to my apartment one of my neighbors was sitting outside smoking. He looks a little intimidating (shaved head, lots of tattoos, not a very pretty face) and my cordial "hey, how's it going?" turned into a discussion about guns and shooting. Turns out my neighbor is a military vet looking for a shooting buddy! He mentioned that his LTCH has lapsed and I recommended going through L1 for his prints.

I've been OC'ing around Bloomington on my motorcycle, including to Kroger, Marsh, the Showers building, Game Preserve, while helping move my sister into her new house, and to Nick's. Nobody has said anything negative, I've gotten a couple stares, and my sister's roommate's father pointed and said "is that pretend?" :ugh: I was busy moving heavy furniture so I didn't bother coming up with a witty response.

Also, (as if this post isn't long enough already) I was OC'ing my team INGO shirt at the bar I work at and I had several people give me compliments. A couple people have said they're on here too, and several others have thanked me for exercising my rights. :ingo:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Big OC day today:

Started downtown for an interview at the City-county building... I wasn't carrying my USP, but I did have my knife. Recruiter was walking there with me, and mentioned that they have metal detectors, and was surprised when I said I had a knife :P She held it for me until I finished my interview.

Afterward, headed to Starbucks. Barista mentioned that it would have been humorous if I'd went to my interview there with my gun.

Liquor store, the usual.

Then onto PNC. Teller said "You know how many questions I get when you come in here?" I laughed. She says it doesn't bother her, because her husband carries all the time. She tells them I'm in there all the time with a gun.

Then onto Fifth-Third for a deposit, tellers were staring and quiet, as usual.

Probably Meijer later tonight.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Last night at Cabela's in Hammond. There was a Hammond squad car parked in the semi-circle drive with the engine running but nobody inside the car. As I walked through the first set of doors, the officer was on his way out pushing a shopping cart full of stuff. We made eye contact and I presume he saw my piece as my right side was toward his right side, nothing was said. When I first saw him I thought to myself "oh boy here we go" because I've heard some bad things about Hammond's attitude toward OC. But apparently this officer does not go along with the anti-gunners. I hope that was the case.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Michigan city buffalo wild wings, asked to leave by manager. Informed him that 23000+ Indiana gun owners would be notified of this, then educated him because he seemed think telling people with guns that they couldn't have them would stop anyone, including criminals. Also there was no sign on the door.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Last night at Cabela's in Hammond. There was a Hammond squad car parked in the semi-circle drive with the engine running but nobody inside the car. As I walked through the first set of doors, the officer was on his way out pushing a shopping cart full of stuff. We made eye contact and I presume he saw my piece as my right side was toward his right side, nothing was said. When I first saw him I thought to myself "oh boy here we go" because I've heard some bad things about Hammond's attitude toward OC. But apparently this officer does not go along with the anti-gunners. I hope that was the case.

So did Cabelaas say anything? Last time I was in there they wanted to ask me if I had a weapon in my shoulder bag. I just smiled as I walked on... If they don;t really care aobut OC, and if you are CC's on your belt, why would they feel tehy need to ask a man about what's in the bag?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So did Cabelaas say anything? Last time I was in there they wanted to ask me if I had a weapon in my shoulder bag. I just smiled as I walked on... If they don;t really care aobut OC, and if you are CC's on your belt, why would they feel tehy need to ask a man about what's in the bag?

Their policy is to "check" all firearms that are coming in for sale/trade/service. Mostly to be sure they are safe (unloaded, etc...) before you get to the counter. Carried handguns are not there for service, so.....

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

Cabela's is fine with OC or CC, either one. The gun check is for guns brought into the store for service. The gun check does not apply to weapons legally carried for self-defense by LTCH holders. I have confirmed this with Cabela's staff on a previous visit. As long as you are not planning to unholster the weapon in the store, and otherwise legal, you're good.

Read this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...fense/203180-hammond_loses-8.html#post3054836

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom