• ...and so much more!
  • profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I was curious as to what folks that have these think about them now that they’ve been out for awhile? Thanks
    I got one on a trade and I like it, but wouldn’t pay what they’re selling for. That said, I have also had a couple of Eotechs and though they’re somewhat different, I think the Vortex is just as good. I also think the Sig Romeo 8H is in the same ballpark performance wise.

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I got one on a trade and I like it, but wouldn’t pay what they’re selling for. That said, I have also had a couple of Eotechs and though they’re somewhat different, I think the Vortex is just as good. I also think the Sig Romeo 8H is in the same ballpark performance wise.
    How do they compare to the holosun aems?

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    How do they compare to the holosun aems?
    Unfortunately haven't had any experience with that one, but it looks quite a bit smaller than the Vortex. Also, the Vortex (and the Eotechs are true holographic sights, versus the Sig and the Holosun, which are similar in form factor, but are red dot sights.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I’ve had a Gen1 and a Gen2.

I liked them, but ultimately stuck with an Aimpoint. Nothing wrong with the UH-1 at all other than much shorter battery life, but if you plan ahead for that and keep a replacement schedule it’s a non-factor IMO. I really liked the reticle and used it several times in local 2-gun matches back in AZ. I’d buy another for the right price (~$300-400 tops) if I had a need for one.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I liked mine but parted ways because I got a heck of a deal on an Eotech EXPS. They can be had for $400 used pretty regularly and for that price, it’s a great sight.

Top Bottom