• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfe28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I'm hoping to shoot in at least one competitive event this year (even if it's Friday night bowling pins). Get to the trap range a few times.

D

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Figure if I update, I will be more likely to keep pushing through. :ingo:

That's actually not a bad idea. :yesway: Accountability and all. You know if you miss an update, you'll be hounded relentlessly. :):

Back in the gym myself. Started Friday. Couldn't walk most of the weekend, yay squats! Hit it again at 0dark30 this morning.

Getting under 200 by April is the goal on that front.

Dry fire program starts today. Hopefully the other shadow will finally come back and the one I have won't have to pull double duty. 7-10 days to refinish has turned into 3 weeks. :n00b:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I started dry firing this weekend and I've been slowly getting back to the workouts over the last month.

I have learned not to get too serious before the holidays are over , they tend to wreck workout/diet plans.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Goal - enabling goal(s)

1. Draw to A @7yds under 1 sec. (.4 to go) - Dry fire 4-5x week
    [STRIKE]2. Sub 2.0 Bill drill. (.5 to go) - Dry fire, splits are there, draw isn't. 4-5x week[/STRIKE]
    3. Draw>A > reload >A at 7 under 2.8 sec. - Dry fire 4-5x week
    4. See sights, call shots more consistently - Live fire 1x week, timing drills.
    5. Shoot a clean match - do 1-4, forget about speed and shoot the sights
    6. Do a high power service rifle match - buy rifle, go to match
    7. Do a 3-gun match - buy rifle and shotgun, go to match
    8. Get the wife out to a Steel match (she's gonna be pissed about the dough I spent on Super Buck Mark, but its for her, really :laugh: ) - no freakin' clue.

One down. Did it for the 3rd time today, so I think I can call that one done.

Forgot to do #3 at all in today's practice session. As for #1, I can say I'm closer to the goal, but not there yet. 1.02 is my PR, 1.20 is about par, so there's improvement.

Did #4 back in November, only through sheer volume of fire though, so that's still on the table and will be a goal in mind for the rest of the season. I need to "let go and embrace the slow"

How's everybody else coming along?

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I am shooting one more match this Season. However, I'm posting my goals for 2012. If I write them out, I may hold myself more accountable.

1. Lose Weight!!! I gained 40 lbs during the season. I will be spending the next 4 months losing it. Trainer already procured.

2. Dry Fire, Dry Fire, Dry Fire! 3-4 times per week fro 10-15 minutes at a time. Goal is to drop .4 to .7 consistently from the draw. 1.7 - 2.0 seconds is way to SLOW.

3. Practice Mag changes! FACEBOX!!!:xmad:. Again 3-4 times per week with dry fire.

4. Live fire 1 time per week weather permitting. With shortening days, this will probably be done on Saturday or Sundays. Plan on getting some Bobcat Steel. I will finally work on the Manny Bragg drills that I have

5. Watch Videos of other shooters daily. I need to work on movement with a purpose. With the trainer, we have already been working a little with footwork.

Well, that is all I can think of at the moment. I'll add as they come to me.:ingo:

#1. Down 45. Had got up to 60 lbs.

Elbows flared up again. Injection #2 tomorrow.
    Possibly hit the b class in production. Depends if I remembered my hits and time correctly. I think I threw a 79.89% and a 66% today. Not sure that was a goal though

#5. Much better about watching others. Started using hat cam.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    So how you doing on this one Daniel???

:draw:
    Now that's just mean!!

My progress....

[STRIKE]1. Draw to A @7yds under 1 sec. (.4 to go) - Dry fire 4-5x week[/STRIKE] Done it a handful of times, now the trick is to do it consistently

[STRIKE]2. Sub 2.0 Bill drill. (.5 to go) - Dry fire, splits are there, draw isn't. 4-5x week[/STRIKE] Same as above, even though I found out that a proper bill drill isn't the hands at sides start I thought it was. But, that was the goal, so now the new one is consistent proper surrender bill drills under 2.

[STRIKE]3. Draw>A > reload >A at 7 under 2.8 sec. - Dry fire 4-5x week[/STRIKE] I can do this one pretty much on demand.

4. See sights, call shots more consistently - Live fire 1x week, timing drills A work in progress

[STRIKE]5. Shoot a clean match - do 1-4, forget about speed and shoot the sights[/STRIKE] Last 2 have been clean, with 90+% of the points *knocks on wood*

6. Do a high power service rifle match - buy rifle, go to match - back burner. Maybe toward the end of this season. It's cheaper than 3-gun.

7. Do a 3-gun match - buy rifle and shotgun, go to match - bought rifle, traded it for single stack..... back burner. "Get better job" is going to have to be an enabling goal for this one.

8. Get the wife out to a Steel match (she's gonna be pissed about the dough I spent on Super Buck Mark, but its for her, really
    laugh.gif
    ) - no freakin' clue.
    - Hell will likely freeze over before I get this one.

New goals
    1. Consistent sub-1 draws to 7yd A
    2. Sub 2 surrender bill drill
    3. Keep shooting clean matches, but faster (goal 4 should help with that)
    4. Stop with all the damn extra shots!! (goal 5 should help with that!)
    5. Get my Single Stack A card.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Well guys, how is everyone doing on these?

Not much has changed

1. Down 56-58, I'm stuck. Traveling has not been to fantastic

5. Elbow is flared up again. 3rd injection in August.

7. Still watching videos. My videoing is at a stand still. Surprise! I lost the transfer cable o the computer

Practiced 3 times this year, traveling and working sucks. Hopefully will get one last session in Friday evening before state.

Will have season ending surgery on foot in October. Goals for 2013 will be evaluated then

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I hope to be alive in 2012
    If I am I will make it to a few matches

Yeah I set goals high, the exercise reminds me too much of work

As predicted I am still alive and I have made it to a few matches.
    I am down a few pounds and I'm not as worn out at the end of a match.
    I barely made B class in production,this was not a goal,in fact it was a huge mistake on my part. I will not be shooting production in 2013,if I'm still alive:)

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    As predicted I am still alive and I have made it to a few matches.
    I am down a few pounds and I'm not as worn out at the end of a match.
    I barely made B class in production,this was not a goal,in fact it was a huge mistake on my part. I will not be shooting production in 2013,if I'm still alive:)

:laugh:

I'm hoping to be shooting Limited either with the M&P or an STI (I need to hit the lottery soon...danged bills)....I'm nowhere near B class in that. Perhaps, single stack...I'm no where near B class either...in fact, I'm a C class sitting at 39%...now that sounds like a plan..lol

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    :laugh:

I'm hoping to be shooting Limited either with the M&P or an STI (I need to hit the lottery soon...danged bills)....I'm nowhere near B class in that. Perhaps, single stack...I'm no where near B class either...in fact, I'm a C class sitting at 39%...now that sounds like a plan..lol

Single stack! After state, that's how I'm gonna roll for awhile.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My only personal shooting goal this year was to shoot more this year. I have achieved that goal. Roughly 8000 rds. I was targeting 10,000. I should achieve that before the years end. Shooting the Indiana State USPSA match is something I didn't expect to do. Looking forward to that. Also considering the Single Stack match at ACC. Shot a lot of SCSA matches. I am getting much better at that. FNS goal was to break 100s, finally did that with a 74s time.

Bill Drill w/surrender draw is 2.43. I wont post where I started.

USPSA classifier avg. up from 45% to 55% in L-10. Should break 60% this month.

Im getting better.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I may join you
    This reminds me that I need some 16# recoil springs and slim grips.
    With those in hand I may have my SS where I want it

I forgot how much of a reach it was to that mag release. I fitted a slightly longer release button and ground out a thumb notch on the left grip to make it a bit easier.

I think I still might need/want an extended slide stop.

Top Bottom