• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I don't constantly think of the firearm on my hip. I just go about my business and it manages to follow me around and not cause any problems. Don't give it a second's thought going anywhere that isn't illegal. I guess that comes with time and experience. Some of you guys will get there eventually...maybe.

Well we can always hope :):

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Nothing. meant to answer the question, and got sidetracked by topic. Maybe cigarettes werent the best comparison. Still, folks who carry are a minority (you guys know that right?). I think others are more likely to see our point of view when we are not poking them in the eye with our "Right".

There. That ought to fan the flames

What part of "concealed is concealed" has you confused?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't tell if they don't ask. I also don't divulge whether I have a wallet or money clip, or how much money I have or whether or not I have boxers or briefs or none at all. In other words, if it's on my person it's none of their business.
    Since when is visiting someone grounds for full disclosure of anything?

I was going to say something like that but I can't top your clarity.:yesway:

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    Well I guess everyone is different. Seems we live in a society that is growing more and more segregated. I can see that here. Occasionally I have reason to visit folks while representing my Church, My Lodge or My Company. These are situations where I would not consider carrying into another persons home at all. I see it as respect. Obviously others would view it differently. I guess if there is a home invasion and I get whacked while visiting someone for one of these reasons. My Life insurance pays out and some can say "I told him so".

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Well I guess everyone is different. Seems we live in a society that is growing more and more segregated. I can see that here. Occasionally I have reason to visit folks while representing my Church, My Lodge or My Company. These are situations where I would not consider carrying into another persons home at all. I see it as respect. Obviously others would view it differently. I guess if there is a home invasion and I get whacked while visiting someone for one of these reasons. My Life insurance pays out and some can say "I told him so".

The misguide is strong with this one.

I love my family more than that to think an insurance policy can replace their father and husband.

Oh, and you need to change your user name because that one does not seem to fit.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    The misguide is strong with this one.

I love my family more than that to think an insurance policy can replace their father and husband.

Oh, and you need to change your user name because that one does not seem to fit.

I carry a firearm when it seems appropriate for me to do so. Seems to me, that to think being separated from my rosco long enough to pay someone a visit constitutes putting my families welfare at risk is a stretch. I have life insurance because I do care deeply about my Family and Accidents happen. I know I will die one day, but I will not allow fear to rule the day.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Until it's not.

Precisely.

If its concealed, its concealed. No one knows, no one cares.

If its openly carried, they'll know immediately and if they have an issue with it, that'll be my last visit to their house.

If you're visiting on business, conceal out of respect if you wish.

Personally, I OC whenever possible, and I make no excuses or apologies for myself; if you don't care to have me around, rest assured that I will leave and not return. Life is too short to worry about what everybody else thinks about you; worry about yourself, and your family. Stay armed for them.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I carry a firearm when it seems appropriate for me to do so. Seems to me, that to think being separated from my rosco long enough to pay someone a visit constitutes putting my families welfare at risk is a stretch. I have life insurance because I do care deeply about my Family and Accidents happen. I know I will die one day, but I will not allow fear to rule the day.

I wear a seatbelt everytime I get in the car. Is it out of fear? No. I am unable at this time to predict when an accident will happen so I must be ready at all times. For me it is not out of fear - it is out of my sense of responsibility.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My brother (probably) and his rat wife (almost definitely) would probably pee their pants if they knew I'd cc'd in their house, but it's not an issue until they know, and it would be poetic justice if some slackjawed crackheads busted in and I was able to deal with them.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    My brother (probably) and his rat wife (almost definitely) would probably pee their pants if they knew I'd cc'd in their house, but it's not an issue until they know, and it would be poetic justice if some slackjawed crackheads busted in and I was able to deal with them.

Must be a fun Thanksgiving dinner:D

And dont forget to look at post #69.

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Here's what I do:

People know I have/carry firearms. Whether they have firearms in their house or not, I pull the homeowner(s) to the side, and say, I have my EDC on me, is it ok if I leave it on top of your fridge, or in a safe cabinet? I don't feel comfortable leaving it in my vehicle. I have never once had a problem with being respectful. I feel it's better to just say so, than to have a t-shirt ride up, a pant leg to un-conceal, or etc. and then have to explain in front of a group.

Personally, I don't care if someone carries in my home. But, that's my house. Someone else's house...someone else's rules. Could I carry and not tell anyone, sure. But, again...these people are family. It's only a sign of respect to let them know. Even John Wayne hung his gun belt up at the door....

Top Bottom