• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    He's been showing off ever since he got one of those "Word of the Day" calendars on his desk for Christmas. :rolleyes:

Ha, lol, you got me!

Actually, I just found out recently it's on the family crest. It seemed to work in the post. But it is how I try to live. No special treatment, no handouts. Pay me what I earn, judge me by what I do, not who you think I am. I've never made tons of money, but I haven't applied for my last few jobs, either. They were offered to me by reputation. I'm probably too simple for these times, but I'm blessed and my wife and kids have clothes, food, shelter and love.

It's a shame that so many feel the need to claim victim status to get what they should earn. And it's a shame that we come from times when people were victimized and didn't get what they earned. Some of that former prejudice is with us, as Kut has pointed out. But as much as I feel sorry for the man who starts, at no fault of his own, from a more difficult circumstance, I'll always applaud the man who overcomes by his own sweat and ingenuity. Would you rather have my pity or my respect?

Also it took some work, but today's word from Woobie is actually Mortuus Anas.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Really? In my reality and the way i was raised when I don't know someone or have any vestment in someone I could really care less what they have to say... Thus truly the only people that COULD offend me are close friends, its never happened, though people have tried. And trust me I've heard it allllll.

My parents hold the same view. I don't. I must be adopted, because if I have an issue with something someone says, I'll make it known. Far too many people hold their tongues. I don't count myself among them. It's simply not my style.... but I trust you already knew that.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    One of our Greatest Leaders...

My parents hold the same view. I don't. I must be adopted, because if I have an issue with something someone says, I'll make it known. Far too many people hold their tongues. I don't count myself among them. It's simply not my style.... but I trust you already knew that.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
    — ABRAHAM LINCOLN.

^^^I am (agree with) this statement..Bill.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA

Hold my toung? No the problem is people ( care? ) what a stranger says, I don't.

I think we all know why this has been edited.

I am getting a bit weary of doing this in these threads.

-CM-

Last edited by a moderator:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
    — ABRAHAM LINCOLN.

Not sure the application, but I'll take your tyrant, and raise you a patriot:

“Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason toward my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings.”

-Patrick Henry

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Or if you prefer a name of someone recently in the news...

"Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented"

-Elie Wiesel (RIP)

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Lincoln a "tyrant"???

Not sure the application, but I'll take your tyrant, and raise you a patriot:

“Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason toward my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings.”

-Patrick Henry

Kudos to you Kut, and Bravo to your use of US. History....VERY little of that around anymore...Bill.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    — ABRAHAM LINCOLN.

I'd rather be thought of as a fool than bring nothing to the conversation.

How do you ever expect to learn anything if you aren't willing to have your opinions and views challenged by people who don't think like you do? How do you ever realize you're an idiot and start reconsidering your views?

Always up for a poll or pole .... Roflao.

Watch out for the corrupt ones.

Habeas Corpus? Who needs that?

I admire a lot about the man, but boy did he screw some stuff up.

That's what happens when you're willing to achieve a goal at -ANY- cost to the people of your country.

Last edited:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    13612218_10154432850196336_7216197816869593343_n.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter