• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    ::1
    Superior Arms Lower + LPK for $200
    H&K P30L for $820 after tax

I also got heartburn from the food, and it was so hot in there I nearly passed out. If it wasn't below 30F when I stood in the line @ 1:45pm I DEFINITELY would not have brought a coat. Even though lines were long, the place was packed, and deals were few and far between: I enjoyed going and will be there in March.

The giant on the right is my friend, the line goes on for quite a while
    IMG_0016.JPG

Can't tell by the crappy cellphone pic, but there were large volumes of people here.
    IMG_0017.JPG

antdog/zook

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    after walking about a mile from parking, man it was crazy the line at 2:30ish...3/8 mile long? i thought it might be slower today too? not! talked to a gaurd there, was already 7000 people through there by 6:30.
    it was hot in there too...lol ammo was not even worth looking at, other than to laugh. got a sling for my colt sporter for $5......i did get a ruger mark III for $255 out the door 4"bull barrel. i didnt think the ar's were too bad considering? i figured they would be more in the 14-1500 range....saw a used bushmaster 16" collapsable for $895........plenty of ar's if you HAD to have 1!

anyone see the colt 1921 for $30k? dude had some cool full-auto stuff. i think the ingram" mac10 was like $12k? wow!

all in all had goodtime hadnt been in few years, and got that ruger i wanted. was better than i expected actually(prices on guns). only thing that turned me off was guy woldnt give me any discount for cash....i know i know, but still lol!

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    At 2:00 I found a new complete Armalite AR15 lower with the match two stage trigger :ar15: for $399 out the door.
    I figure that was only $10 or so more than what it would cost to have a local dealer to order, sit and wait, tranfer, ect, ect.( and maybe never see it ).
    I'm happy with it and I was able to "inspect" it before purchase.

Overall, I feel this show was like all others in the past, some dealers had decent prices, some were dreaming.
    But man it got crowded and hot.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    took the wife to her first show, man was it packed! Saw ESRICE and Lovemywoods right off the bat, nice to meet you guys even as brief as it was. There were two other INGO'ers with them but I didn't get their names. We were walking in the door when I realized I'd left my INGO head gear in the car...damnt! Oh well...

Didn't procure anything this trip though...but the wife is now atleast considering a .380 instead of the Beretta .32. :):

Maybe if we can wrap up the INGO BBQ this summer I'll be able to meet more INGO folks FTF! :yesway:

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Just a report back from the 1500. I was actually surprised on how little I had to wait to get into the show (5 minutes in line). The place was jammed packed and hotter than hell (leave your jacket in the car).

There were a lot of AR-15 vendors there with pretty darn good prices. There were also a lot of vendors there with jacked up pricing. I'd say the show is worth attending.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    got there around 10, and walked right in. I didnt see many, if any, good deals on AR stuff myself. Saw Bob from PSS, so I knew they were closed. Left around 1:30, and there was a line almost to 38th street to get in!!!!!!!! crazy!

got a magpal stock for my AR...... that I cant use cause they didnt include the freaking buffer tube nut :xmad:, also got a new ergo style grip for it.

got some good HD shotgun parts at tacticalshotgunner table. The man wasn't there so I missed talking with him.

AK grip. No good AK deals I could find. Didnt really like the grip I bought, but I have to have one to shoot it.

thats about it I think. No ammo, ammo prices were nutz!

I did get to meet KokomoDave. Nice guy, glad to talk with you. Now go kick the guy in the nuts the table across from you. He is the one who shorted me the buffer tube nut!

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Just curious if anybody got any deals or found what they where looking for?

I am going tomorrow so hopefully I will have a pic to post post of my new P3AT or LCP.

Hi Guy's and Girl's;

I have attended both local gun shows here in Indy this January, the Post road Armory (Jan. 3-4) and the 1500 (tables) at the Fair Grounds on Friday (Jan. 9 th).

The Post road Armory was "busy" but not surprising and there were fewer tables than in the past although the main room was filled but there were no overflow rooms as I remember from the past and the entry fee was only $5.00 and you didn't have to pay to park. It didn't take me long to go through the whole thing and I personally didn't find anything interesting but on the other hand where can you go for an hour's intertainment for $5.00 and maybe meet old friend's (or enemies) and maybe make new friend's?

The 1500 on the other hand was a complete surprise. First off I had to pay $3.00 (non-refundable as I was told) to park clear over by the horse stables on Fall Creek Blvd. and walk (Oh my poor legs) over to the South East Pavillion. So I walked slow and took it easy. When I finally got there (to the door) I found a line which in itself is not surprising but the line extended clear around the corner of the building so I kept on walking and when I rounded the corner I still couldn't see the end of the line. As it turns out I had to walk west clear past the main entrance to the Fairgrounds on 38th street. People were standing sometimes four abreast in this line but to my surprise it moved along fairly quickly and I used the time to make new friend's.

When I finally got to the door I discovered that the entry fee was $10.00 (up again) but what are you going too do at this point? So I paid it and proceeded to make a plan of attack so I wouldn't miss anything.

I found everything that I was wanting to buy but next time I may just buy from Brownell's and pay the (high) shipping and handing fee and save my legs. Then I started to systematically cover all of the tables (just to get my monies worth).

Well, three hours later I finally gave up and had to set down for a half hour to rest before I could even leave. Next time I think I'll just let Greg and the guy's at "Beech Grove Firearms" order what I need (it's a lot cheaper) and save my strength for chasing girl's, LOL :):.

It's amazing what Obama mania and crime is doing to gun sales. People are spending lot's of money but it's not on new cars and homes. Our armed services should be so well equipped.

Well, in spite of it all I hope you have a great year, Dan. :patriot:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    lovemywoods and I got there around 8am. There was no line and we walked right in, but there were lots of people moving in.

We saw Sheriff Ken Campbell about 5 minutes later and had a nice chat. We told him about Substance-P's Xmas present, and he thought that was great!

Shortly thereafter bradp spotted our hats and said hello.

Then we caught Steve MI lurking about. We also caught up with him at the Raven tables.

We also made a stop at TacticalShotgunner.com's tables and had a nice chat with MrsGungho. Ron, if you're reading this, we hope you did well in the department testing today!

Around the corner we talked to KokomoDave, who was sitting there with bigkahunasix. It was nice to meet BK6 and see Dave again. He's still not your average Korean hillbilly!

Dad got some black/silver diamondwood grips for his new Kimber. The price was excellent and they look great! The guy even installed them right there.

We stopped by phylodog's table and drooled over his James Bond Pelican case loaded with suppressed Glock goodness! Joining us there was CWood and VUPDblue. We continued our conversation over near the concession stand, where turnandshoot4 introduced himself.

On our way over to buy some ammo indytechnerd was spotted hunting for the "perfect" handgun. He's probably still there trying to find it. . . .

Then we made our way to the exit when we realized W9ZEB, Pami, Scutter01, and Spasmo had just arrived. It was like 90 degrees and the place was PACKED, so we didn't venture back into the mess to chat with them. (not that they're not special. . .)

On our way out I bumped into indyjoe, and we also met RogerB.

All in all it was a good show. By 10am the place was rockin' and it was getting tougher to move around. By 12:30pm you could barely breathe! There were no extra-special deals we saw, but most prices weren't as crazy as some had been forecasting. However, you could tell the countdown to 1/20 had begun. . .

It was nice talking with everyone. See you next show!

Last edited:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    At the 1500

Well, we (me and imprimis5) hadn't been down a full aisle yet when I saw Kokomo Dave. He saw my hat and introduced himself. Nice guy.

The we saw Scutter and crew, waved, and kept moving with the current.

Later we got to speak to Spasmo and Scutter, Pami and Lars. Then another real tall guy came up with an INGO hat, but I don't know his name.

We may not have had a table, but we were well represented. Other than those folks, I didn't see any more INGO hats. Did anyone see us? Well, why didn't you holla?

My favorite moment of the day occurred not long before we left. I saw some Glocks on a table and noticed that the prices were exceptionally good. In fact, I saw a 27 for the same price I paid for the one I was carrying in my waist band. I said to Craig, "Wow, these prices are as good as Bob's."

Then I looked up and there was Bob Cheek, in the flesh, behind the table. I didn't see prices anywhere else that could touch his prices.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    My wife and I just got home from the 1500. It was packed. I picked up 100 rounds of Federal .45 auto +P HST, and talked to the guy from Johnson Safe. Also looked at Garands. All were seriously overpriced.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    As usual, I only really go there to have the Raven guys make me a holster. For the last 3 shows I show up and have them make me a holster. First was an ACR for my P7, then it was an ACR for my G27, and this time was a Phantom for my G22 w/TLR-1. I have ordered an Phantom for my G23 several months ago and that is the only one I bought over the internet. They recognize me now when I show up and it's nice chatting with them. They are WAY busy. I guess they are filling a large government order. I think they are working at capacity right now which makes going to the 1500 for a holster worth while.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I skipped hunting today to hit the 1500:cool:, it was PACKED! I did buy a COLT COBRA 2nd GENERATION LW .38 Revolver that is in MINT condition. It was fun being there, I saw Ruger7722 and Townmarshall and Sonovasailor was my driver, I hear lots of Ingoers were there, fun day!

Top Bottom