• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I don't know how one OCs in this weather. Unless of course you remove your jacket once you get inside.

Like this:
    20141202_145121-1_zpsx9jrhggk.jpg

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I carried in MI and it was my understanding it's a CC states, so I cc'd and had no issues. Wasn't stopped by the police for traffic violations so didn't have the chance to inform L.E. about my handgun.

OC is legal in Michigan but it isn't the norm. I just CC as a rule of thumb when I'm up there just to avoid the hassle. No carry at all in establishments with over 50% revenue from alcohol and no drinking either.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    OC is legal in Michigan but it isn't the norm. I just CC as a rule of thumb when I'm up there just to avoid the hassle. No carry at all in establishments with over 50% revenue from alcohol and no drinking either.

Maybe 8 or 9 years ago I walked from the truck across a hotel parking lot in Sellersburg, IN without a concealment garment covering my gear. A few guys I knew from Michigan (we were all at Silver Creek for a big match) saw me and FREAKED OUT. They were certain I was breaking the law as well as committing some unholy lightning-strike-worthy blasphemy as well. I don't know if they were typical of Michigan residents, but they certainly were not accustomed to open carry by private citizens. Naturally, I made sure I continued to do it. Heh.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Cashier in Arby's today peered over and asked, "Is that a Gen 3 or Gen 4?" I responded that it was a Gen 3, and he said he just got a Gen 4 Glock 19 with some sort of Call of Duty motif on Armslist. I asked if he knew Ingunowners, he says he follows it on Facebook.

We were going to continue discussing firearms, but more customers came in behind me

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Went to Deb's with the wife to break in her new Nano. As much as everyone hates on that place, the people there are nice to us. Then we went down to Southlake mall, looked at all the tacky Christmas sweaters, and stopped by Gander Mtn. around the corner. I walked out after I saw Blackhawk ar mags for $39.99. Hit up a McD's on the way back home. I was surprised because of the busload of kids that were there. Probably 100 kids with parents. Last stop was the humane society in Highland to surprise the wife with a new kitten for Christmas. Not once did anyone notice my piece.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Went to Deb's with the wife to break in her new Nano. As much as everyone hates on that place, the people there are nice to us. Then we went down to Southlake mall, looked at all the tacky Christmas sweaters, and stopped by Gander Mtn. around the corner. I walked out after I saw Blackhawk ar mags for $39.99. Hit up a McD's on the way back home. I was surprised because of the busload of kids that were there. Probably 100 kids with parents. Last stop was the humane society in Highland to surprise the wife with a new kitten for Christmas. Not once did anyone notice my piece.

You OC'd at Southlake???
    I've known people made to leave cause of that.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Do you OC in the area? I'm in Highland so now that far from you... just curious how much OC goes on in the northwest part of the state.

I'm in Hammond, about five blocks from the border. I'm determined to oc as much as I can, if only to dispell the stigma. In the 7 months I've lived here, I've only seen one person oc. He was at the Ultra, down the street from Cabelas. Looked like he had a 1911.

Top Bottom