• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I found two copies of Gun-Proof your Child by Ayoob. Those have been hard to find since they have been out of print. Got two of those magnetic FAST holsters. Found a Glock 22 and 17 mag for $24. Sadly that is now a decent price.

Also got to see esrice, Pami, Lars, and other names I forget. I'm terrible with names. I haven't been in 7 years. I found nothing I couldn't get for a better price other places, except for the $10 discount on the magnetic holster.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I bought a book on German P08s

I heard a good story about one last night. A friend of mine had a gun owning uncle pass away and he had always remembered his uncles P08 artillery gun. He said if he got anything from the estate, that is what he wanted. Well, he got it in the mail and was sorely disapointed because it was a Japanese non-firing duplicate. Granted, it was cool and worked like the real one but just a pot metal toy.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    I picked up a inside waistband holster and a knife. Both were reasonably priced I thought. Oh yeah and became an NRA member. Grateful I went on Friday evening. no wait and small crowd.

9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    i got an anschutz 54 sporter, two 10-22,rem. 511p 22lr,taraus pt 945,fn fal 308.allen &halleck 420 50 cal muzzle loader .rws diana 22 cal..80.00 dollars worth of 22 lr shells 4 boxes federal 45 hydra shock shells,front sight for my anschutz 164 sporter.few bags of jerky i think thats it.i sold savage 24,smith k22 masterpiece,one 10-22.traded sav. 110 to the pt 945.hope tomorrow is better

well at least you didn't spend any money! :D

on the savage model 24 - what calibers was the gun ... 22/410, etc? wish i would have seen you today with that gun. i always keep a keen eye out for 24's. the few that i did find, i was not willing to pay what they were asking for them.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    I met alot of INGO members today I suck with names but appreciated everyone stopping by to say hey.
    Maybe Ill catch a few more of you guys tomorrow.

9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    i told myself (after attending yesterday) that i wasn't going to go back today.

i lied to myself! i went again today.

i didn't buy anything major. a few boxes of remington tac 8 00 buckshot and a shot shell sling for my HD scatter gun. also picked up two choke tubes for my recently acquired remington 11-87.

buddy that i went with picked up a 9mm keltec (pf9 maybe?) from aac guns out of mooresville. i look forward to the chance to shoot it sometime.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Got there at 7:40 this morning and was 20 feet outside the door with maybe 50 people in the lobby. By opening time looked like the line was almost to the end of the building. Good thing we got there early.

Bought a Hi Point 9mm carbine for 209.00, was looking at getting a 10/22 but the prices was way out of line for what my buddy got his over the summer. So now thinking of either a Savage with a heavier button barrel or a Rem 597.

Was trying to see Blue hats but between looking at items and trying to dodge the unbelievable huge crowd it was a daunting task and to no avail did not spot anyone even though we was there for almost 5 hours.

My buddy picked up a AR for 845.00, Taurus PT 1911 for 400.00 from a guy wanting to sell a vendor and a Scope/light/laser combo for 200.00.

All in all, productive day.

skier11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Bainbridge
    1500 Gun Show

I went to the 1500 gun show yesterday. Wow there were a lot of people in line an hour and a half after the doors opened! I've been to a lot of them at the fairgrounds over the years. This one seemed busier than most. I felt even thought it was very crowded, there was quite a bit of good stuff this time. Maybe it was just me looking at things a little more seriously this time....anyway I enjoyed myself. I was going to go back on Sun but I got called in to work :dunno: oh well...got to make it to spend it!

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    I picked up a used Henry 22lr lever action rifle.
    NOTE: Henry rifles are 100% Made in America. Casting, machining, wood, assembly...all USA!
    A bad day at the gun show is better than a good day at work!

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I sold my Cyclops within the first 10 min, the guy didn't flinch just whipped out the cash.

Came home with a SS Ruger MarkII Target

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    repair what time were you at the show? I thought I saw you (from the INGO picture thread), but wasn't 100% sure. Did you have kid(s) with you?

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Wow, what an undertaking. Like others, the soda vending machine over by the pickup truck bedliners was the only thing to get any of my money today. I did see 5 confirmed blue hats, though I don't think VUPDBlue saw me.

esrice said:
    On our way over to buy some ammo indytechnerd was spotted hunting for the "perfect" handgun. He's probably still there trying to find it. . . .
    Hah, funny. About 10mins after I talked to you guys, I saw a G23 in a case, priced at $419. I asked what the guy would take in $100 bills, and the response was staggering...."Well, it doesn't have a magazine with it, so I guess I'd take $410." I found several used G22s, none of which were within $80 of the used stuff at Buds or SummitGunBroker.com. Oh, and for those of you on the XD/XDm bandwagon, yeah, I looked at many of those too, but I can't get away from my Glocks.

Scutter01 said:
    Here's a tip to any INGO'ers going to the show:

"Hi, I'm <insert board name here> from INGO!"

I hate to admit it, but there were a few INGO people I talked to and I just had no idea who they were!
    Yeah, I was probably one of those people. I realized after I headed off that I'd never introduced myself, and I apologize. The pink butterfly on Pami's hat ID'd her from a fair distance away, and I remembered one of you saying that you could possibly be found together today.

I got to talk to Bob Wyre at the Appleseed table for several minutes, was a great conversation. I also got some good info on shooting an appleseed, which I hope to do this year. The guys at the PSS table were very nice. I'll be paying them a visit in the coming weeks. I didn't even reallize who I was talking to until I asked where their shop was. I checked out a couple sig mosquitos, damn, those things look like fun. Now I know why you guys get those and the suppressor. Wonder how long it'd take to save enough pennies for one of those.....:spend:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Saw some stupid prices on AR stuff and especially Pmags. I ended up buying a kbar neck knife and some small AR parts. Oh, and some chocolate raisins. It's a good thing that ACME didn't have any Serbus left...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I asked what the guy would take in $100 bills, and the response was staggering...."Well, it doesn't have a magazine with it, so I guess I'd take $410."

We could start an entirely new thread on "Quotes I heard at the Gunshow Today". There were many "interesting" ones.

Keep your head up on the search. $400ish Glocks come around all the time.

Good seeing you again!

Top Bottom