• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    13612218_10154432850196336_7216197816869593343_n.jpg

The notion is actually pretty ridiculous. What would be the reason such a organization exist? In America, being "White," is the default; the status quo.
    Does anybody know what I mean when I say "status quo?" and if so can someone define what I mean?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The notion is actually pretty ridiculous. What would be the reason such a organization exist? In America, being "White," is the default; the status quo.
    Does anybody know what I mean when I say "status quo?" and if so can someone define what I mean?

So we aren't refuting the point itself, just the likelihood of the hypothetical.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    BLM is an organization/group founded on a lie which provides the justification for a segment of our society to act like savages and bully their way into the spotlight. It was born out of the “Hands up - don’t shoot” nonsense after the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, MO. The “leadership” of Ferguson blundered practically every aspect of the situation and continued to make bad decisions which ultimately resulted in riots.

The activities this group attempts to justify are apparently desirable as we saw another major outburst from the savages when the “leadership” in Baltimore decided to lie about the death of Freddie Gray. Once again the “leadership” allowed the city to be taken over by a lawless crowd angered by an imagined wrongful death.

It’s nothing more than a furtherance of the liberal agenda and the most vocal group attempting to protect their victim status. Their claims are based on lies and exaggerations and they (as a whole) have no direction or goal other than to disrupt the lives of as many people as possible.

The most unfortunate aspect about the whole mess is the support this movement is receiving by the “leadership” in Washington D.C. Attempts to change the definition of words, refusal to call criminals criminals, attempts to forgive certain crimes based on the color of the perpetrators skin and continuous remarks and actions which serve to do nothing but divide this country along racial lines.

They aren’t demanding equality, they’re demanding special treatment. They’ve been misled and flat out lied to for decades by a political party claiming to have their best interests at heart but who has done nothing but prevent their advancement. Many of them claim they want equality, for everyone to be color blind yet these same people will never pass up an opportunity to remind other’s that they’re different. It’s a huge contradiction.

The fact is that racism is a mere fraction of what it was in this country 25 years ago. What we have are significant divides along cultural lines and that will never change. It has nothing to do with the color of one’s skin, it has everything to do with their behavior and the choices they make. I’ve done police work in every part of Indianapolis. I’ve encountered people of every race that I would prefer not to spend time or live around and I’ve encountered people of every race whom I would enjoy spending time around (and do). I live in a diverse neighborhood and to my knowledge everyone gets along because skin color, race, religion and nationality don’t matter to intelligent, mature adults. What matters is how people choose to behave. Seems simple enough yet so many struggle to get it, they don’t want to give up that victim status.

Exceptionally well said.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

It is not ridiculous. It is true. We have to bow down and make extra effort every day to make sure we don't do something racist yet we are forced to accept and have these things thrown in our faces.

What if there was an NAAWP or white expo? You know exactly what would happen.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is not ridiculous. It is true. We have to bow down and make extra effort every day to make sure we don't do something racist yet we are forced to accept and have these things thrown in our faces.

What if there was an NAAWP or white expo? You know exactly what would happen.

Do you know what status quo means, and how it's applicable if someone said white people are the status quo, and thus wouldn't need organizations named as such, as "white," is often the default? Serious, honest question. Anybody can answer.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Do you know what status quo means, and how it's applicable if someone said white people are the status quo, and thus wouldn't need organizations named as such, as "white," is often the default? Serious, honest question. Anybody can answer.

Of course I know what it means and it can be applied to nearly anything.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    BLM movement is either setting up the controversial instances

To a degree they are. They make assumptions based on very limited information and begin making accusations which more often than not turn out to be false. This is extremely damaging to the credibility of BLM to anyone with the ability to think rationally.

Trayvon Martin - False claims
    Michael Brown - False claims
    Freddy Gray - False claims
    Philando Castile - Remains to be seen
    Alton Sterling - Remains to be seen

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

So since there is no action needed to maintain the status quo, no one will ever ever ever found an organization to further white issues. And because of this we can avoid the question posed, which is "would we refer to such an organization as racist by default." We all know the answer of course, it's just hard to admit.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Of course I know what it means and it can be applied to nearly anything.

Ok, and I'm trying to have a civil discussion here (so reciprocity would be appreciated) . Would you have called MLB, prior to integration, a "white" organization? If so, why didn't they simply use the Negro League model, and call themselves the White Baseball League? Major League Baseball doesn't make clear that it's a "white's only" league.

Concerning colleges, Howard University, in Washington DC is referred to "black college," 1.5% of it's student body is white. Conversely BYU, in Provo Utah, blacks make up 0.05% of the student body, and yet BYU isn't labeled a "white college."

My contention is, that the "white" clarification is not needed, as it is essentially redundant. In many cases, White is the default, if not explicitly stated otherwise.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

So who is coming up with this status quo? If we wanted to end racism or least bring it to a really low simmer like what has happened to the KKK we should do as Morgan Freeman said and not talk about it. End these groups that continue to place a wedge between whites and blacks trying to live as AMERICANS by talking down to the uneducated when we know there are plenty of blacks who came from nothing and achieved great things and have become very successful.

My question is why is it that blacks who are conservative are called Uncle Toms by their own race? None of them are being subservient to their white peers. Everyone gets along and shares the same ideas and viewpoints for the most part. Seems like if your black you need to be democrat otherwise your ostracized from your own race.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So since there is no action needed to maintain the status quo, no one will ever ever ever found an organization to further white issues. And because of this we can avoid the question posed, which is "would we refer to such an organization as racist by default." We all know the answer of course, it's just hard to admit.

Well tell me, what issues are concerning to whites, that they find difficulty adjusting to, or which they see as a threat to their ability to live full, enjoyable lives.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Ok, and I'm trying to have a civil discussion her. Would you have called MLB, prior to integration, a "white" organization? If so, why didn't they simply use the Negro League model, and call themselves the White Baseball League? Major League Baseball doesn't make clear that it's a "white's only" league.

Concerning colleges, Howard University, in Washington DC is referred to "black college," 1.5% of it's student body is white. Conversely BYU, in Provo Utah, blacks make up 0.05% of the student body, and yet BYU isn't labeled a "white college."

My contention is, that the "white" clarification is not needed, as it is essentially redundant. In many cases, White is the default, if not explicitly stated otherwise.

I couldn't care less about what happened in the past. I wasn't there and I didn't do those things. Society realized they were wrong and steps were taken in tbe right direction. Most people moved on. Others didn't and continue to pass their ignorance and hate down, both white and black people.

I look at what we have now. Opportunities are equal. Help is available for people if brought up or living in a bad area. Right now any adult in this country who doesn't succeed can only blame themself. If we don't hold them accountable then crap like this happens.

You are enabling them just like I would be if I tried to defend the KKK because they've been programmed with hate or sucked in for various reasons. The difference is I WON'T do it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ok, and I'm trying to have a civil discussion here (so reciprocity would be appreciated) . Would you have called MLB, prior to integration, a "white" organization? If so, why didn't they simply use the Negro League model, and call themselves the White Baseball League? Major League Baseball doesn't make clear that it's a "white's only" league.

Why are self described or labeled "black" or "African American" organizations, entertainment outlets, publications, and the such required?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I couldn't care less about what happened in the past. I wasn't there and I didn't do those things. Society realized they were wrong and steps were taken in tbe right direction. Most people moved on. Others didn't and continue to pass their ignorance and hate down, both white and black people.

I look at what we have now. Opportunities are equal. Help is available for people if brought up or living in a bad area. Right now any adult in this country who doesn't succeed can only blame themself. If we don't hold them accountable then crap like this happens.

You are enabling them just like I would be if I tried to defend the KKK because they've been programmed with hate or sucked in for various reasons. The difference is I WON'T do it.

I asked you a pretty straight forward question, In addressing why it doesn't exactly make sense to have a white expo or NAAWP. I listed a historical AND a modern example, AND provided context. But you don't seem to want to answer the question. What gives? Are you participating in the discussion, or are you simply picking and choosing which things you want to address?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I asked you a pretty straight forward question, In addressing why it doesn't exactly make sense to have a white expo or NAAWP. I listed a historical AND a modern example, AND provided context. But you don't seem to want to answer the question. What gives? Are you participating in the discussion, or are you simply picking and choosing which things you want to address?

It doesn't matter what anyone says to you. YOU are the one who avoids direct questions to push your agenda. YOU are an enabler and because of people like you things won't ever really get any better.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Well tell me, what issues are concerning to whites, that they find difficulty adjusting to, or which they see as a threat to their ability to live full, enjoyable lives.

A little mid-discussion, and I didn't read the whole thread, sorry. And this might not even be what you're asking for discussion here, but it's what came to mind.

The myth of "White Priviledge". In Reality it's quite the opposite. Because of Affirmative Action and other Pro-minority politics, we often always get passed on because they have to get their "numbers" but not because one person is qualified over another (jobs, scholarships, school admissions, etc). And we can't talk or complain about it because then we're just being racist. White is probably the only race that can't actually openly talk about any other race.

I'd like to see all race categories disappear from all documents. The only time they are really relevant would be in the medical field because some diseases affect ethnicity differently. If a person is qualified based on grades, experience, skills, etc... why do you care what race they are? Makes zero sense to me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why are self described or labeled "black" or "African American" organizations, entertainment outlets, publications, and the such required?

In the vast majority of instances, it was to let black people know that they were allowed to be there. If the Negro Leagues were called the Northeast Baseball Assc, it probably would have never gained traction, because black people wouldn't have known if they could attend the games or not. In a historical context.

In the modern context, its labeled as such, because American blacks can only identify as "black." Unlike Irish, Italian, German, English or other national heritage labeled organization or events, black people don't have that luxury. Our history and origins have been stolen from us. We do not have a heritage to take from, prior to our arrival on these shores in bondage. So "black" is essentially akin to Irish, German, Scots... etc

Kut (thinks he's explained it clearly, but is sure some will still have issue)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    In the vast majority of instances, it was to let black people know that they were allowed to be there. If the Negro Leagues were called the Northeast Baseball Assc, it probably would have never gained traction, because black people wouldn't have known if they could attend the games or not. In a historical context.

In the modern context, its labeled as such, because American blacks can only identify as "black." Unlike Irish, Italian, German, English or other national heritage labeled organization or events, black people don't have that luxury. Our history and origins have been stolen from us. We do not have a heritage to take from, prior to our arrival on these shores in bondage. So "black" is essentially akin to Irish, German, Scots... etc

Kut (thinks he's explained it clearly, but is sure some will still have issue)

so, in the Modern Context... why can't it just be "American"? Why not an American Heritage? I get the past of how and why most ancestors came or were brought here, but why not be proud in achieving equal rights, etc and have an American Heritage?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom