• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm going to go tomorrow morning and I would like to get some thicker rubber grips for my 1911. I took my rosewood grips off because they are just too purty for everyday use and the rubber grips I put on it give it that evil black pistol look but don't fill my hand the way I prefer. I will dig my hat out for tomorrow.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well heck, I was there from noon til 3:30 wandering all over (with my INGO hat even!) but I did not see any of you guys. I also agree it's the most packed I have seen in 15 years of attending this show! amazingly packed.. (good thing the fire marshall wasn't inspecting) I couldn't even get down some isles. If you are claustophobic in crowds, you won't be happy... GO EARLY on SUNDAY By the way, I never found the "INGO hat table" either :rolleyes: and I was all over the place. I bought a surplus ammo can with some Iraqi sand in it and a brass sifting basket for the tumbler... how exciting eh? That's what I like about the show, you can find the odd items that don't usually appear on store shelves. I did stop by the Atlanta Conservation Club table and pick up a schedule for 2009. Nice pic of the range. I almost bought a Benchmade auto knife too.. but then realized I really don't need a knife. Saved my money! Whew, glad to be back home, but missed all of ya'

MillenniumC5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Wayne County
    I tried to find a riot shield to buy so I could push my way through the crowd! Today was the first gun show I wished I would of stayed at home. I think they went over on the buildings occupancy. If the next 1500 is that packed it might be my last. Thank GOD for the internet so I can shop from my couch!

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i got an anschutz 54 sporter, two 10-22,rem. 511p 22lr,taraus pt 945,fn fal 308.allen &halleck 420 50 cal muzzle loader .rws diana 22 cal..80.00 dollars worth of 22 lr shells 4 boxes federal 45 hydra shock shells,front sight for my anschutz 164 sporter.few bags of jerky i think thats it.i sold savage 24,smith k22 masterpiece,one 10-22.traded sav. 110 to the pt 945.hope tomorrow is better

Virtus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Fishers
    Well heck, I was there from noon til 3:30 wandering all over (with my INGO hat even!) but I did not see any of you guys.

Must have missed you pinhead56. Bumped into turnandshoot4 while waiting to get in and then saw a nice big group on INGOers later in the middle of all the people. If/When INGO has a table, I think we could make a ton of cash by setting up an Oxygen bar for people to get some fresh air. Very crowded this time around.

uaw661

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Carthage,Indiana
    Just got back from the 1500,all I can say is WOW. Lots & lots of people.
    Very hard to make your way down most isles. I have been to most of the
    1500 shows over the last 15 years and this one was the most crowded by far.
    Anyway I got some AR-15 Bandoleers and 2 -15 round M-1 Carbine magazines.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I bought two sodas (from the pop machines, they're cheaper) and a bag of roasted (toasted?) almonds!

I waved to a lot of blue hats!

Lars had the Raven guys make a holster for one of his knives, which he seems to be pretty darn thrilled with.

After about two hours, though, I started getting tired of all the people and became a bit cranky (sorry Scutter & Spas!!).

It was good exercise, though! :D

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Must have missed you pinhead56. Bumped into turnandshoot4 while waiting to get in and then saw a nice big group on INGOers later in the middle of all the people. If/When INGO has a table, I think we could make a ton of cash by setting up an Oxygen bar for people to get some fresh air. Very crowded this time around.

Or selling canned sodas for a buck out of a cooler. :): There's probably rules against that, though. :):

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts

After I walked away I thought about how I just walked up to you and said "hi, who are you?" I must have seemed like a mental patient!:D None the less, nice to meet you!

I need an INGO hat if I'm going to be doing that!

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I bought 2 holsters & that was it. This was my first time to the event. I left with the same feeling I had when I left the Deer & Turkey Expo last year at the Sport, Boat, & Travel Show - "I'm probably never coming back. There's too many people."

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Here's a tip to any INGO'ers going to the show:

"Hi, I'm <insert board name here> from INGO!" :D

I hate to admit it, but there were a few INGO people I talked to and I just had no idea who they were!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm doing good to remember 2 of them I met today... virtus and rmcrob It's bad enough remembering names with faces, now I have to remember real name/board name/and face. hehehehehe

I bought pop, some roasted cashews and some fudge. The fudge couldn't be eaten at the show because it became to soft(ok.. waiting for the jokes). So I actually don't really recommend buying the fudge there this weekend. If tomorrow is anything like today, it will be hot and muggy inside the building.

Top Bottom