• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    i openly carried in johnson county and was chewed out by a Deputy Sherrif that needs to be retrained and told that HE does not make the law, only enforces it.. i am starting to lose respect for some LEO's at the cyclic rate. is it that hard to learn that IN is a state which allows open carry of a firearm by a licensed individual? or maybe they ones on a power trip just want to test OC'ers to see if they actually know the law..? and then to lie to me and try and make me look bad in front of a crowd that gathered to see what was going, you tell me to read my LTCH and i will know that its only CCW in the State of IN... well johnson county deputy Worthington, you sir have lost the respect of me, and MANY of the people that watched you make a fool of yourself

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3245929#post3245929

link to my post about it.

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    i openly carried in johnson county and was chewed out by a Deputy Sherrif that needs to be retrained and told that HE does not make the law, only enforces it.. i am starting to lose respect for some LEO's at the cyclic rate. is it that hard to learn that IN is a state which allows open carry of a firearm by a licensed individual? or maybe they ones on a power trip just want to test OC'ers to see if they actually know the law..? and then to lie to me and try and make me look bad in front of a crowd that gathered to see what was going, you tell me to read my LTCH and i will know that its only CCW in the State of IN... well johnson county deputy Worthington, you sir have lost the respect of me, and MANY of the people that watched you make a fool of yourself

Details, man! DETAILS!

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Lets see... Met a friend at Donut Bank this morning, headed to the range, made some booms, then we parted ways and I went to Starbucks, Taco Johns, Hucks, Briar and Bean (CC'd here, I was working), Marathon for a can of dip after work (see below). Went to Walgreens this evening for some nasal strips and nyquil for my fiancee, and then I swung by Hucks again for my drink..

At Marathon the lady behind the counter asked me about my gun.. Conversation as follows.

L=Lady M=Me

...After ringing up my purchase

L- Is that a gun on your hip?
    M- Yes mam
    L- Do you have your license?
    M- Yes I do.
    L- Well be safe, don't shoot you're ass off.
    M- Have a nice night.

Unedited, that's exactly how it went down.

Muzzleloaderbill

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Ligonier
    Made me smile.

We went to the swap meet in Shipshewana on US20 on Friday night. To set up for in the morning. I OC the whole time. On Saturday a family walked by. The dad had a lever action rifle. Than I see his wife and two boys each had a rifle. I told them it puts a smile on my face to see a well armed family. Also talked to the guy set up next to us. He had moved here from Iowa a few months ago. Ask me if it was legal to OC in Indiana. I told him it was and about LTCH. Also told him to get on INGO:ingo:. Said if he had anymore ?. This would be the place for help.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    Out with the wife to pick up some things for the nieces birthday party last night...Claire's on the southside (wow earing places are "odd"...as are the employees), Walgreens on 331, then to Meijer. All as it should be. Not even a second look from anyone....not even from the odd he-she type person-thing :gheyhi: in the earing store.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Yesterday we took an overnight trip. To Indiana Dunes State Park,around Porter IN,Chesterton IN,and Portage IN OC'd all around. Bass Pro was very nice in Portage by the way.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nothing special today, walked around the neighborhood, went to the store, and stopped by Chik Fil A for lunch/dinner. Cashier was smiling the entire time I was there, and put the name "Heisenberg" on my order/receipt.

Note: I'm bald, wearing a pork-pie hat, and have a goatee. This is fitting, and awesome.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    Nothing special today, walked around the neighborhood, went to the store, and stopped by Chik Fil A for lunch/dinner. Cashier was smiling the entire time I was there, and put the name "Heisenberg" on my order/receipt.

Note: I'm bald, wearing a pork-pie hat, and have a goatee. This is fitting, and awesome.

:):Do you happen to drive a Pontiac Aztec, which a spare tire that you never replace:):

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Had to get the oil change on my car. Went to the Duke of Oil in Hobart. I need to take the wife's van there to. It's about do for a oil change.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Headed into town and had my fiancee drop me off at HiTek in Sellersburg while she went down to the fabric store. She picked me back up, and we went to Rural King, and picked up some tools. Then to Chillers for some ice cream, (which we ate on the patio,) and finally Meijer for groceries.

No comments or staring or mass murders. Uneventful day.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Wally world in Monticello...Mickey Ds ....also Brown Tire in Delphi and hardware store in Delphi...got into a OC/CC conversation with a gentleman in a Delphi FD t-shirt...he was unaware that Indiana did not differentiate between CC and OC...he asked me if I was a LEO and I replied that I was not...he was a little surPrised that I wasn't and seemed interested in the knowledge I shared with him. He stated that he C Cs. Good day today

GONZO!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom