• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshua_xdm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Oh Vear
    My goals for 2012 basically consist of improving every aspect of my shooting. I have done a total of three FNS matches this year and everytime my times get better. I was introduced to it by RangeJunkie and I was hooked. There will be plenty more FNS matches for 2012. Also I would like to enter into some USPSA. But mainly practice, practice, practice.

1. Win a production match
    2. Do some USPSA
    3. Try to get my times below 90 (short term)
    4. Continue to improve

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    :hooked:

Game on!!

My goals for 2012 basically consist of improving every aspect of my shooting. I have done a total of three FNS matches this year and everytime my times get better. I was introduced to it by RangeJunkie and I was hooked. There will be plenty more FNS matches for 2012. Also I would like to enter into some USPSA. But mainly practice, practice, practice.

1. Win a production match
    2. Do some USPSA
    3. Try to get my times below 90 (short term)
    4. Continue to improve

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    In 2012 I plan to be just a shooter. Cutting out most of the RO and other duties and lightening the load so that I can be a shooter and have a little more focus on the shooting. Going to continue to bring Alyssa along as a shooter.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm toying with the idea of practicing on a consistent basis.

Yes, I know it's heresy and just plain crazy talk, but it's so crazy that it just might work.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

Yes, I know it's heresy and just plain crazy talk, but it's so crazy that it just might work.

:lmfao:

Practicing with the Glock?

:stickpoke:

I really need to hit some USPSA matches this year... I keep talking about it, but just need to put them on the calendar. That's my goal for 2012

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    :lmfao:

Practicing with the Glock?

:stickpoke:

Yeah, some!

I actually did practice a little the week before the low light class. I had to function test the G17 I used (the one without the light), so I practiced shooting strong hand only while I did that. I went through 7 magazines and missed a 3x5" index card 3 or 4 times at distances between 5 and 10 yards. Of course, I was under no stress and I was consciously focusing on prepping the trigger and then pressing it directly to the rear without distubring the alignment of the gun. So far so good. Unfortunately, I'm not to the point where my trigger control on a Glock is adequately "automatic," so sometimes under stress my finger forgets and starts working the trigger like I do on my usual 1911s. I didn't have the same trouble at the USPSA match the week before because I'm so used to it that I don't have much stress.

Of course, maybe you could loan your HK USP 40 to me. :D

I really need to hit some USPSA matches this year... I keep talking about it, but just need to put them on the calendar. That's my goal for 2012

You will like it and it will make you a better shooter and gun handler.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood

I've tried it, hasn't helped me that much...

I think for next year I'm going to use Jake's routine.

Pick up a gun the night before a match and practice a few reloads, dry fire at the TV for 5 minutes, reload enough ammo for the next days match, drink myself into oblivion (OK I got that part down), show up 5 minutes before the shooters meeting.

What I save on ammo costs I can spend on alcohol and save myself all that time on the range, not to mention the angst and stress.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Pick up a gun the night before a match and practice a few reloads, dry fire at the TV for 5 minutes, reload enough ammo for the next days match, drink myself into oblivion (OK I got that part down), show up 5 minutes before the shooters meeting.

What I save on ammo costs I can spend on alcohol and save myself all that time on the range, not to mention the angst and stress.

Do you really believe the practice you've been doing hasn't helped much? The rest of us see it!

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist

:rofl:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

Why mess with a perfect system

Top Bottom