• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    To Michaels, then to Rally's, then to Walmart, and then to Sams Club, all with my lovely fiancee.

No comments, no questions, no stares, no shootings, and no 5 year old girls attempting to disarm me. Good day.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Interesting...B and N has a no gun policy...I have been. I carrying mine twice a week since it opened 10+ years ago...I have CC'd by never OC'd....while having a friendly chat with two of the managers (friends) I asked and they quickly and seriously told me the no gun policy. We shared and left...I will continue to CC as usual.

GONZO!!!

I'd ask your friends to show you that policy in writing stating that customers can't carry in their stores. I OC at B&N in Avon all the time with out issues.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Let's see...

Hucks, Walmart, Strictly Shooting, Best Buy, Briar and Bean, Donut Bank.

Last night me and the fiancee went to a new japanese place named "Teppenyaki" and got a bunch of weird stares at the buffet. Oddly enough, when she was with me, no stares, when I was up there alone, stares.. Hmm..

Birdman002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    South Bend
    Well i carried to Burger King for lunch then after went to Martins and got some dinner, after went to the gas station.

On a side note Im finally very comfortable in OCing everywhere now, it had been a concern of mine for my first couple months of OC, now its no biggie.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Interesting...B and N has a no gun policy...I have been. I siting mine twice a week since it opened 10+ years ago...I have CC'd by never OC'd....while having a friendly hat with two o the managers (friends) I asked and they quickly and seriously told me the no gun policy. We shared and left...I will continue to CC as usual.

GONZO!!!

There's nothing like drunken posting :alcoholic: :buddies: 'fer the LOLs...! :laugh:

Translation? Anyone? :dunno:

Challenge-Accepted.jpg

First...into actual English ;) :

Interesting...B and N has a no gun policy. I have been carrying mine twice a week since it opened 10+ years ago. I have CC'd, but I have never OC'd. While having a friendly hat
    eco_friendly_hat-p148789635214591164enxqz_400.jpg
    :laugh:

...with two of the managers (friends), I asked and they quickly and seriously told me the no gun policy. We shared and left...I will continue to CC as usual.

GONZO!!!

日本語で:
    面白い。。。バーンズ・アンド・ノベルは銃剣禁止方針がある。 十年以上の開店から、毎週二回に俺の銃を携帯している。 隠し持ってことがあるが、そこで見えるように持ち入ることがない。 二人管理者(友達)と友人的な帽子を持ちながら、管理者を聞いて、早くってまじめに銃剣禁止方針について教えてくれた。お話を終了次第に出かけた。。。日常ように俺は銃剣を持ち歩く。
    ;) :ingo:

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    It's my LACK of drinking that causes me to fat finger too much when typing on this dang small phone! LOL

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Kroger again. No fireworks. One question from a nicer, older lady while she was feeding me a Powerbar sample; the quite common "are you a policeman?"

Slightly more interesting interaction with the cashier manning the U-Pay kiosks.

Her: "You may think I'm crazy, but I'm from a state where people aren't allowed to have guns and I don't get you carrying one in a grocery store".
    Me: Well, lucky for you, you now live in a state that respects both your 2nd Amendment right, and your right to protect yourself if need be.
    Her: But there are kids in a grocery store, there shouldn't be guns. Why do you need one here?
    Me: Remember the Kroger on 71st street?
    Her: Oh.
    Me: Have a nice day, miss.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    A couple months ago, I had a funny interaction with a Meijer employee. I was ready to enter one of the checkout lanes, but I was counting my items to see if I was "12 or fewer". The lady at the register said, "Come on in this lane." She was a slightly flirtatious black lady in her mid 50s. (No, race isn't important here... but I think black women in that age range tend to flirt in a unique way.) When I told her I was counting my items, she told me it didn't matter, and if anyone did complain about my being over the limit, I could just draw my gun. After I paid, I said "Have a nice day," and she replied, "You, too. I was hoping you'd get a chance to use that gun... I'm kinda disappointed."

She was a hoot.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Kroger again. No fireworks. One question from a nicer, older lady while she was feeding me a Powerbar sample; the quite common "are you a policeman?"

Slightly more interesting interaction with the cashier manning the U-Pay kiosks.

Her: "You may think I'm crazy, but I'm from a state where people aren't allowed to have guns and I don't get you carrying one in a grocery store".
    Me: Well, lucky for you, you now live in a state that respects both your 2nd Amendment right, and your right to protect yourself if need be.
    Her: But there are kids in a grocery store, there shouldn't be guns. Why do you need one here?
    Me: Remember the Kroger on 71st street?
    Her: Oh.
    Me: Have a nice day, miss.

Perfect response to a legitimate (legitimate considering her conditioned state of mind) question. +1 to you!

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Can someone educate me on the whole "rep" situation that won't allow me to add to rockhopper's rep? I keep getting a message that I need to "spread it around" but I gave rep to someone else last and have given any rep today?

The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile
    Started the day by visiting my local barber (New Haven) for a much needed haircut. Got a couple of looks from a grandpa/grandson duo. I guess the grandfather didn't want his grandson to be influenced by the evil thing hanging on my hip because after about 5 minutes he and the grandson switched places.

Later, went down to the Barr Street Market (Fort Wayne) to visit fellow INGO'er Fixer and his wife who have a home-based cupcake business and are there every Saturday. Had a gentleman say "Hi". I overheard his companion say that I must be security, or just have an attitude. She turned and looked at me, smiled and said "Have a nice day". I smiled back, and said "You too."

Hung out at the cupcake stand for about an hour or so without incident. ** Warning: Shameless Plug ** Fixer and his wife (collectively known as Just Dessertz) makes a damn fine cupcake.

:rockwoot:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    This evening the family got together at the Marietta Fish Fry so we could get our semi-annual fish sandwiches and to see all the community members we know. At first there was one sherrif's deputy walking around. Then there were two deputies. Then after we were done eating and were just hanging around and visiting with old friends, there were three.

I walked by all three at one point or another while we were there and not a word was said. I know they saw me, one especially, since he was standing next to the line for the pineapple whip stand. I ignored him but I saw him glance down a couple of times out of the corner of my eye.

I didn't see anyone else aside from the deputies and I OCing, but I wouldn't doubt that there were other people carrying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom