• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I was OC'ing my Sig p250 while doing laundry, and had two positive interactions. The first was a guy who had moved from Michigan, and wanted to know about IN handgun laws. The other was a young guy with his sig other, who asked if I was carrying "a nine." After unloading and safety checking, I let him see my weapon, and he told me how it reminded him of a gun his dad had- a sentiment I understand, since I inherited most of my dad's handguns. Good times were had by all.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Wally World in Logansport yesterday...however, I left my OWB holster at home so i wore my IWB with my cocked and locked 1911...no jacket on...does this still count as OC since it was plainly visible or is it a CC...perhaps an OC/CC.... LOL

GONZO!!!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I was OC'ing my Sig p250 while doing laundry, and had two positive interactions. The first was a guy who had moved from Michigan, and wanted to know about IN handgun laws. The other was a young guy with his sig other, who asked if I was carrying "a nine." After unloading and safety checking, I let him see my weapon, and he told me how it reminded him of a gun his dad had- a sentiment I understand, since I inherited most of my dad's handguns. Good times were had by all.

He must have been a very trustworthy looking guy, or you are a trusting person. Not questioning your judgement, just making an observation that I would feel uncomfortable disarming myself and handing my piece to a total stranger. Plus its just been ingrained in me never to unholster in public unless its "for real". Maybe its just my suspicious nature coming to the surface, but...

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Sport Clips on Southport RD for me weekly/every other week hair cut. Only problem I had is the people in the breakroom wanting to do a MWAG call on me!!!!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Beech Grove Kroger on Thomspson. Ran into another INGOer, BRILEY, OCing his SVE40..

(OK, technically I wasnt OCing, my shirt had fallen over my handgun.. but I OC there a couple times a week :) )

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I thought Hooters was anti-carry?

I didn't have any problems. The manager even came out and asked us if we wanted to play a few rounds of cornhole and maybe win some free wings..

As for today: I went to Staples this morning to get some school stuff, and had a old lady stare at me as I was checking out, when we made eye contact, I was expecting bug eyes, but instead got a smile and nod. Kind of made my day.

I unholstered before I went into college (Ivy-Tech won't let us carry unless we are "In uniform Police Officers"), but forgot to take off my holster (it's just a little leather slide that goes on my belt) because I was running a little late.

Between classes (I have thirty minutes) one of the officers in the building came up to me and asked if I knew I still had my holster on, and I laughed and told him I forgot to take it off in my rush to get into class this morning.

We had a nice little chat about what gun I carry, what gun I want to get next, and the fact that he hates how they have to carry Glocks (EPD). Overall good experience, from what I could tell me having my holster on didn't bother him in the least, but I did take it off because I felt somewhat foolish walking around with a empty holster.

Evidently we're allowed to keep our guns in our cars on campus, just not into the buildings. Ugh.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    "The Walmart" in Southtown Crossing in the Fort. Stopped to grab a few things for the wifey to make dinner with. No problems as usual there. Well, OK I lied. There shopping carts have the crappiest casters/wheels in the entire world. I ALWAYS get a bad one!

Birdman002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    South Bend
    CptNervous and I went to Hacienda for dinner, and then when i got home there were 3 cop cars around my apartments, and I walked past two SBPD police officers, said good evening, and they said good evening as well, no questions asked +1 for them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom