Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You should be aware that I consider you German. And because of that, I am watching you. Carefully. Your people are prone to some less than pleasant shenanigans.

Also, probably more Indian (sorry native american) in me than Elizabeth Warren to boot..... I won't be accepting any blankets, thank you.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Also, probably more Indian (sorry native american) in me than Elizabeth Warren to boot..... I won't be accepting any blankets, thank you.

Well, I am 0% American Indian, so I can assert that I am equally as American Indian as Elizabeth Warren. I sense a t-shirt in the making.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's hard to do, especially for black American people. I have friends that are of Irish, German, Dutch heritage. They are proud of their family's history. And the Irish can be a bit overbearing to be honest. Would it be fair of me to ask them to place their heritage to the rear? I would never do that. And I'd expect to get smacked in the face with a bottle of Guinness if I did. So is it fair to ask black Americans, whose the foundation of the recorded history they have access too are a slave manifest from South Carolina in the 18th century (my case)? I don't know what language my ancestors spoke, what tribe they were from, or even what part of the continent they came from. "Black" is just as precious as anyone else's heritage. Even our names aren't our own. My last name is the name of the people that owned my ancestors. "Black," is essentially all we have that gives us kinship to one another.

All I'm saying as that as long as our race is used to define us and separate us, we shouldn't be surprised we are where we are right now. I get what you're saying. I really do. I don't know the people you know but I know a bunch of people in my circle and none of them talk about their ancestors' countries of origin much less separate and segregate themselves from others based on those factors.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    It's hard to do, especially for black American people. I have friends that are of Irish, German, Dutch heritage. They are proud of their family's history. And the Irish can be a bit overbearing to be honest. Would it be fair of me to ask them to place their heritage to the rear? I would never do that. And I'd expect to get smacked in the face with a bottle of Guinness if I did. So is it fair to ask black Americans, whose the foundation of the recorded history they have access too are a slave manifest from South Carolina in the 18th century (my case)? I don't know what language my ancestors spoke, what tribe they were from, or even what part of the continent they came from. "Black" is just as precious as anyone else's heritage. Even our names aren't our own. My last name is the name of the people that owned my ancestors. "Black," is essentially all we have that gives us kinship to one another.

I do get where you're coming from on this one. However, some of the early slave owners were also black. It wasn't just white. While the situation does stink because that's likely something you'll never be able to put together, but how does that affect your well being today? How does that make getting work, or living a hardship? I understand you have the lost history but fail to understand how that makes modern day life difficult currently. :dunno:

The Irish are a great example of moving forward. The Irish were very poorly treated when they first came to this country also. You don't have Irish Entertainment Television, You don't have NAAIP (Irish people?), you don't have marches, protest groups (#IrishLivesMatter), demands from gov't, majority wanting a nanny state to take care of them because their people 100 years ago were treated poorly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I do get where you're coming from on this one. However, some of the early slave owners were also black. It wasn't just white. While the situation does stink because that's likely something you'll never be able to put together, but how does that affect your well being today? How does that make getting work, or living a hardship? I understand you have the lost history but fail to understand how that makes modern day life difficult currently. :dunno:

The Irish are a great example of moving forward. The Irish were very poorly treated when they first came to this country also. You don't have Irish Entertainment Television, You don't have NAAIP (Irish people?), you don't have marches, protest groups (#IrishLivesMatter), demands from gov't, majority wanting a nanny state to take care of them because their people 100 years ago were treated poorly.

Hell, the FIRST slaveholder in America was black (if I'm remembering correctly).

I think you used the WORST possible example, by citing the Irish, lol.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Are you wanting/expecting an answer?

Why would you even ask me a question if apparently, I don't answer a straightforward question when asked?

Way to avoid another one Kut. You're gonna have to start being honest of we're going to have a serious discussion.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Youve avoided answering the question of whether a White Lives Matter organization would be racist. Don't accuse someone else of avoiding questions if you yourself will not. That is if you value consistency.

Avoided, not so much. I called it ridiculous. I don't even know if one can call it racist, as it would only exist solely in protest of the black counterparts. I think I have proven, well beyond the shadow of a doubt, that I am not avoiding anybody's questions.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Avoided, not so much. I called it ridiculous. I don't even know if one can call it racist, as it would only exist solely in protest of the black counterparts. I think I have proven, well beyond the shadow of a doubt, that I am not avoiding anybody's questions.

There are a lot of replies, mostly directed at you so I'm sure it's hard to keep up. I do appreciate the perspective though and the discussion. :thumbsup:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Way to avoid another one Kut. You're gonna have to start being honest of we're going to have a serious discussion.

Yeah, I completely disregarded that question solely based on you saying I'm avoiding questions. If I'm avoiding questions, and you believe it, why are you asking me questions? In that regard, I don't feel compelled to respond due to your belief.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So who is coming up with this status quo? If we wanted to end racism or least bring it to a really low simmer like what has happened to the KKK we should do as Morgan Freeman said and not talk about it. End these groups that continue to place a wedge between whites and blacks trying to live as AMERICANS by talking down to the uneducated when we know there are plenty of blacks who came from nothing and achieved great things and have become very successful.

My question is why is it that blacks who are conservative are called Uncle Toms by their own race? None of them are being subservient to their white peers. Everyone gets along and shares the same ideas and viewpoints for the most part. Seems like if your black you need to be democrat otherwise your ostracized from your own race.

Post #191

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Post #191

Oh... uhhh... I don't really even know how to address "who" is coming up with the status quo. It's simply something that "is." It's generally based on how society views things from the dominant cultures point of view. In this case, it would be white America.

As far as black conservatives being labeled uncle toms, there's no consensus on who is and who isn't. Simply being a conservative isn't the criteria for being called an uncle tom. Jessie Jackson has been called a uncle tom plenty of times. LL Cool J, a conservative, I don't believe has been. It's a word used typically to be offensive, and rarely is their a valid reason for the usage. If I was to think of an person I'd personally call an "uncle tom(s)," I list those two minstrels chicks, Diamond and Silk.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah, I completely disregarded that question solely based on you saying I'm avoiding questions. If I'm avoiding questions, and you believe it, why are you asking me questions? In that regard, I don't feel compelled to respond due to your belief.

Just thought I'd give you another shot.

And no, the first question was addressed, but not answered. That you think the concept preposterous doesn't make it so.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just thought I'd give you another shot.

And no, the first question was addressed, but not answered. That you think the concept preposterous doesn't make it so.

Well, other than the fact that nobody has actually done it. Ridiculous actions don't often get much traction.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana

Why does it matter if u know your ancestorial history, I ain't got a clue where my family come from, my grandfathers were the first ones that could read or write, am sure my ancestors were white slaves, that was in the past, get over it, make the most of the life you have in the greatest country on the planet.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why does it matter if u know your ancestorial history, I ain't got a clue where my family come from, my grandfathers were the first ones that could read or write, am sure my ancestors were white slaves, that was in the past, get over it, make the most of the life you have in the greatest country on the planet.

How do you not have a clue about your ancestors, but are sure they were white slaves? On the surface, you appear to contradict yourself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom