• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Being a new member I want to go to as many INGO events as I can. I hope to do some competing in IDPA as well.
    Non-shooting related I want to gain 30 pounds and go from 175 to 205. Probably get some slack for this one.

Yes, you need a more stable shooting platform. I'm over stable shooting platform standards and I'm now top heavy...you have have 40-50 of mine as well :D

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ill get more specific as the new year gets closer ( i did the same thing last year) but for now:

-Shoot 2-3 major 3gun matches next year
    -shoot enough of the INMG series and finish well enough to make the end of year shootoff
    -finish high in my class at SS Nats
    -make A in at least one division for USPSA
    -Win my class at IN Sectional
    -continue building my fitness levels. Ive dropped 25lbs in the last 4 months and am on a workout/diet program that should have that doubled by the start of next year's shooting season.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Its been interesting this past half year. Well the last 3 months I actually decided that I wanted to get better. I used to just show up and shoot and just let the chips fall where they may. I actually started practicing, and trying to get better. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results. Did a couple USPSA matches at the end of the year while supplementing FNS each month. Now I suppose its to talk about goals..

1) I'd really like to win a Production match locally in USPSA. Seemingly hard goal considering EVERYONE is consistently getting much better

2) Get classified, then Make B class in Production by year end next year

3) Never lose focus and forget the big picture. I turn 21 this weekend, so I hopefully have a very long shooting life ahead of me.

4) Not get discouraged no matter where I place in the results

5) Make myself stay in Production (building other guns sound like so much fun, but will probably make my learning curve slower)

6) At year end, be able to say I'm happy with my overall performance, regardless of the results- Good or Bad

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Its been interesting this past half year. Well the last 3 months I actually decided that I wanted to get better. I used to just show up and shoot and just let the chips fall where they may. I actually started practicing, and trying to get better. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results. Did a couple USPSA matches at the end of the year while supplementing FNS each month. Now I suppose its to talk about goals..

1) I'd really like to win a Production match locally in USPSA. Seemingly hard goal considering EVERYONE is consistently getting much better

3) Never lose focus and forget the big picture. I turn 21 this weekend, so I hopefully have a very long shooting life ahead of me.

5) Make myself stay in Production (building other guns sound like so much fun, but will probably make my learning curve slower)

6) At year end, be able to say I'm happy with my overall performance, regardless of the results- Good or Bad

You forgot one:

7) Shoot a FNS match in 65 seconds... Squad with me and we'll see what we can do.

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    2012 Goals:

1. Be a better RO. Maybe do the CRO Course.
    2. Keep Designing stages that make USPSA fun and challenging.
    3. Learn to shoot revolver in USPSA(686 - Speed loaders).
    4. Make it to 50 years old sometime in April.
    5. Shoot (and work) more Major Matches, 3 to 4.
    6. Learn to shoot Limited or just let Nate shoot my gun.
    7. Keep active in my home club in USPSA and Steel Plate Matches.
    8. Get one or two more USPSA Shooters involved in NPCCC - Porter County Poppers.
    9. Get a semi auto shotgun for multigun matches (maybe).
    10. Ask my wife if she will go shooting with me on my birthday.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Rifleman with iron sights at full distance

Improve my pistol marksmanship

Improve my shotgun marksmanship

Improve my rifle marksmanship

Join a range

Get more new shooters shooting.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I want to shoot at a Project Appleseed and earn my Rifleman's patch. I want to go so badly, but always find an excuse to put if off. 2012 is the year.

I would also like to take a defensive handgun class. I'm confident in my ability. but have never taken a formal course.

I would lastly like to make some shooting friends in Indy. I'm so wrapped up in my work I don't make time for myself.

Not too late to make it to an appleseed this year! There's a couple going on next month.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana

Touche' I think you heard a lot of us *****ing this weekend about changing guns for the season end. Stick to your gun. Learn it Master it (IF we can) only do the best you can do.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Well to honestly speak from the heart. In the military pistol was about 20% and AR15 was 80%.
    I was shooting HP in my woods for years, shotgun, wing shooting. I got inducted into this sport by a local gun store owner, match sponsor, and friend. (Target Sports)

I shot my first USPSA match and was clearly addicted! This reminds me of CQB with pistol not long gun.

After 2 years in this sport I still have a lot to learn. Long gun became instinctive. Pistol (Second Shot Problem)

I can find my site on shot 1, but shot 2 comes too quick. (AKA Alpha/Charlie -Alpha/Mike)

Need to find my breathing. My Zen, my Sight.

Dry Fire, Dry Fire, Dry Fire! I have purchased Mike Burketts Drills and have them hooked up to my Big Screen TV and do this several times per week

Learn the triangle draw and push with grip technique.

Practice Mag changes more and more. I'm decent, but no Todd Jarrett

Live fire 1 time per week weather permitting. With shortening days, this will probably be done on Saturday or Sundays.

Attend Bob Vogle's Class at Velocity Shooter's Dec 10th and attend as many training sessions as possible.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Touche' I think you heard a lot of us *****ing this weekend about changing guns for the season end. Stick to your gun. Learn it Master it (IF we can) only do the best you can do.

Getting to Master is the long term goal, very long term goal. It will take a LONG time to do that!

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Read "With winning in mind" by Banny Bassham (Olympic rifle champ). The book is about the psychological part of WINNING at...whatever. "Beyond fundamentals" by Brian Enos is good too.

G19ccer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Peru
    Goal #1: Buy another handgun. Anything that catches my eye. I've already decided on an EDC so another one just to feed my addiction.

Goal #2: Shoot more! Shoot with a purpose and do it more often than once a month or so.

Goal #3: Post on INGO more!

Hal42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2011
    Well to start out, learn to shoot and learn more about firearms.

I recently had the opportunity to shoot trap with a friend; first time I had fired a firearm in about ten years. I find all the different avenues interesting so to break down that goal:

1. Focus on a single path first (my friend has a loaner shotgun that I can use to shoot trap with him so I don't have to cut everything out completely).
    2. Save up and purchase a firearm. Looking at a Ruger 10/22, the Appleseed shoots sound very interesting and after reading and reading it seems a 10/22 would be a solid investment even if I move on to other things later. This doubles as a financial goal of spending more wisely and purchasing things that aren't as fleeting as well as purchasing something that I can also use to learn a new and valuable skill(s).
    3. Take classes and attend formal training.
    4. Continue to visit local shops. It never hurts to make new friends and hear opinions and recommendations or even just a good ol'story from people face to face. This forum has helped with that immensely. Found Falls City Firearms in Clarksville, IN thanks to it. Still plan to do armchair and laptop reading for knowledge no worries there!
    5. Exercise more...that'll help in all aspects not just my shooting goals. My nephew is eventually going to be able to wear me out instead of the other way around, hoping to stave that off as long as possible.

Top Bottom