• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Well tell me, what issues are concerning to whites, that they find difficulty adjusting to, or which they see as a threat to their ability to live full, enjoyable lives.

How about every time a black guy commits a forcible felony, and a white cop has to stop it, an angry mob descends upon their communities and businesses. Sure, more than whites get caught up in it, but they have as much right to free movement and safety as anyone else. Or do they? We have come to the point of excusing childish and destructive behavior in this country as long as those throwing the tantrum are black, or liberal. Some of these protests have legitimate grievances, but often the behavior is unacceptable.

Or here is another grievance: if I find myself in conflict with a black man, every action and word will be scrutinized through the lens of racism. For years it didn't matter what the issue was, opposition to Obama was racist.

Or the people who work harder than anyone else to get scholarships or jobs, only to be told someone less qualified will get it because they are white.

But nobody is starting any organizations, because the reality is, these things are the real status quo in this country, and there's not a thing I can do about it. If an organization were started to seek change on these issues, they would be marginalized immediately and labeled racists.

Anyway, at this point it looks like we have tacit admission.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It doesn't matter what anyone says to you. YOU are the one who avoids direct questions to push your agenda. YOU are an enabler and because of people like you things won't ever really get any better.

So much for being civil. lol. I guess YOU will just have to deal with my agenda, as I enable my brothas and sistas. During which time, YOU stay at home powerless to prevent our movement as we spread across the globe carrying Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown banners inspiring fear, complaints, and BBQ.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I asked you a pretty straight forward question, In addressing why it doesn't exactly make sense to have a white expo or NAAWP. I listed a historical AND a modern example, AND provided context. But you don't seem to want to answer the question. What gives? Are you participating in the discussion, or are you simply picking and choosing which things you want to address?

Pot, meet Kettle.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I was born an American.
    The nurse didn't say, "Uh-oh another white privilege." I'm assuming that most or all the BLMs were born as Americans also but they sure aren't acting like they want to be here.

-Why are they all behaving like racist thug terrorists?
    -Why do they think that they are so special?
    -Why do they think they deserve some kind of a break to get ahead in life?
    -Why am I considered the bad guy and will never understand because I'm white?

Every time I think we're getting ahead of racism, some racist group pops up and makes us all look bad. Obviously they don't work but they are very capable of working. They're not disabled, I've seen them running, jumping, yelling, lifting, throwing, fighting, etc... Think of how positive and constructive they could be if they just put they're own minds to it instead of being brainwashed by dangerous deranged cult leaders with evil twisted agendas.
    They're like brainless drones.

If you are born here of not, learn a skill set, join the workforce and contribute to our society. Groups that won't assimilate should be on "Border Wall Detail" and when they're finished, they can choose which side they want to live on.

:rockwoot:I Am An American So **** You! :patriot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    so, in the Modern Context... why can't it just be "American"? Why not an American Heritage? I get the past of how and why most ancestors came or were brought here, but why not be proud in achieving equal rights, etc and have an American Heritage?

Yes, Why not American Heritage? That would be ideal....As soon as the Irish-Americans, German-Americans, or whatever else type of Americans drop their prefixes.... then black-Americans, should be encouraged to consider the same. But that's a step you guys would have to take first. We've already lost one part of history, kinda not fair to ask us to lose it again, when ya'll haven't taken the step yourself.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll make an attempt. I think it was the watermelon remark. Generally, that's seen as a perpetuation of a racist stereotype. You could have said "bowling ball". But you said "watermelon ".

Did you get my point? And by "point" I mean like the point on the top of a KKK hood.

See, that's how it came across to some.

Now wait! If he said "sharp as the point on a bowling ball," he'd be quoting Foghorn Leghorn. Foghorn Leghorn both white and southern (based on his accent) and thus clearly a racist. We'll need a alternative to your alternative.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Yes, Why not American Heritage? That would be ideal....As soon as the Irish-Americans, German-Americans, or whatever else type of Americans drop their prefixes.... then black-Americans, should be encouraged to consider the same. But that's a step you guys would have to take first. We've already lost one part of history, kinda not fair to ask us to lose it again, when ya'll haven't taken the step yourself.

Personally, I would tell anyone I'm an American. I don't attach anything to it. Why is it always a "you first" mentality with everything? We all should be good examples of moving forward, otherwise nobody moves. It takes all sides.

I could see saying you're German-American if your parents were the ones that came here. But if it's been a few generations, the only thing you really have is that's where your Family name really came from, but you personally are American. :twocents:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    So much for being civil. lol. I guess YOU will just have to deal with my agenda, as I enable my brothas and sistas. During which time, YOU stay at home powerless to prevent our movement as we spread across the globe carrying Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown banners inspiring fear, complaints, and BBQ.

Most honest and real thing I've ever seen you say. Read enough and watch enough video and it's easy to see that's what's happening.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    In the vast majority of instances, it was to let black people know that they were allowed to be there. If the Negro Leagues were called the Northeast Baseball Assc, it probably would have never gained traction, because black people wouldn't have known if they could attend the games or not. In a historical context.

In the modern context, its labeled as such, because American blacks can only identify as "black." Unlike Irish, Italian, German, English or other national heritage labeled organization or events, black people don't have that luxury. Our history and origins have been stolen from us. We do not have a heritage to take from, prior to our arrival on these shores in bondage. So "black" is essentially akin to Irish, German, Scots... etc

Kut (thinks he's explained it clearly, but is sure some will still have issue)

So if an immigrant from Africa wants to benefit from AA, how should one feel about that? He has his ethnic history. And his main connection to slavery is that his grandpa sold a lot of American blacks' grandpas to white slavers.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In the vast majority of instances, it was to let black people know that they were allowed to be there. If the Negro Leagues were called the Northeast Baseball Assc, it probably would have never gained traction, because black people wouldn't have known if they could attend the games or not. In a historical context.

In the modern context, its labeled as such, because American blacks can only identify as "black." Unlike Irish, Italian, German, English or other national heritage labeled organization or events, black people don't have that luxury. Our history and origins have been stolen from us. We do not have a heritage to take from, prior to our arrival on these shores in bondage. So "black" is essentially akin to Irish, German, Scots... etc

Kut (thinks he's explained it clearly, but is sure some will still have issue)

Yes you did explain it clearly and that makes some sense. But if we're ever really to become a color blind society, we'll have to get to the point where we quit making race a factor by which we identify ourselves.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So if an immigrant from Africa wants to benefit from AA, how should one feel about that? He has his ethnic history. And his main connection to slavery is that his grandpa sold a lot of American blacks' grandpas to white slavers.

Are you wanting/expecting an answer?

Pot, meet Kettle.

Why would you even ask me a question if apparently, I don't answer a straightforward question when asked?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I don't know anybody that goes around bragging about being Irish-American or German-American. Yeah, sometime in March a bunch of drunks get together and call themselves Irish for a few hours and sometimes, in some places, some other folks get together to drink beer and each sauer kraut and pretend to be German for a few hours. But I could only guess the family trees of most of my friends and co-workers...and some of them don't have many branches. :D

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I don't know anybody that goes around bragging about being Irish-American or German-American. Yeah, sometime in March a bunch of drunks get together and call themselves Irish for a few hours and sometimes, in some places, some other folks get together to drink beer and each sauer kraut and pretend to be German for a few hours. But I could only guess the family trees of most of my friends and co-workers...and some of them don't have many branches. :D

:laugh:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes you did explain it clearly and that makes some sense. But if we're ever really to become a color blind society, we'll have to get to the point where we quit making race a factor by which we identify ourselves.

It's hard to do, especially for black American people. I have friends that are of Irish, German, Dutch heritage. They are proud of their family's history. And the Irish can be a bit overbearing to be honest. Would it be fair of me to ask them to place their heritage to the rear? I would never do that. And I'd expect to get smacked in the face with a bottle of Guinness if I did. So is it fair to ask black Americans, whose the foundation of the recorded history they have access too are a slave manifest from South Carolina in the 18th century (my case)? I don't know what language my ancestors spoke, what tribe they were from, or even what part of the continent they came from. "Black" is just as precious as anyone else's heritage. Even our names aren't our own. My last name is the name of the people that owned my ancestors. "Black," is essentially all we have that gives us kinship to one another.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Personally, I would tell anyone I'm an American. I don't attach anything to it. Why is it always a "you first" mentality with everything? We all should be good examples of moving forward, otherwise nobody moves. It takes all sides.

I could see saying you're German-American if your parents were the ones that came here. But if it's been a few generations, the only thing you really have is that's where your Family name really came from, but you personally are American. :twocents:

QFT

Family name is German, I don't relate in any way to Germany though. I don't consider myself anything but American.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You are more than welcome to hand out with some of my friends sometime. They are overbearingly Irish.... but admittedly, they are also raging drunks. But if you're not Irish, you will be forced to watch a marathon of Boondock Saints, Michael Collins, the Quiet Man, and whatever Liam Neeson movies they fill like watching that day.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    QFT

Family name is German, I don't relate in any way to Germany though. I don't consider myself anything but American.

You should be aware that I consider you German. And because of that, I am watching you. Carefully. Your people are prone to some less than pleasant shenanigans.

watching-you.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom