• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Unintentionally OCed a bit today on my way into Big R (Dunlap). The wind was blowing pretty good and blew my coat up while I was walking in. S&W Shield in leather OWB. Got a little bit of a look from a lady coming out of the store, but it didn't seem like a bad look, just a curious one. Probably helped I was still in my work clothes. I think that's the first time I've ever seen anyone actually notice I was carrying.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Yesterday in South Bend: Lowes, Kroger, Gordon Food Service, Midwest Gun Exchange. In Plymouth, Wagoner's Music Shop and another Kroger's.

In the parking lot at the Plymouth Kroger store the shopping cart collector guy asked me if I'd shoot a F-150 in the handicap spot because it's horn had been blowing for about 15 min and they had announced it several times in the store with no response. His was the only comment I got.

And no, I didn't shoot the truck.

Dale1320

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    Brownsburg
    Today in Avon at Menards, Lowes, Gander Mountain and Walmart. I'm not sure anyone even noticed. If they did, I didn't get any comments or strange looks at all, none that I noticed anyway.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Wings Etc, Walmart, PNC, BP

Have you ever had the police called on you for carrying into PNC? Any other issues by bank tellers or customers? Since I started open carrying last summer, this is the one area I am still hesitant to do because of the potential knee jerk reaction of the sheep. Bank+gun=Bad News type of garbage. Howver, if you really think about it OC makes more sense in a bank. If a teller or customer glimpses my concealed weapon, they don't know if I am a criminal or law-abiding citizen. On the other side of the coin, I would imagine that a criminal intent on robbing the bank probably will never OC. So, in my head, OC in a bank is safer for me as a law-abiding citizen.

I just can't get past the thought that I could be peacefully minding my own business in my bank when I could suddenly be surrounded by adrenalin-fueled police officers thinking they are stopping a potential bank robbery. What say you, GPIA7R?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Have you ever had the police called on you for carrying into PNC? Any other issues by bank tellers or customers? Since I started open carrying last summer, this is the one area I am still hesitant to do because of the potential knee jerk reaction of the sheep. Bank+gun=Bad News type of garbage. Howver, if you really think about it OC makes more sense in a bank. If a teller or customer glimpses my concealed weapon, they don't know if I am a criminal or law-abiding citizen. On the other side of the coin, I would imagine that a criminal intent on robbing the bank probably will never OC. So, in my head, OC in a bank is safer for me as a law-abiding citizen.

I just can't get past the thought that I could be peacefully minding my own business in my bank when I could suddenly be surrounded by adrenalin-fueled police officers thinking they are stopping a potential bank robbery. What say you, GPIA7R?

I've never had a police-incident at the PNC's I bank at. I've been often to the large PNC building in Greenwood, the PNC on West 86th, and one near Stone's Crossing.

The one in Greenwood asked me about it once, and I explained Indiana laws with regards to carrying in a bank. They were confused... and still thought it was illegal... but didn't care enough to make it an issue.

The one on West 86th has a security guy in there sometimes. He's never mentioned it when I carry in there. Just gives me a nod as I leave.

Before PNC, I carried into Fifth-Third quite often. Again, never as issue outside of explaining Indiana law to a teller that's curious.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I carry at banks (not PNC though), no problem.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I've never had a police-incident at the PNC's I bank at. I've been often to the large PNC building in Greenwood, the PNC on West 86th, and one near Stone's Crossing.

The one in Greenwood asked me about it once, and I explained Indiana laws with regards to carrying in a bank. They were confused... and still thought it was illegal... but didn't care enough to make it an issue.

The one on West 86th has a security guy in there sometimes. He's never mentioned it when I carry in there. Just gives me a nod as I leave.

Before PNC, I carried into Fifth-Third quite often. Again, never as issue outside of explaining Indiana law to a teller that's curious.
    I carry at banks (not PNC though), no problem.
    I've never had an issue at Key Bank

Thanks for the replies, guys! Due to warmer weather yesterday, I am back to my preferred method of carry. :)

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    OC'ed in the Ed Martin Nissan of Fishers dealership, Wal-Mart on 96th St attempting to locate some .380 ammo, Wal-Mart on S. Emerson where I did locate some .380 ammo, Menards in Avon, and Parabellum.

An employee of the S. Emerson St Wal-Mart said "That's a nice piece. What is it?" He then asked if it was for target practice. I stated it was for self defence. He stepped back, looked at me in silence for a couple seconds then walked off. Other than that, no one else really seemed to notice.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Publicly open-carried for the first time ever today. S&W Shield in Blackhawk Serpa. I could have worn my coat but decided to try going without. Carried getting gas at Kroger and then in Kroger while buying some salad. Nobody said anything, but man I was nervous. I have a lot more respect now for those of you that OC all the time. I know I could probably get used to it, but man, it felt weird.

Bigdog357

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    Indiana
    I have beem wanting to open carry for the last couple months, now with the warmer weather I OC twice in the last two days. Twice at a Meijers and a fast food restaurant and at Applebees in Warsaw, no issues, wife said I got a couple looks from women, I didn't notice. I have been carrying with an OWB holster all winter so it felt natural to carry just without my jacket. I liked the feeling of freedom and plan to continue to OC when I feel appropriate. I would like to see more people exercising their rights, the public would not be so paranoid if it was common place. I was carrying a Walther PPS in Blackhawk leather holster.

Top Bottom