• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

There was a certain group of Ohio shooters that were know for shooting the same classifiers over and over until they got GM scores on them. They even went as far as having books made up with certain classifiers in them to know what the high hit factors were and the times and hits that they would need to get to make GM scores.

As Coach has said time and again, you can be a GM in this sport and never leave a 3x3 box.........

it usually shows up at match time

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    There was a certain group of Ohio shooters that were know for shooting the same classifiers over and over until they got GM scores on them. They even went as far as having books made up with certain classifiers in them to know what the high hit factors were and the times and hits that they would need to get to make GM scores.

As Coach has said time and again, you can be a GM in this sport and never leave a 3x3 box.........

The same goes for b class
    just look at my scores:dunno:

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009

I never understood that mentality. Its a false achievement and everyone knows it. Knew a clown in IDPA that did the same thing. But your right. The scores tell the truth.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist

Wow. Sort of just wanting to say they are a GM.. Opposite of sandbagging? Haha. Doesn't make too much sense to me, but people all think differently I suppose.

Now that I say that, I guess stating that I want to be a B class shooting is sort of the same thing (obviously I'm not gonna shoot the same classifiers as stated above). So maybe thats not a correct goal? I'm on the fence with this one.

So I think I wanna change the B class goal to just be classified in whichever class I happen to be. Back when I raced Motocross I knew people that would mathematically make sure they did not get bumped up to another class (ie throw a race or two to ensure staying below the bumping point). Im not naive enough to not realize this doesn't happen in this sport as well, I just haven't been around long enough.

Time will tell, a year goes by so fast but yet so much can happen, I just wanna have fun :rockwoot:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Wow. Sort of just wanting to say they are a GM.. Opposite of sandbagging? Haha. Doesn't make too much sense to me, but people all think differently I suppose.

Now that I say that, I guess stating that I want to be a B class shooting is sort of the same thing (obviously I'm not gonna shoot the same classifiers as stated above). So maybe thats not a correct goal? I'm on the fence with this one.

So I think I wanna change the B class goal to just be classified in whichever class I happen to be. Back when I raced Motocross I knew people that would mathematically make sure they did not get bumped up to another class (ie throw a race or two to ensure staying below the bumping point). Im not naive enough to not realize this doesn't happen in this sport as well, I just haven't been around long enough.

Time will tell, a year goes by so fast but yet so much can happen, I just wanna have fun :rockwoot:

"grandbagging" I think is what it's called. Doesn't bother me as much as sandbagging. If you want to bump your class higher than your actual level and get your ass kicked, go right ahead.

As far as sandbagging, it was the same when I was road racing motorcycles. Guys would do the same thing to makes they didn't get their white plates, so the could stay in AM and mop up contingency. It was annoying, but at least they had a halfway decent reason. With a races weekend running upwards of $1k with tires, entry fees, gas, etc, etc, they sandbagged or they didn't race anymore. (contingency back then was worth quite a bit)

Maybe I'm not going to big enough matches, but I've yet to see any contingency offered in USPSA worth my pride.

/rant.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I'm moving my gun building/hobby shop to a new home (starting tomorrow) from the basement to a new garage.
    I would like to get as many new shooters out to the range as I can.
    One more person that likes guns is one less that may vote against guns!

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Buy a proper rifle, or two

Ring steel with handguns at 100 and 200 yards and beyond.

Ring steel with handguns at 100 and 200 yards and beyond with iron sights.

Shoot competitively somewhere.

Carry more often.

Do an appleseed.

Learn to shoot the above proper rifle accurately offhand.

etc.

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    My goal would be to get back out to matches! Haven't shot a pistol match since 2007! Finally working a good job and back on top of things, my daughter just turned 1... I want to start reloading and getting back out a couple times a month to pactice. Maybe get in a steel and a uspsa match each month.

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Shoot more Highpower. Go back to Camp Perry and shoot in the Small Arms Firing School again. Up my score at Camp Perry in the Presidents 100. Teach more friends to shoot.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    So I think I wanna change the B class goal to just be classified in whichever class I happen to be.

just change it to wanting to be a B class shooter, which starts with getting classified as a B.

I made B in Production after a few years and that's now basically where I contend. I could probably make A Class in classifiers, but won't finish there in bigger matches because of my mobility. Lose 80 pounds, get knee fixed, and maybe actually practice and dry-fire, I could get there.

You've got a lot of potential, just like we saw in Jared Black. Once you get the game down, you'll move up quick. You don't have to worry about moving up, you have a potential to win some plaques as a solid "C" shooter in some of the bigger matches.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    My goal next year is to beat Jared in Production every match we shoot together.
    Actually make Master in Production
    Make it to 66 in March.
    Win every match at Riley next year.
    Continune having Great matches at South Central
    Maybe get the left shoulder replaced and left knee fixed(again)

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    just change it to wanting to be a B class shooter, which starts with getting classified as a B.

I made B in Production after a few years and that's now basically where I contend. I could probably make A Class in classifiers, but won't finish there in bigger matches because of my mobility. Lose 80 pounds, get knee fixed, and maybe actually practice and dry-fire, I could get there.

You've got a lot of potential, just like we saw in Jared Black. Once you get the game down, you'll move up quick. You don't have to worry about moving up, you have a potential to win some plaques as a solid "C" shooter in some of the bigger matches.

You have the right idea for sure. We will see by next years end where everything stands. I graduate from college in May, so that will mean I either have a lot of free time (because the job market) or no free time trying to build a career. I hope I'll be able to find a happy middle to be able to shoot as much as I want, but time will tell. And thanks for the compliment as well, I appreciate it! I feel like I just need more time shooting USPSA matches, if you do something long enough you will eventually get better right? :)

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    You have the right idea for sure. We will see by next years end where everything stands. I graduate from college in May, so that will mean I either have a lot of free time (because the job market) or no free time trying to build a career. I hope I'll be able to find a happy middle to be able to shoot as much as I want, but time will tell. And thanks for the compliment as well, I appreciate it! I feel like I just need more time shooting USPSA matches, if you do something long enough you will eventually get better right? :)

I haven't:D

Top Bottom