• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    But ... but ... a tangent can't depart the underlying curve (rail) of the thread at too sharp an angle and still be a tangent. Surely backtracking will clear that right up

Reported for geometry. Or trigonometry. Something math-related.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're ignoring me aren't you. (it's my breath isn't it?)

I was headed to the John Deere site but yours will work.

if it makes anybody feel better I'm just as lost an anybody else. And why would I ignore you Mr. Gary?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My friend, I don't know if I need more coffee or you need less hydrocodone, but I'm completely lost in this tangent. :D

Bipolar dude hucked a concrete planter through a cop's window after a BLM argument on Facebook. I'll post it again.

https://www.policeone.com/investiga...ment-about-Black-Lives-Matter/?nlid=197466044

The uncle of a man fatally shot by an off-duty St. Louis County police officer said his nephew had been arguing with the officer on Facebook about Black Lives Matter.
    Police said the officer shot Tyler Gebhard, 20, after he threw a 50-pound concrete planter through a window to enter the officer's Lakeshire home.

Brogan said his nephew, a former Affton High School football standout who graduated in 2014, suffered from bi-polar disorder and sometimes didn't take his medicine.
    "He had a lot of mental problems the last few months," Brogan said. "A lot of difficulties in life."

Soo, yet again someone mentally ill takes the narrative and bad things happen.

Oh, and Facebook is also once again proven to be the work of the devil.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Dammit, Janet. Premature repification. Again.

I wondered if there was a real/spoof thread I missed. Sure enough. That was it.

But... uh... without getting too awkward... what's the deal with the naked nut?*

(Rep for whoever recognizes the LL Cool J lyric.) :)

On INGO? Lol, you'd probably be better off with a Joe Cocker reference.... I'll match your rep, if somebody knows it without looking it up.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    On INGO? Lol, you'd probably be better off with a Joe Cocker reference.... I'll match your rep, if somebody knows it without looking it up.

Already checked, I think the first couple lyric sites in a search have the line wrong. If someone knows it, it is because they heard it. :D

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I hope you won't. (in ALL honesty I'm trying to learn)

By the by, did you think about becoming a mentor?

I did that for years, from high school until a few years after graduating college. Grade schools, high schools, conferences. When my dad was part of Washington HS's Aviation ROTC Program, I regularly spoke to the kids. I'm pretty civic-minded, and really love kids (not in the pedo way sickos). Help out with local campaigns (which I'm sure people will be surprised for a Republican candidate). It's stuff I enjoy doing naturally. I even keep tabs on some of the juveniles I've arrested over the years.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    I did that for years, from high school until a few years after graduating college. Grade schools, high schools, conferences. When my dad was part of Washington HS's Aviation ROTC Program, I regularly spoke to the kids. I'm pretty civic-minded, and really love kids (not in the pedo way sickos). Help out with local campaigns (which I'm sure people will be surprised for a Republican candidate). It's stuff I enjoy doing naturally. I even keep tabs on some of the juveniles I've arrested over the years.

You warm my heart! I'll rep you as soon as I figure out how.

Ha got you!

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When this thread started I had plenty to say and I said some of it. A wise man once told me... God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason, you should listen twice as much as you speak. So I did just that and as a result I have a better understanding of a few issues. Honestly I still think the BLM movement needs to make some changes and maybe even rename thier group and some real leaders need to step up and not allow the group to be associated with inflammatory hate or calls for violence. But again I have some better understanding.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I certainly appreciate the quotes. And you put forth a truth, that for many will be hard to swallow when I say it. I know lots of black men that are educated, intelligent, employed, law-abiding, and dress snappily. Not a handful, but lots. A few year back, we got together for a wedding, and started talking about our time in college, at UF. The discussion turned to the president at the time, who was ousted for calling a black regent an "oreo." We then discussed what that meant. An oreo, obviously is black on the outside, but white on the inside. It is one of the most offensive "compliments," a white person can say to a black person. It implies that a successful, law-abiding black person, isn't "really black," because they don't fit a pre-conceived notion that white people have in their minds about black people. In one fell swoop, they strip away one's blackness, and give honorary whiteness. I myself have been called an oreo, or referred to as the "whitest black guy," as have many other people I know.
    Conversely when a white person "acts black," that is a negative thing, again illustrating pre-conceived notions about blackness.

Hey. I've been sort of called "oreo". True story.

Of course it didn't have that meaning at the time. I think it was 9th grade. In one of my classes I sat between two black guys (who mostly acted "black"). We didn't exactly hang out outside of school, but we were friends enough to cut up during class. Other Blacks in the class took to calling the three of us "Oreos with double stuff"--Oreo with Double Stuff first hit the market around that time. I was "double stuff". Kinda heavy back then.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Of course it didn't have that meaning at the time. I think it was 9th grade. In one of my classes I sat between two black guys (who mostly acted "black"). We didn't exactly hang out outside of school, but we were friends enough to cut up during class. Other Blacks in the class took to calling the three of us "Oreos with double stuff"--Oreo with Double Stuff first hit the market around that time. I was "double stuff". Kinda heavy back then.

Funny thing, is that Asians have a similar device, used in a very similar way. Originally it flop flopped between banana and Twinkie, but Twinkie eventually won out. But it's not a good thing for an Asian to be called that. It implies they have become too Americanized, adopting all the traits Asians dislike about American society....which they view, as not a positive.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Funny thing, is that Asians have a similar device, used in a very similar way. Originally it flop flopped between banana and Twinkie, but Twinkie eventually won out. But it's not a good thing for an Asian to be called that. It implies they have become too Americanized, adopting all the traits Asians dislike about American society....which they view, as not a positive.

I thought twinkie was a gay slur?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I've got relatives in Oklahoma and I've heard them talk about others that act too white as being "apples".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have been called Oreo. All in fun but the meaning was the same.
    Daytona Beech Bike week. Rolling with 2 very good friends "Of Color" that introduced me to an area they called the bottoms.
    I was the only white guy for a mile in any given direction. 2 of the local girls made an Oreo sandwich out of me for sport.
    When one of my buddys bike had a dead battery I pushed him off to the cheers of the crowd. Comments were along the line that every one needed to own a "Good" white guy.

It was a great time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom